Tigers Memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure is, hence the huge cost of framing. Would rather get them all done at once, but the missus would clearly argue that $500 could be spent elsewhere.

Thought about having them block-mounted instead of framed?

My mrs got a a limited edition Tommy's Tigers WEG print and had it block-mounted as i have a whole bunch of concert posters etc block mounted. Not quite as classy as a frame, but can look very good when you have a lot of them next to one another (as you will!)

photo (1).JPG

(Apologies for the poor camera work!)

Buy some timber from Bunnings (this is not as paid post), head to the trade desk and get them to cut you some frames to size. Head to the glue section and glue/nail the ends together then head to the paint department and give them a nice coat of black paint.....finito. Might be worth a try.
Got the day off tomorrow and i reckon ill give one a go. Being a tradie I should be right.
Might watch a few 'how to' Youtube vids tonight and give it a crack. Cheers

My mrs got a a limited edition Tommy's Tigers WEG print and had it block-mounted as i have a whole bunch of concert posters etc block mounted. Not quite as classy as a frame, but can look very good when you have a lot of them next to one another (as you will!)

View attachment 6986

Sounds good. But ill be placing them in the shed/bar which has a bit of dust about. If they were to go inside this would be a preferred option! cheers

My dad and I have two RFC team blazers from the 1930's originally owned by player Dick Chergwin. The 1934 one is a 'centenary premiers' one which I think was for the centenary of Victoria. However, I don't think Dick Chergwin actually played in the premiership team that year. I think the other one is from 1933 or 1935.

I've also got a bottle of 1984 'RFC centenary' tawny port inherited from my grandma.

My dad's got a lot of old bottletops, footy records, memberships, footy cards and stuff like that. I think he might have an old 'form 4' to transfer him to Richmond that he got when he was a kid from someone at the club.

My favourite is a letter written from an old guy to my nana in the 1950s. It says how he played for Richmond with her dad (my great grandfather) "in the 90's" (i.e. 1890s!) in the VFA. It's full of interesting anecdotes, including how my great grandpa and his three brothers all played for Richmond in the same game a few times. It's a nice piece of family and RFC history.

I'm going to guess that the family you are a part of are the Watson brothers. I've seen those letters, (from memory it was written by a former player himself - Alf Elder ?).

The Chergwin blazer is a lovely item.The 34 blazer always look great.

View attachment 6986

Just on this point, if anyone has originals or valuable posters, consider carefully before you block mount them or laminate them. They will look great but doing so will reduce their value considerably. Basically if it's something that you might want to sell one day, don't do it, go for framing instead.

On the other hand, I have some band posters that are block mounted and they look good. But be careful if it's something unique, say a signed poster or something.

I have a fair bit of stuff, but the best I own is a record from the 1980 grand final. Dunno why, just rate it better than other stuff I have.

My brother-in-law is a mad Tiger and for his 50th, one of his mates gave him a frame with the 69, 73-74 & 80 Grand Final Records in it. What a mate!

Not much of a collector myself but decided last year that I would start collecting the Dreamtime jumper every year.

214e9u8.jpg
Found some frames for $14. Shed is almost complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just beautiful. This is what I want from Santa :D
I love it. Got the gym, to keep fit.... the bar to take my fitness back to where it was. Tv and a bit of table tennis for entertainment. Add the fireplace for the cold fri/ sat night games. The door up the back leads to 2 seperate rooms, one being a workshop. Anyone guess where I might spend my spare hours? :p Who wants to donate a spa??

I have a 2012 jumper signed by the whole team, Had a friend of mine stay with me for a couple of months and his son is friends with Todd Elton, so as a thankyou for letting him stay he had his young bloke give T.E a call and organized my jumper, super stoked!

I have the Ben Cousins jumper from his game against West Coast which was signed for my 18th birthday.
Last year i got a Jack Riewoldt signed jumper as well as a Dustin Martin one.
I also got a Trent Cotchin signed jumper for my 21st this year.
Both the Cousins and Cotch ones are hanging over my bed proudly and look great.

I have a couple of genuine 1980 Weg Premiership posters that I am thinking of putting on eBay, one is in pretty good nick for something of this vintage (just yellowing of the paper), the other has a few torn bits as well but is still all there.

Anyone have any idea what these things may be worth?

I had one of those in my collection of membership cards from 1974 onwards (now all donated to the RFC Museum), it is genuine.

Wow !! welcome dcstar. That's amazing you've been a member since 2003 and have posted once ? That has to be some kind of record. I look forward to hearing more from you. :thumbsu:;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back