List Mgmt. Thread for discussing pick 7 in the 2013 Rookie Draft - Charlie Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

silly analysis .......firstly football is about watching the game ...not watching the stats book

Otherwise ...choose a team each week based on player stats :rolleyes:

In recruiting .....why have recruiting teams at all :rolleyes: ......simply look at each U18 players stats ......that's what Richmond used to do, along with brief video tape visuals .....WOW that worked beautifully for them

Jenkins plays every game as a forward ......Otten filled in after Tex went down and had not trained at all with the forwards

But ok ....if we're going to argue this on Stats

Jenkins (2013) 24 goals 24 behinds .....from 17 games
Otten (2013) 15 goals 4 behinds .........from 17 games (can't remember if he played forward straight after Tex was injured)?
Why wouldn't the club play a natural forward forward?

The idea of Charlie Cameron fleshing out his game and running rampant on a wing is mouth-watering no doubt. Everyone would love to see it. Everyone would like him to emerge from this preseason having improved his tank to the point that he can.

I'll believe it when I see it though.

The idea of Charlie Cameron fleshing out his game and running rampant on a wing is mouth-watering no doubt. Everyone would love to see it. Everyone would like him to emerge from this preseason having improved his tank to the point that he can.

I'll believe it when I see it though.
That's the norm for you ;)

It's his natural progression. He's got the height for it, he's 183cm, just not the tank.
Needs to get to Brad Hill's level, however Hill was running 16.1 beep tests as a 17 year old.
I have no doubts Charlie will be a jet on the wing, he will break the lines and run hard.

From my understanding with Pyke wanting Charlie in the middle means we know we are obviously lacking speed and run through there. We've lacked it for about a decade, not sure why it's taken the club so long to recruit these sort of players.

It's his natural progression. He's got the height for it, he's 183cm, just not the tank.
Needs to get to Brad Hill's level, however Hill was running 16.1 beep tests as a 17 year old.
I have no doubts Charlie will be a jet on the wing, he will break the lines and run hard.

From my understanding with Pyke wanting Charlie in the middle means we know we are obviously lacking speed and run through there. We've lacked it for about a decade, not sure why it's taken the club so long to recruit these sort of players.
Exactly ......it was a waste .....as it will be a waste to put Cameron and Menzel in pockets and say that's their role ......ridiculous (unless you were Carlton)

I've always said Cameron was our Lewis Jetta ......the Sydney version, not the roly poly WC version at Xmas :p

I see a lot of words but I dont see a lot of substance. Silly analysis.
You simply cant compare Otten and Jenkins as forwards. Since 2013 Jenkins has improved rapidly and I doubt very much if Otten was not injured he would have showed the same improvement in the same position.
I watch plenty of football and dont really look at stats too much thankyou very much. I even used my memory bank to back up my opinion a couple of posts ago or does that count as a stat?

I think you'll find that WW will use stats to back an argument if they suit. But if they're used against his view, you get the "I watch footy with my eyes"

I've always said Cameron was our Lewis Jetta ......the Sydney version, not the roly poly WC version at Xmas :p
I hope not, Jetta dished up one of the worst grand final performances seen in quite some time, absolutely pathetic - but yes, when he's on he can be great. Like I said at the start of the year, the biggest thing Cameron has to improve on is his kicking, think he came along quite a bit this year with it but still has a little bit to go before he becomes a real 'weapon' with the ball in his hands.

Also think you're thinking of Motlop there.

I hope not, Jetta dished up one of the worst grand final performances seen in quite some time, absolutely pathetic - but yes, when he's on he can be great. Like I said at the start of the year, the biggest thing Cameron has to improve on is his kicking, think he came along quite a bit this year with it but still has a little bit to go before he becomes a real 'weapon' with the ball in his hands.

Also think you're thinking of Motlop there.
No i was talking Jetta & how he turned up at PS training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's also a matter of improved depth up forward. Bringing players like Menzel and Milera into the side gives us a lot more in the way of options in the forward line, which in turns frees up some of the forwards to have more midfield time. Having those extra players rotating through the midfield will also presumably help out with the reduced interchange cap - more player able to rotate between midfield and forward instead of soaking up so many interchanges going on and off the bench.

Stems from the Craig era, Speed of ball rather than speed of foot, They have slowly attempted to get speed but limited selections for 2 years hurt in that area. Look at the type of Player they have Drafted in the last 4 years, Unless they were highly rated in a select area/skill they all could run.
I will go as far to say even without Seedsman and Hampton the Crows were better prepared this year for outside speed, with the likes of Cameron, Knights, Atkins, Wigg, Kelly, Lever all quick players with good football skills.
Now I will mostly get shot down for this. All from Hamish Ogilvie and Noble era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back