Mod. Notice Threads for... ***Crows Only***

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Thanks everyone for their feedback in the poll thread - 'Adelaide Posters Only' option - do you want it?

It became clear from the poll that more than 50% of posters would like some level of Crows-only thread option on the Adelaide Board so this will be brought in on a trial basis for this season.

The most popular of the two 'yes options' was for these threads to be "used for potentially sensitive topics as defined by the OP and/or Mods"so this is what we will go with. We also felt there was sufficient weight of voters who did not want the concept at all, so restricting its use for specific purposes (rather than general threads) feels more appropriate as those users are not impacted as heavily.

Process
If a poster wants to start a topic and restrict it to 'Crows posters only' they should feel empowered to add it to their thread titles when creating threads they feel are sufficiently sensitive to need sheltering from opposition fans e.g "<topic for discussion> ***Crows Only***". The mods will retain the right for yay or nay on appropriateness of this and address it later if needed.

Some examples of threads that may be appropriate to label as 'Crows-only' include, but are not restricted to:
- a high profile player trade eg Gunston to Hawthorn
- a scandal involving the club eg Tippett saga
- a controversial incident eg Taylor Walker suspension
Etc

The Mods may also add ***Crows Only*** to specific threads that continually get bogged down in bickering eg a thread discussing memberships keeps descending into a Crows-Port s**t fight.

From the result of the poll (and moderator consideration) the types of threads that will not have a Crows-only tag are threads of an ongoing nature that will run the whole season:
- Non-Crows AFL Discussion
- Drafting and Trading 2014
Etc
If a thread like this, eg Non-Crows AFL discussion, has a patch of bickering it will be moderated as per normal, not changed to ***Crows Only*** every time a stoush pops up.

Evaluation

This system will be brought in on a trial basis for the remainder of the season. After our finals campaign (ahem) we will run another poll to see if posters would like this system retained, ramped up or removed altogether.

We ask that this system doesn't become a topic of conversation on the Board. We don't want a running commentary on the merits of it. Eg people whinging that the Board has become boring vs comments like "How nice is it to be able to talk football without the PAP flogs ruining it" etc.

Please let the trial run its course and then we will evaluate at the end of the season. As always, if you have thoughts on the system or how the Board can be improved please pm the three of us. We are happy to discuss.

Rules have been updated for this change and should also be read.

You'll live. I hope.

Plenty of precendent here. I'm personally not in favour but I believe we've done the right thing by the crows board, engaged their preferences and put forward a trial solution that best suits the feedback we've received.

Will be reviewed end of season.

Similar feedback where you want to resort to name calling may result in infractions. I'm definitely in the mood.

Is this one?

*Gets coat.

Mod comment: Only banter, but let's kick off the application of ***Crows Only*** appropriately please. No more opposition comments thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that this happened in the week that the bump is officially dead in AFL, so to does the Adelaide Board change forever...
The world changes Kane. And its a trial. You might like it by the end of the season. You'll have your chance to express your thoughts again then.

Alternatively you could offer to be a mod again.. ;)

The world changes Kane. And its a trial. You might like it by the end of the season. You'll have your chance to express your thoughts again then.

Alternatively you could offer to be a mod again.. ;)
Yes, the world changes - but not always for the better ;)

No chance of me liking it as it's about the message it sends other supporters, but at the end of the day it is the moderators' call & I respect that.

I have had my day in the sun as a moderator & quite comfortable that this board is good hands ... even if I don't agree with everything (as that would be boring wouldn't it...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So one or two threads on our board that dont alllow PAP trolls to comment in them when they have the 100,000 other threads on ours and everyone elses board to insult us in is too much to ask? Seriously?
I agree, i don't really understand why people would be concerned.

A question to the mods:

Will thread duplication be allowed? Let's say Dangerfield leaves and someone starts a thread but doesn't want the "Crows only" stamp on it even though some posters think it should be applied. Would there be two Dangerfield threads or would the thread creator and others in the "no Crows only threads" camp have no other option but to post in the now "Crows only" stamped thread?

A question to the mods:

Will thread duplication be allowed? Let's say Dangerfield leaves and someone starts a thread but doesn't put the "Crows only" stamp on it , but then some posters think it should be applied. Would there be two Dangerfield threads or would the thread creator and others in the "no Crows only threads" camp have no other option but to post in the now "Crows only" stamped thread?

In extreme situations (Dangerfield leaving would probably qualify) I'd be alright with that, but for 99% of cases I'd prefer posters to contact us and ask if we could consider making the existing thread Crows Only.

So one or two threads on our board that dont alllow PAP trolls to comment in them when they have the 100,000 other threads on ours and everyone elses board to insult us in is too much to ask? Seriously?
I think people expressing their opinion on the decision is valid and shall we say it.. cleansing ;)

However, I'd prefer we didn't get into a back and forth debate on the matter - even in this thread (though this would be the only place we let it 'go' until we feel it may need to stop).

It's a trial period and we'll get further feedback at the end of the year. We are clearly not going to change our minds again over the next week based on any discussion here...

In extreme situations (Dangerfield leaving would probably qualify) I'd be alright with that, but for 99% of cases I'd prefer posters to contact us and ask if we could consider making the existing thread Crows Only.
In addition - if the mods see the need before someone contacts us we might just whack it on.

In general, if two threads exist on the same topic they will be merged and ***Crows Only*** applied or not applied as we see fit.

I normally don't care about opposition posters having an input, but what often happens is that the bottom feeders from Bay 13 tend to hijack threads trying to make subtle attempts to troll so I definitely can see why certain threads should be limited to Crows supporters only comments.

I normally don't care about opposition posters having an input, but what often happens is that the bottom feeders from Bay 13 tend to hijack threads trying to make subtle attempts to troll so I definitely can see why certain threads should be limited to Crows supporters only comments.
It's not only the bottom feeders from other clubs though. As often as not the instigators are our very own bottom feeders.

It's not only the bottom feeders from other clubs though. As often as not the instigators are our very own bottom feeders.

Maybe we need a thread that doesn't allow opposition fans or Crows fans to post in it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back