thread for Adelaide coach Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, that is seriously shocking. My thoughts are with his family & friends, as well as the Adelaide FC.

Being a senior coach requires such a commitment that sometimes other facets of their lives are given less time or priority. One always thinks that the father / son relationship can endure such trials, but here is one example where it didn't. A tragedy that may well have been overcome given other circumstances. Such a terrible loss for so many people. We need to give the players and his co-workers special consideration.

Unbelievable

Absolutely terrible news, when you read something like this it just makes you feel absolutely empty.

RIP Phil and condolences to his family and all at Adelaide FC.

Being a senior coach requires such a commitment that sometimes other facets of their lives are given less time or priority. One always thinks that the father / son relationship can endure such trials, but here is one example where it didn't. A tragedy that may well have been overcome given other circumstances. Such a terrible loss for so many people. We need to give the players and his co-workers special consideration.

Unbelievable

True, I think at 26 he was probably old enough to deal with it though. I can't help but imagine there may have been drugs involved. It sounds like a case of psychosis. The fact he attacked his mum as well makes me think he was pretty out of control. He may have just had psychological problems though. Either way it's just so tragic for everyone involved. I feel particularly devastated for his sister who will have to endure a plane trip back from overseas with no one around her to help her through what she's dealing with. Just so awful it's beyond belief.

I've heard the chaplain at the Crows in my circles. Said that Bailey's death was really difficult for the club, and sure kept him busy for a while. Ultimately it rallied the group, but what is that to the value of a man's life.

I'll be honest, I'll be praying for all those in that club today. I'm sure all our thoughts will be with them, too.

True, I think at 26 he was probably old enough to deal with it though. I can't help but imagine there may have been drugs involved. It sounds like a case of psychosis. The fact he attacked his mum as well makes me think he was pretty out of control. He may have just had psychological problems though. Either way it's just so tragic for everyone involved. I feel particularly devastated for his sister who will have to endure a plane trip back from overseas with no one around her to help her through what she's dealing with. Just so awful it's beyond belief.

I can tell you from personal experience ( the exact thing happened to a friends brother) that this just rips the family, and not just the immediate family apart.

This is just awful, and dredges up some very bad memories. I'll be calling my friend today.

This is also not an isolated incident, too early I know, but if there is anything good out of this (please don't think I believe anything is good at the moment) because Phil Walsh is such a high profile victim, that it may really rev up the conversation about where our society is heading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tragic news.... hard to believe... Thoughts are with all those who were connected to him, hard to believe what they were going through.

Mark Robinson said that Walsh told him that he felt a disconnect with his son as he started coaching. A man that was consumed by the love of football, just like so many of us, very sad news.

It is in times like this, where the entire football community comes together and supports those who were touched by him. Great to see.

Whole round should be cancelled, imo, as a mark of respect. Walsh's death doesn't just affect Adelaide... It directly affects all those associated with him, especially Port and WC, but really all of us. Last night's result forgotten, we only play 21 games for the season. That's not a perfect solution - but there IS NO perfect solution in a situation like this. We already have a flawed fixture, rather than a draw, so cancelling the round isn't destroying some pristine perfect construction. This is bigger than footy.

Tragic news.... hard to believe... Thoughts are with all those who were connected to him, hard to believe what they were going through.

Mark Robinson said that Walsh told him that he felt a disconnect with his son as he started coaching. A man that was consumed by the love of football, just like so many of us, very sad news.

It is in times like this, where the entire football community comes together and supports those who were touched by him. Great to see.
When did Mark Robinson say that? Any chance of a journo shutting the hell up at the appropriate time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back