News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

footyfanatic09

Senior List
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Gotta say I don't think these boys deliberately took Clen .
But I also don't think it was from Chinese meat . Hopefully it turn out well for them .

gtrain23

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If this is from coke.
give the police this dealers name and number.
cut cocaine with rubbish is not a laughing matter.

just trying to make a few smile in a very very upsetting situation for our club.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If this is from coke.
give the police this dealers name and number.
cut cocaine with rubbish is not a laughing matter.

just trying to make a few smile in a very very upsetting situation for our club.
Sigh... Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. Unless you are saying that you enjoy cocaine and hate to see it cut, which might explain your suggestion that your post is meant to light-heartedly cheer people up.

Ricky90

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just so I don't have to read another 20 odd pages, can someone give me the cliff notes?

Where and how do St. Kilda and Carlton come into this? What else has come to light?

Frankie23

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty simple, if they knew what they were taking they're gone, I'll be happy to see the back of them.

If it's the cocaine theory, then we've got to sick by them. They're young lads, anyone who goes out in Melbourne knows the scene is way out of hand, drugs are done that freely and are readily available. Those who think it's a 'football problem' have no idea, because it is that prevalent in society.

Yes there's education, but at the end of the day I can personally forgive a player for taking the odd illicit substance because of the pressures around them. Pressure from the club to stay fit, pressure from society, it's a better alternative to alcohol, their mates are probably all around it as well etc etc.

It's a hard one, and hopefully the cocaine theory rings true and the AFL tighten the 3 strike policy.

Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Just so I don't have to read another 20 odd pages, can someone give me the cliff notes?

Where and how do St. Kilda and Carlton come into this? What else has come to light?
There was a rumour doing the rounds today that another two players (one from Carlton & one from St Kilda) were also in trouble for taking the same drug as Keefe and Thomas. According to Robbo on 360, all 17 clubs had been contacted about the possibility of additional players being found with this, and all 17 clubs denied any of their players being involved.

Today it was reported that Keefe & Thomas (or their legal teams) were exploring the possibility of contaminated meet in NZ, which the NZ beef industry has pretty much squashed. There has also been increasing chatter about the possiblity that they got this drug in their system through the use of illicit drugs (specifically cocaine) as the performance enhancer is sometimes added to the illicit drugs.

Also Eddie pretty much came out this mornig and said that if it was proved that they were guilty, then they would be sacked.

Cannon Dale

Draftee
Sep 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Silly question ... If it was caused by a batch of coke, would they be able to find traces of cocaine in the samples as well? How long does clenbuterol stay in your body v. cocaine?

Pretty simple, if they knew what they were taking they're gone, I'll be happy to see the back of them.

If it's the cocaine theory, then we've got to sick by them. They're young lads, anyone who goes out in Melbourne knows the scene is way out of hand, drugs are done that freely and are readily available. Those who think it's a 'football problem' have no idea, because it is that prevalent in society.

Yes there's education, but at the end of the day I can personally forgive a player for taking the odd illicit substance because of the pressures around them. Pressure from the club to stay fit, pressure from society, it's a better alternative to alcohol, their mates are probably all around it as well etc etc.

It's a hard one, and hopefully the cocaine theory rings true and the AFL tighten the 3 strike policy.
We can stick by them all we want but it doesn't mean they won't be gone even if the unlikely coke theory gets up.

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
something not right here it stinks big time The EFC, the entire club gets off its made Asada look like a irrelevant entity, surprise surprise, the biggest club gets pinged the day before, maybe to make its self look relevant, if these guys are innocent I hope they sue the s**t out the puppet masters, This season has now soured footy to the point where WGAF. How has it come this way, The media the last 2 days have been so shockingly aggressive, once they finished quartering the 2 guys they went to town with the gambling and Crisp. This year is write off, just watch the injuries will pile up again, the coach will be chucked out, Eddie himself will probably be victim from all this. Finally the masses will have their wishes come true, black days ahead guys.

