Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think there's a chance we could see a forward line of Jack, McBean and Griffiths early on?

Only if McBEan plays a few preseason games and tears who ever he plays apart, then that might start to weigh some thought. I think his only realistic chance would be an injury and even though I'm not a Vickery fan, wouldn't wish injury on any of our players just yet :D

IMO - it is not logical to stop attempting something, cause it failed, when you were trying it in the past with bloody Hampson...

I'd be playing Riewoldt, Griffiths, McBean. With deledio for fire power. As good as Edwards is, I'd almost leave him in a forward pocket now. His front and square work is masterful, as are his quick hands .

And, playing Vickery as the ruck in the twos. There is a lack of ruck depth, if Maric goes down I doubt richmond fans want to see Hampson. Of course Vickery is a lesser tap ruckman, but you get much more upside around the ground. A lot of times when Tyrone s in a funk, it was moving him into the ruck were he would find confidence with a few quick fire touches, or a creative bit of play.

After studying the list: I see depth in the forward and mid areas. But the most troubling, lack of depth:
1. KP Defender
2. Ruck

Of course, if you like Hampson and Chaplin, this isn't such an issue...
That would be a fair idea to trial but I'm not sure of McBeans tackling pressure when we don't have the ball down there but great set up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've never been sold on him. Not sure of the benefit of having a 200cm bloke who plays like a flanker unless can run and move like buddy or blow up opponents like nick riewoldt. Hope he develops though
Justin Westhoff says hi

McBean is a freak. He's 20, 202 and what, 93? 29 VFL games and 74 goals under his belt.

He's like a 2yo So You Think: not ready yet but capable of winning a Cox Plate at 3. And 4 (and would have been 5)

poetry

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yeah I've never been sold on him. Not sure of the benefit of having a 200cm bloke who plays like a flanker unless can run and move like buddy or blow up opponents like nick riewoldt. Hope he develops though

Caus when the ball is on the ground the lad is like Peter Daicos

and when its in the air, chances are he will be the biggest bloke there and have a go at catching it

No need to write off McBean yet. He is young and still has time to develop. He hasn't even made his AFL debut yet so the criticism is uncalled for.

Liam McBean is 20, his career is over. McKenzie is the wave of the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back