News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Any ruling adversely affecting any AFL Club should now be challenged legally, it's worked for Essendon so the rules have changed!
Stop ranting. The Essendon case is completely different to this because our boys came back with a positive test.

I'd be furious if we turned this into the farce that we've witnessed over the last two years.

Stop ranting. The Essendon case is completely different to this because our boys came back with a positive test.

I'd be furious if we turned this into the farce that we've witnessed over the last two years.

At least we are Honest. More then I can say about the Peptide Bombers

It's a bit weird, but the ignore function is a fantastic thing to have sometimes. Makes for strange viewing of these forums when you ignore someone that posts about 500x a day though.

He was ignoring me I believe robertg22....I must have made sense sometime or other and he didn't like it .....Que sera sera

Yep it can be a bit like that and in this instance it was a blessing in disguise because I wasn't even aware I had Robroy on ignore :oops:

What was the salary cap back in the 70's, please remind me. Was there a draft at the time that would make paying players EVEN more of a distortion?

Also here you go champ.......

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/17/1045330538458.html

See how re-writing history is so powerful, that quality individual is on your board, yes?

I thought they Did co-operate. My mistake SOS did he spent a number of years away from the club due to it IIRC.
You guys have had some good people working at your club don't worry.

Please don't refer to me as champ again.

I thought they Did co-operate. My mistake SOS did he spent a number of years away from the club due to it IIRC.

Hey champ, our board, our rules.

SOS spent a long time away from Carlton BTW. He was considered a pariah for over a decade for his honesty.

At least we are Honest. More then I can say about the Peptide Bombers

If Essendon players had returned positive results then this would have been over years ago. Its not just a matter of honesty, even the Bombers would have been honest if their players were caught red handed like our two players were.

Sorry about that little buddy, might have got SOS wrong, was it Diesel? I'm not sure, so many names, so many paper bags, it's hard to keep track.

Sorry about that little buddy, might have got SOS wrong, was it Diesel? I'm not sure, so many names, so many paper bags, it's hard to keep track.

I thought you would go with chump but little buddy is much better.

I thought you would go with chump but little buddy is much better.
Haha, you know me too well, I had to change it from champ, got to keep the deluded punter on his feet.

More Info comes out - The Worse it Looks for them sadly
Unless that information completely exonerates them Dave.
Gonna be damned hard for some folk to not appear to be absolute, total hypocrites now that it's our players in the gun...and having tested positive, but the fact remains they are not necessarily guilty of anything if they got the substance from steaks which commonly contain it.
ASADA have no burden of proof, so can ban these two for year based solely on the test, so it would be interesting to see a civil case where two banned athletes sue a bistro and beef grazier for 2 years lost wages and the damage to their reputations and career.
Funnily enough not a single person has even remotely spat the dummy over the fact these drugs are commonly used to fatten stock and that most of us consume it often?
These things a re life threatening illicit drugs....no....like TB4?

Hey champ, our board, our rules.

SOS spent a long time away from Carlton BTW. He was considered a pariah for over a decade for his honesty.

No worries TT trying to keep things friendly. Get a fair bit of info on Collingwood players. Been mates with one of your young guns sister for ages.
But I'm thinking why would I come on and share it.
To a lot of Collingwood supporter Champ is one of the worst insults right up there with Dog.
Enjoy your Board Peeps

I really wish people would stop trying to say "I hope it happens to this club, I hope it happens to that club" funny the AFL waited to release blah blah blah.

Look at the facts, OUR players tested POSITIVE to a highly banned drug, Essendon players did not, news flash, thats a big difference people. Stop trying to hide the s**t by bringing others into the dirt. You really think the AFL is pleased about this to the point they use it to hide an Essendon result? Please, wake up to yourself, the AFL don't want any of this. Especially to two of its biggest clubs. It's a problem, it's our problem, and its peoples livelihood stop wishing it upon others.

Ill be the first to say if they have knowingly taken Clenbuterol than throw the book out them and they won't see the AFL ever again, but to say I hope it happens to this guy, to that guy is pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries TT trying to keep things friendly. Get a fair bit of info on Collingwood players. Been mates with one of your young guns sister for ages.
To a lot of Collingwood supporter Champ is one of the worst insults right up there with Dog.
Enjoy your Board Peeps

"I know somebody who knows something but someboody called me champ so I'm not sharing"

OK petal

Enjoy your Board Peeps
1794600_676121819093192_1137979351_n.jpg

Ok lovey?

