Three strikes rule for downloaders...

not that it would have been much different under the alp. this is all a side show to the introduction of the tpp.
reckon that would've depended how much of a stake the ALP had in foxtel.....

this is not just about foxtel. it's about appeasing american corporations in a trans-pacific agreement.... which both parties seem to love. :rolleyes:
agreed , no it's not JUST about Foxtel.
Remember in the early days of the Gillard govt , we refused to sign a new FTA with the yanks , i reckon it was nothing more than a week later and Murdoch had turned.

cowinky-dink ????

Feb 26, 2009
Japan
AFL Club
Carlton
agreed , no it's not JUST about Foxtel.
Remember in the early days of the Gillard govt , we refused to sign a new FTA with the yanks , i reckon it was nothing more than a week later and Murdoch had turned.

cowinky-dink ????
yes, prolly murdoch is influencing tpp negotiations but if a pact comes to pass the 3 strikes policy will be the least of our problems.

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I recall reading an article I "think (don't quote me) was by the head of iinet Australia who stated the the internet filter won't work because all the end customer has to do to get around the government filter is..... Then preceded to list in detail how you could get around the filter. I read the whole thing tounge in cheak to stick it up the government.

Further to the music, also recall hearing that although the record companies, and subsequently artists are making less in sales, live music is up. So with all this free music about people are downloading, getting into the band and then going to see them in concert. Artist make a lot more out of concerts than record sales so don't think they'll be complaining too much...

Last edited:
Old school evening entertainment.:thumbsu:
Never had any problem with downloads in those days, just tape Countdown straight off the tele.
Brandis is a ******* embarrassment, he thinks an MP3 is a Mazda.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
I recall reading an article I "think (don't quote me) was by the head of iinet Australia who stated the the internet filter won't work because all the end customer has to do to get around the government filter is..... Then preceded to list in detail how you could get around the filter. I read the whole thing tounge in cheak to stick it up the government.

Further to the music, also recall hearing that although the record companies, and subsequently artists are making less in sales, live music is up. So with all this free music about people are downloading, getting into the band and then going to see them in concert. Artist make a lot more out of concerts than record sales so don't think they'll be complaining too much...
Musicians make Sweet F all through Cd sales/Purchasing Music online.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Fair dinkum mate, I have the first three series (plus four later episodes) of this on one of my hard drives, thanks to my beloved son. I can't bear to bring myself to watch any of it, because I've discerned it has elements of preposterous fantasy about it. Then there is the bullshit that surrounds its promotion. You are probably the wrong person to ask whether I should succumb.

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Got this from IP (iinet) about the govt mandatory data retention.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Here's what 53% of you morons voted for
Unky Roop-Roop appreciated it soooooooo much , he's got this gift for ya's

well done :thumbsu:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/gove...ne-of-the-worlds-toughest-20140726-3cmf1.html

wonder how many lib voters download GAME OF THRONES ??..........................

I voted for the Libs, and have done all my life. Will vote against them if this eventuates, and will let them know why. I have no issues paying for content, if I can get access to it like we should be able to in 2014.

Back