YY_Cat

Senior List
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Juventus
Hi GWS Guys,

We're going to watch the game this week. Did anybody take the shuttle bus? Is the match ticket including the ticket for the shuttle bus, or one fixed price, or calculated by zones as a normal bus? I'm living at Gladesville. Bus 2 is the right one, just no idea how much the bus ticket is.

Thanks in advance.

YY_Cat.

From Gladesville. 131500 says there is 'Bus 2' to SOP.
That only runs during major events. Swans games at ANZ are but GWS games at Spotless aren't.

From Gladesville it's a real hassle to get to SOP with public transport - at least 2 buses or a bus and a train from Parramatta. Use the trip planner http://www.transportnsw.info/ for details

Thanks all of you guys. It looks the better way is to prebook a car park there to get less hassle.

That only runs during major events. Swans games at ANZ are but GWS games at Spotless aren't.

From Gladesville it's a real hassle to get to SOP with public transport - at least 2 buses or a bus and a train from Parramatta. Use the trip planner http://www.transportnsw.info/ for details

Seconded what Grimlock said. Those buses don't run for non-ANZ/whole Showgrounds events, which is disappointing because one goes past my work and one goes past the end of my street. :(

Thanks all of you guys. It looks the better way is to prebook a car park there to get less hassle.

To be honest you probably don't need to prebook (though it's usually smarter to do so). If you're willing to get there a little early, i.e. 30 minutes or so, you shouldn't have trouble finding a park if the GWS is the only thing on out there. I walk across from Concord Station and there's usually plenty of parking available in the couple of carparks on the road directly behind Spotless, and we've also found plenty of parks on the street outside ANZ Stadium when we drove right into the park once (small child, wet weather, didn't want to risk a cold for her).

I was actually going to suggest a ferry from Huntley's Point or Kissing Point through to Sydney Olympic Park, but the last trip back from SOP is at 22:38 which would be pushing it. Looks like it's also a long walk from the actual Showgrounds area, which is disappointing.

IMO your best bet for public transport would be a bus up Victoria Rd to West Ryde Station, then the train to Concord Station and a 20 minute walk. Google's throwing up a pretty nice option with less walking though - M52 up Victoria Road to Rydalmere, swap on to the 525 and that will drop you off right in SOP. Check to make sure they run both ways though. Non-train options out of SOP after 10:30pm at night can be pretty sparse.

Totally overwhelmed by the so huge useful information from you guys. I have made everything ready. I have two tickets, pre-booked one spot to make the watching not hassle since tomorrow could be another chilly and windy day. I think I will drive around SS to get more familiar with the place so next time I can find some cheaper and closer spots. Thanks guys again.

See you tomorrow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back