Those that need to be held accountable

Remove this Banner Ad

The same with our assistants, I would have thought we'd have a few more highly credentialed coaches there. You'd think Harvey and Burns are good, but others seems so-so from an outsiders perspective.

Didn't Harvey win assistant coach of the year in 2014? An award that is voted on by other assistants? Many on BF were outraged at the time, of course, because we didnt agree with the award. But that often happens....

You have to laugh at this crap when people look for people to blame as an excuse with out realizing our team is not good enough to win the flag.
Davoren was at the helm of a world leading triathlon program which yielded a then unprecedented medal haul during the 2008 Olympic Games, guiding Emma Snowsill and Emma Moffat to gold and bronze in the women’s event. He has nothing to do with Reids injuries the past few years or Browns, Sinkers, Fazs, icebergs, maxxys, Ox ect or us loosing games. We are just not good enough as a team and our backline is way to INEXPERIENCED to win a flag.

True, there's a lot of high impact, burst sprinting, change of direction and jumping in triathlons....

See injury management of Ried, Karnezis, Oxley (even though not soft tissue) and especially Freeman this year. Freeman never had soft tissue injuries pre-Collingwood and now has had 2 (maybe 3) hamstrings... Tell me, do you say bad luck or mismanagement?

As much as I too question the guy's competence.

Can we at least get the name right if we are going to have a go?

Davoren. Davoren. DAVOREN!!!!!!!

He is no relation to Davros. That I know of.

Uhh actually...if I say it three times does he appear in my bathroom like Biggie Smalls? Damn he must be there...I think my hamstring just snapped in two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't help bad luck, and you don't have to be dead to be stiff. We don't need scapegoats or whipping boys.

Well I can't tell the difference.

2007davros01a.jpg
131028_davoren600-300x336.jpg

As much as I too question the guy's competence.

Can we at least get the name right if we are going to have a go?

Davoren. Davoren. DAVOREN!!!!!!!

Uhh actually...if I say it three times does he appear in my bathroom like Biggie Smalls? Damn he must be there...I think my hamstring just snapped in two
Keefe, Elliot and Ramsey like him

Didn't Harvey win assistant coach of the year in 2014? An award that is voted on by other assistants? Many on BF were outraged at the time, of course, because we didnt agree with the award. But that often happens....
Referring more to lappin, rock and hart. Interesting to see if there's any shuffling come end of the year. Wasn't aware of the Harvey award. I guess lack of development and unclear game plan are ultimately coach's responsibility. Not making any calls on bucks as prepared to give him time but there a couple of bugbears of mine at the moment.

To be fair to the OP he has a valid point.

There's no way Lockyer, Rocca or Lappin are the "best" in their field in the entire system. I can almost guarantee that you'd find better "brains" from people who have never played the game before but understand it better. These guys whilst good players, are hardly "inspiring" choices to be coaches and educators.

Eade is meh. Personally, I don't think he is that good but he is ok.

Davoren- jury is out. Injury toll has not improved with his pre-season revamp. In fact, it's gone backwards.

Remember 'Ruffles' chips?

I really liked them.

Anyone know what ever happened to 'em?

How is someone with the brain to repeatedly jump off a table to tear his plantar fascia thinking it would help him be qualified to coach. Just because you're a good player doesn't mean you'd make a good coach. By that logic Swan would be fit to join the coaching staff but I don't think anybody here would agree with that. Clubs should seek people more qualified in game theory who understand how to gain advantage/edges in a game.

Understanding game theory is one thing, being able to teach it to players and get them to apply on the field is something else.

(Kinda like being a good player is one thing, but being a good coach is something else ;) )

True, there's a lot of high impact, burst sprinting, change of direction and jumping in triathlons....

See injury management of Ried, Karnezis, Oxley (even though not soft tissue) and especially Freeman this year. Freeman never had soft tissue injuries pre-Collingwood and now has had 2 (maybe 3) hamstrings... Tell me, do you say bad luck or mismanagement?
Ried been injured for years so blame our x fitness boss at carlton, Ried also get's the same injurie as he's younger brother.
Pk came to the club with op and got healthy and injured him self during a game so bad luck, Ox rolled he's ancle in a game so it's bad luck.
Freeman is your only player you have lol, He has had bad luck champ as you will see in time as he wont be like rioli and the club are not risking a top 10 pick just for us fans so they have not played him :)
you have no idea about being elite athlete like i have cos i was one for years at world and olympic level. Triathlon is just one big burst siting on the limit as you have no idea about athletes as ive been in the victorian institute of sport and the western australian institute of sport from the age of 16.
A triathletes body is under more pressure and load than an afl player as you dont get a rest but you wouldnt have a clue but it's not the sport i did but they get lots of injuries cos cycling shortings your hamstrings and running go's the other way.

To be fair to the OP he has a valid point.

There's no way Lockyer, Rocca or Lappin are the "best" in their field in the entire system. I can almost guarantee that you'd find better "brains" from people who have never played the game before but understand it better. These guys whilst good players, are hardly "inspiring" choices to be coaches and educators.

Eade is meh. Personally, I don't think he is that good but he is ok.

Davoren- jury is out. Injury toll has not improved with his pre-season revamp. In fact, it's gone backwards.
E
what about burns? hart? harvey?
What about Buckley. He put that coaching team together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back