Thommo report

Remove this Banner Ad

Except a tackle is in general play. This was after/during a marking contest.

Hence 50 metre penalty and costing us a goal. Anyone who thinks it was worth any more than that is kidding themselves.

At the end of the day Hodge's gut punch was ruled 'insufficient force' based on the Geelong medical report. We've clearly been dudded by their medical report which has resulted in 'low impact' instead of 'insufficient force'.

Obviously it's Scott's own fault he had carryover points but still, come on. It was frustration in a marking contest which cost us 50 metres and a goal. Cloke obviously wasn't affected judging by the 80 contested marks he took in the next half an hour.

Hence 50 metre penalty and costing us a goal. Anyone who thinks it was worth any more than that is kidding themselves.

At the end of the day Hodge's gut punch was ruled 'insufficient force' based on the Geelong medical report. We've clearly been dudded by their medical report which has resulted in 'low impact' instead of 'insufficient force'.

Obviously it's Scott's own fault he had carryover points but still, come on. It was frustration in a marking contest which cost us 50 metres and a goal. Cloke obviously wasn't affected judging by the 80 contested marks he took in the next half an hour.

Not sure if you've read my previous posts? I agree it was soft. I agree it didn't deserve a week. I'm simply stating that it shouldn't come as a suprise. The AFL have been consistent in wanting to take "cheap shots" out of the game. Regardless of how soft it was, it was undoubtably unnessasary and was always going to be a reprimand. The umpire reported him on the day. It's only his bad record that saw him cop a week. He's too important a player to keep doing stupid things, we need him on the park. I'm more upset with him than I am with the "system," because I know exactly what to expect from it.

While I still think Scooter was a moron for doing what he did, it's hard to believe that any medical report could condemn him for this tap. What could they say? No broken bones, no incapacity for the rest of the game, what? A bruise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back