Wow what a great start to my honeymoon. Check the internet briefly and see this.

Assuming the double checks and what not come back positive, ban and sack asap, and move on.

I'm a fan of JT, but the club comes first. Bye bye.

I really wish people would stop trying to say "I hope it happens to this club, I hope it happens to that club" funny the AFL waited to release blah blah blah.

Look at the facts, OUR players tested POSITIVE to a highly banned drug, Essendon players did not, news flash, thats a big difference people. Stop trying to hide the s**t by bringing others into the dirt. You really think the AFL is pleased about this to the point they use it to hide an Essendon result? Please, wake up to yourself, the AFL don't want any of this. Especially to two of its biggest clubs. It's a problem, it's our problem, and its peoples livelihood stop wishing it upon others.

Ill be the first to say if they have knowingly taken Clenbuterol than throw the book out them and they won't see the AFL ever again, but to say I hope it happens to this guy, to that guy is pathetic.

Well Bummers not being Tested Postive make the Drug Testing look Llke a Joke

What if they didnt knowingly take it but were unaware it was an ingredient in an illicit drug they shouldt have been taking but is not per se a PED? It will be interesting to know if they get any dispensation for this as they werent in this scneario deliberately trying to improve their performance. Or does it make no difference? Who knows.

What if they didnt knowingly take it but were unaware it was an ingredient in an illicit drug they shouldt have been taking but is not per se a PED? It will be interesting to know if they get any dispensation for this as they werent in this scneario deliberately trying to improve their performance. Or does it make no difference? Who knows.
Without being an expert in illicit drugs and how they use them to "line" cocaine. I imagine that storey would be proven true or false based on the levels of clenbuterol.

An assumption I would make would be levels would be lower from taking cocaine than if they deliberately used the substance in tablet form. I would say there's no chance of the meat containing or atleast very slim so the boys have taken something. I'd bet on that.

If it is found cocaine was the case it leads to another interesting debate. Personally someone like keeffe who was in our leadership group so he's seen as a leader if he's into that I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club

Still no word from the players. What could be taking so long?

To my knowledge the lawyers were keen to explore the contaminated meat path. Once that's shown to be a dead end we'll just be awaiting the results of the B sample before we hear anything.

To my knowledge the lawyers were keen to explore the contaminated meat path. Once that's shown to be a dead end we'll just be awaiting the results of the B sample before we hear anything.

The club has stated though that they hope to speak to the players soon. If that doesn't happen before the B sample can we assume they are finished at Collingwood?

Why do you think even there club are very skeptical of that being the reason.
I'm sorry for the players and supporters too if its all just unlucky circumstance.

But I'd like to think I'm a realist and I find that highly unlikely.
Also you don't know me so just go the post and not the man in future.
Old Navy, that's exactly what i was doing, going the post. Our club cant come out and admit guilt or profess innocence, they're simply waiting for asada to complete a process before they boot these two or support them. It sounds like you've made up your mind, im simply saying we should all take a step back and wait for a difinitive outcome. They've either told porky pies or they honestly don't know what's going on, if it's the latter i feel extremely sorry for them.

Without being an expert in illicit drugs and how they use them to "line" cocaine. I imagine that storey would be proven true or false based on the levels of clenbuterol.

An assumption I would make would be levels would be lower from taking cocaine than if they deliberately used the substance in tablet form. I would say there's no chance of the meat containing or atleast very slim so the boys have taken something. I'd bet on that.

If it is found cocaine was the case it leads to another interesting debate. Personally someone like keeffe who was in our leadership group so he's seen as a leader if he's into that I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club

My knowledge is lower than yours I'm guessing. I'm just going by the article about the NRL player that I initially commented on. Levels in the system may well help tell the story. The meat argument has already been discounted, they were in NZ where its not used, not Asia where it is.

Keeffe was dropped from the leadership group this year. Is that an indication that the club wasnt happy with something about his leadership? The other three dropped were Maxwell and Ball (ret) and Young (always injured)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back