Last edited:

ace andy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
something not right here it stinks big time The EFC, the entire club gets off its made Asada look like a irrelevant entity, surprise surprise, the biggest club gets pinged the day before, maybe to make its self look relevant, if these guys are innocent I hope they sue the s**t out the puppet masters, This season has now soured footy to the point where WGAF. How has it come this way, just watch the injuries will pile up again, the coach will be chucked out, Eddie himself will probably be victim from all this. Finally the masses will have wishes come true, black days ahead guys.

So you reckon the AFL, ASADA or Essendon somehow tampered with drug tests to make collingwood players look guilty to take the pressure of them? I don't know how to respond to that wacko theory.

something not right here it stinks big time The EFC, the entire club gets off its made Asada look like a irrelevant entity, surprise surprise, the biggest club gets pinged the day before, maybe to make its self look relevant, if these guys are innocent I hope they sue the s**t out the puppet masters, This season has now soured footy to the point where WGAF. How has it come this way, just watch the injuries will pile up again, the coach will be chucked out, Eddie himself will probably be victim from all this. Finally the masses will have wishes come true, black days ahead guys.

Agree - Something smells really Fishy

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood

Being a "victim" of drug taking because 'everyone else does in Melbourne' is wrong on so many levels. It is not a defence of any kind.

something not right here it stinks big time The EFC, the entire club gets off its made Asada look like a irrelevant entity, surprise surprise, the biggest club gets pinged the day before, maybe to make its self look relevant, if these guys are innocent I hope they sue the s**t out the puppet masters, This season has now soured footy to the point where WGAF. How has it come this way, The media the last 2 days have been so shockingly aggressive, once they finished quartering the 2 guys they went to town with the gambling and Crisp. This year is write off, just watch the injuries will pile up again, the coach will be chucked out, Eddie himself will probably be victim from all this. Finally the masses will have their wishes come true, black days ahead guys.

I'm entering my 39th year as a Collingwood supporter, and if there's one thing I've learnt along the journey, it's that "easy" isn't the Collingwood way of doing things.

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you reckon the AFL, ASADA or Essendon somehow tampered with drug tests to make collingwood players look guilty to take the pressure of them? I don't know how to respond to that wacko theory.
Look Man the efc took cocktails of performance enhancers, they admitted it their captain admitted it Dean Robinson admitted it. Nothing surprises me anymore, Who would of thought that injecting rooms be set up, all sorts of s**t be injected into athletes, and then all of them get off 2 days before the season starts, Mate that's a wacko theory. Lets just wait and see, I bet these guys will live free and conscious free when its all said and done. Just like the dirty bombers.

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Not to mention how much of the proverbial would hit the fan if it was discovered that ASADA were deliberately tampering with blood samples. Surely no-one would be stupid enough to do that. It would truly be the darkest day in the history of Australian sport if it was discovered that our national anti-doping agency was corrupt, which I very very very much doubt is.

Look Man the efc took cocktails of performance enhancers, they admitted it their captain admitted it Dean Robinson admitted it. Nothing surprises me anymore, Who would of thought that injecting rooms be set up, all sorts of s**t be injected into athletes, and then all of them get off 2 days before the season starts, Mate that's a wacko theory. Lets just wait and see, I bet these guys will live free and conscious free when its all said and done. Just like the dirty bombers.

To my thinking, ASADA / WADA have been focusing so much on the individual competitors, the Lance Armstrongs and Ben Johnsons of this world, and their code doesn't appear to be set up to handle systematic doping in team sports.

Every regulated industry on the planet has a record keeping obligation.

If Essendon had been running an airline and been busted not keeping maintenance records then they'd be out of business.

WADA / ASADA are clearly out of touch on that count.

To my thinking, ASADA / WADA have been focusing so much on the individual competitors, the Lance Armstrongs and Ben Johnsons of this world, and their code doesn't appear to be set up to handle systematic doping of team sports.

Every regulated industry on the planet has a record keeping obligation.

If Essendon had been running an airline and been busted not kept their maintenance records in order then they'd be out of business.

WADA / ASADA are clearly out of touch in that count.

WADA / ASADA at the Moment look like the are “All Talk” and “No Action"

Back