Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

Petterd played some very good footy in the midfield. If you took your blinkers off and went to games you'd see that.

Petterd is a bit part player who should stay on the flanks, preferably in the VFL. If it must be in the seniors, forward flank where his disposal doesn't hurt the team as much and can utilize his marking. How many other clubs in the league would want or play Petterd in their midfield rotations? I'm thinking a very low number, most likely 0.

Any reason why? The few games I remember him playing forward, he kicked 2 goals v North and shut down Heath Shaw v GWS.

We lack creativity up forward as it is. Getting his clumsy antics and turnovers away from the backline is a plus but he's not talented enough to consistently offer anything up forward. You need to do moreadays than just stop an opponent. He would be an offensive liability and we need to start blending in the likes of Lennon, McDonough and co to give us more talent up front not work in more battler types.

For the record he kicked 1 goal vs North, he did shut down Shaw but he is very susceptible to tags and he only gave us 6 disposals and 0.1 the other way. The the other week he played forward vs Essendon he tagged Hibberd who touched him up and again offered nothing offensively with 8 disposals and no score. He was quickly moved to the backline after that because it wasn't working.

Petterd is a bit part player who should stay on the flanks, preferably in the VFL. If it must be in the seniors, forward flank where his disposal doesn't hurt the team as much and can utilize his marking. How many other clubs in the league would want or play Petterd in their midfield rotations? I'm thinking a very low number, most likely 0.
Ah, Barnzy. Over the years you've written off the likes of Rance, Jackson, King and Edwards as players who wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

Petterd's use by hand is excellent, and his kicking, while ungainly, is no worse than Grigg's. Unlike Grigg, Petterd is versatile, strong in the air, runs hard both ways and never fails to put his body on the line for his team.

He is a valuable squad member, and that's what you need - a squad - because you'll almost never have your mythical best 22 available. Petterd gets regular games because he's versatile, team-first and committed. He's no star and he's not a first-choice mid, but he'd be a valued squad member at every club in the league.

Ah, Barnzy. Over the years you've written off the likes of Rance, Jackson, King and Edwards as players who wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

Petterd's use by hand is excellent, and his kicking, while ungainly, is no worse than Grigg's. Unlike Grigg, Petterd is versatile, strong in the air, runs hard both ways and never fails to put his body on the line for his team.

He is a valuable squad member, and that's what you need - a squad - because you'll almost never have your mythical best 22 available. Petterd gets regular games because he's versatile, team-first and committed. He's no star and he's not a first-choice mid, but he'd be a valued squad member at every club in the league.

boom-shaka-laka

great post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha yeah but would the answer be any different if I told you I was asking for SC purposes?

Yes :D who are you looking at?

Well, I'm just looking for value for money players rather than proven stars. How about Lennon and Grimes?

Neither i would bank on, Grimes is 50/50 to be best 22 and Lennon i think depends on NAB form. Lambert i would keep an eye on as a bench option for your midfield, hes a rookie right now but he will probably get upgraded before the season starts.

EDIT: Also look at Drummond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back