Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is sticking my neck out but IMO outside of Dusty, Lennon has the largest upside of anyone on our list IMO.

Agree 100%, kid is gonna be a gun imo. Just has something about him

Haha come on man, not you to :(

Sorry man, just defending your honour amongst these heathens.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newman, 30 with suspect calfs
Can't run, can't kick, can't mark and is average in a contest, the only place he can play is HBf where he can be protected by a loose man..... But he is a great bloke, the players love him and play for him
Can't see why he wasn't given a new 3 yr contract?????
We carried him to his milestone, we got him his final let's hope he retires before the end of the season so DH is forced to play a kid...
Don't agree he cant kick, he is pretty good actually, but for me he just isn't getting it enough. That's my beef with him.

he is a safe kick, wont take a risk and is average kicking for goal..

His kicking has gone backwards as he aged IMO

i meant safe as he takes too long to decide and holds up play and then chips or takes less risky or fast play on options... he learnt his trade from Joel Bowden.. that style of footy is gone

i meant safe as he takes too long to decide and holds up play and then chips or takes less risky or fast play on options... he learnt his trade from Joel Bowden.. that style of footy is gone
To me that's more of a reflection on his team mates or game plans than himself really.

true but how about now? no excuses and he knows he doesnt have the confidence or the skill to take the risk...
look i think Newman was always a limited footballer who played in a poor team and has done well to achieve what he has, just think he should have called it a day after this year, maybe he hangs on for depth and leadership as you suggest but not in seniors at the expense of a kid

true but how about now? no excuses and he knows he doesnt have the confidence or the skill to take the risk...
look i think Newman was always a limited footballer who played in a poor team and has done well to achieve what he has, just think he should have called it a day after this year, maybe he hangs on for depth and leadership as you suggest but not in seniors at the expense of a kid
Don't get me wrong I agree he should've hung up the boots. I think he just doesn't get it enough and should be like K. Simpson of the blues. I think he pace is good enough, he kicks it well enough(can be very good), but just doesn't involve himself enough in the game. He has only got 25p's per game, less than a handful of times over the last 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back