Opinion Tigers most improved player

Remove this Banner Ad

Edwards for mine as tigers best in close disposer of the ball, has just about gone to A grade level.

Edwards before his injuries was our best player. It's gotta be him (for what, the 4th time?).

It's no wonder we're having a good year though when you look how many names could be legitimately tossed into the ring: Batchelor, Vickery, KMac, Grigg, even Grimes has improved dramatically.

Last edited:
1. Lennon
2. Vlastuin
3. Vickery

It's a great sign that we have heaps to choose from.

Batchelor - From someone who's selection was iffy to an integral part of a settled backline, flexible and dependable.
Grigg - From whipping boy to our most consistent performer, inside and out.
Grimes - From injury prone underachiever to our most versatile defender, quality player.
Lennon - From "why did we draft this soft ****" to "how much upside has this bloke got".
Edwards - Talented but lightweight and error prone to very good to bordering on elite.
Vickery - Laughing stock to power forward.
Vlaustin - Will improve and improve and improve, love this kid.

Ty for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batchelor showed promise last year but was flaky and I wasn't sure if he was going to make it.

This year he has become incredibly dependable and taken on a range of different types of forwards.

He's strong overhead, fearless, has a beautiful left foot and makes great decisions.

He's a real find and has the potential to be a 200+ gamer.
He also appearss to possess that intangible that my mates and I refer to as "old man strength". You know those guys that are just stronger than everyone else? Luke McGuane had it, and I reckon Batch does too.

TV for me, was ready to trade last year, to happy to stick up for him on BF!!
Honourable mentions to Edwards and Vlas.
Rance was awesome last year, but now he is ****** awesomer.

Vickery has been really good at the back end of the season. Kmac has been good one week and then quiet the next throughout the year. Flossy has improved from a solid 2014, same can be said for Titch but he's always been highly rated in it club. Lamby has played too few games but I've been impressed. Miles has shown how consistent he is.

But the chocolates go to Grimes, he's really cemented his spot as a defender with great versatility and courage that we didn't see last year. As much as everyone has improved, he had made the biggest leap.

Vlas, Lennon, Batch, Grimes, Lloyd all natural improvement as they gained experience.
Lids and Rance improved yet again, Cotch and Vicks back to their best.

But Titch gets the prize for me, went to another lvl that is now bordering on elite.

I'm not exactly sure who. But it's great that there are a few players being talked about. Particularly some 1st & 2nd year players (In senior team). Can't remember the last time that happened, Bloody AWESOME!!!!

KMac for me. All other players mentioned have been good but they've had marginal improvements on what has been previously seen. KMac was out of nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back