Three Kiwis under investigation for match fixing

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't look good at all.

People may be in Ashes fever, but cricket is on life support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The depressing thing about it is, a few years ago, this sort of news would have been topping all bulletins.

People are used to fixing and cricket. The two words go hand and hand almost. A few years ago we had a fix at the home of cricket. People feigned shock, but nothing has been done about it.

Recently, a former Indian bowler was allegedly caught fixing, now we have 3 former NZ test cricketers allegedly involved in one way or another.

Cricket stinks at the moment - perhaps we could all get in the act to make a bit of money, just have a free for all fix.

Imagine how many games over the years have been manipulated - games that we have all watched and talked about in real life or on a forum.

This is a disgrace - at the moment, cricket is a disgrace to itself.

We might as well just banish the game, pretend it wasn't invented at all. Take the urn from the MCC and hurl it into the see. It means nothing. Take Punter's baggygreen and light it up - it means nothing.

Cricket is facing it's biggest threat and no-one cares at all.

Perhaps we just have Australia and England matchs.

That's pretty suspicious. Tuffy wasn't the best bowler but he definitely wasn't 4 no balls in a row bad.

when i was just out of school i was playing 3rd grade in sydney and i put my marker down 1 step short for my second spell and bowled (at least) 3 no balls in a row to start the over. then i got myself all flustered trying to sort my run up out and completely lost it, ended up bowling about 8 to 10 in the over, alongside 2 wickets, and finished it bowling of 4 steps. should have had a 3rd wicket cause the last ball was plum lbw, but apparently one of the wickets was a massive no ball and the ump was just trying to get through the over so it was probably a square up. strangest over of my life.

Disappointing news. I was just saying to a Kiwi mate the other day that I used to really rate the New Zealand team of the early noughties, with Cairns a particular favourite. They were ultra competitive and used to take it right up to a much more talented Aussie outfit. Vincent was another that played very well against us. Very sad to hear this.

The sub continents control of cricket is ruining the great game, if we didnt have to fear the multitudes taking their bat and bal (and our stars) and having a 365 day IPL tournament then all of this mad fixing and tampering could be firmly stamped out.. but alas one billion indians pay a lot for cricket and their governing body reflects that

when i was just out of school i was playing 3rd grade in sydney and i put my marker down 1 step short for my second spell and bowled (at least) 3 no balls in a row to start the over. then i got myself all flustered trying to sort my run up out and completely lost it, ended up bowling about 8 to 10 in the over, alongside 2 wickets, and finished it bowling of 4 steps. should have had a 3rd wicket cause the last ball was plum lbw, but apparently one of the wickets was a massive no ball and the ump was just trying to get through the over so it was probably a square up. strangest over of my life.

Really? If I ever bowled 1 or 2 no balls in a row no matter how bad my run up was going I would just stutter up to the crease or simply run through for a dead ball until it was sorted. I dont believe someone could bowl 8 or 10 no balls in an over, thats just ridiculous. Combine that with 2/3 wickets and it does start becoming a tad unbelievable.

Really? If I ever bowled 1 or 2 no balls in a row no matter how bad my run up was going I would just stutter up to the crease or simply run through for a dead ball until it was sorted. I dont believe someone could bowl 8 or 10 no balls in an over, thats just ridiculous. Combine that with 2/3 wickets and it does start becoming a tad unbelievable.

yeah it was pretty out there. i was only 18, very raw and young, thrown into 3rd grade against and with some very good cricketers (most NSW players would come through sydney third grade at some stage when they are 16/17/18), and just completely lost my nerve. wasn't the highlight of my cricketing career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back