• Meh - prefer it to Sunday Twilight

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Like it

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Love it

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am interested in how our supporters view the new fad of Thursday night football matches. The existence of it seems based on the bye system (in order to have an adequate break until the next match) and we may see more byes in order to have more Thursday night matches. The AFL are bearish on bringing this in as a permanent feature. It seems to have been financially successful so far but I don't know how it will perform over several seasons. I think the AFL may be planning on marketing Thursday night, and Friday night and various time slots in different packages to be offered at the next TV rights offer

I like it from a viewing standpoint and if it is working from a commercial perspective then there is no reason not to go ahead with a full scale "Thursday Night Football" option. Just don't give 7 of the bloody things to Carlton and Richmond!!!

I think the only people who kick up a big stink are those that take their SC/DT/UF stuff waaaay too seriously and hate having these odd lockouts.

I am interested in how our supporters view the new fad of Thursday night football matches. The existence of it seems based on the bye system (in order to have an adequate break until the next match) and we may see more byes in order to have more Thursday night matches. The AFL are bearish on bringing this in as a permanent feature. It seems to have been financially successful so far but I don't know how it will perform over several seasons. I think the AFL may be planning on marketing Thursday night, and Friday night and various time slots in different packages to be offered at the next TV rights offer

horrible to get to here in perth, unless they push the time back.

watching it on tv, i tend to miss the first half as i work a bit later mond-thurs so i can get out earlier on a friday

one interesting bi-product from the thurs night dockers vs pies game was that it opened up the WAFL for the weekend, which saw west perth vs subi get 7k attendance.

I like it from a viewing standpoint and if it is working from a commercial perspective then there is no reason not to go ahead with a full scale "Thursday Night Football" option. Just don't give 7 of the bloody things to Carlton and Richmond!!!

I think the only people who kick up a big stink are those that take their SC/DT/UF stuff waaaay too seriously and hate having these odd lockouts.

I would be ok with that if they announced teams earlier. Going in to the Thursday game without knowing the teams is really annoying!

I was not sure about it last season but have come around to it this season. My primary concern was thinking it was friday when it wasn't, but now I have worked it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was not sure about it last season but have come around to it this season. My primary concern was thinking it was friday when it wasn't, but now I have worked it out.
That's what I like about it. It does feel like a Friday, then you wake up the next day - and it's Friday again! Feels like a longer weekend to me :D

I love it. Gives us a night of something decent on the TV mid-week and if it's a good game that's on I'm looking forward to getting home and watching it when I get in from work.

Agree with the poster above that it makes it feel like the weekend has started early!

To answer my own question, it finished about 9:30pm here, so about 10ish in the east. I'd probably like it to finish a little earlier than that. Start it at 6:50EST rather than 7:20.

To answer my own question, it finished about 9:30pm here, so about 10ish in the east. I'd probably like it to finish a little earlier than that. Start it at 6:50EST rather than 7:20.
But then as Defacto points out, it's a horrible time for Perth

From talking to a few Western Australian s, most Eastern state things are a horrible time for them. That is virtually so impossible to solve, I'm not even sure if it should be factored in.

From talking to a few Western Australian s, most Eastern state things are a horrible time for them. That is virtually so impossible to solve, I'm not even sure if it should be factored in.

for people who work its just literally impossible to get there without leaving work early or taking time off

you cant get anywhere in perth at that time due to traffic jams everywhere

I honestly didn't know there was Thursday games on any of the weeks until I got home to discover that the footy show wasn't on

Back