News Tigers To Open Talks With Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO the Boyd trade reeked of a club who was upset about their captain going and desperate to go after the club responsible, It wasnt a smart move, Essentially instead of playing it smart and trading Griffen for picks 4 - 7 and taking the risk on an unknown 18 yo stacked with potential on 100k a year, they have give up griffen and 6 and paid a million dollars a year on a long term contract to a 19 yo stacked with potential , Dumb in my opinion
Fair enough....time will tell.

IMO the Boyd trade reeked of a club who was upset about their captain going and desperate to go after the club responsible, It wasnt a smart move, Essentially instead of playing it smart and trading Griffen for picks 4 - 7 and taking the risk on an unknown 18 yo stacked with potential on 100k a year, they have give up griffen and 6 and paid a million dollars a year on a long term contract to a 19 yo stacked with potential , Dumb in my opinion
The other part that is worse is that they have also agreed to pay part of Griffin & Cooney's contract as well. They are in for some financial pain in the next few years. It will be interesting how the AFL look at that when the Bulldogs go to them with their hands out looking for some extra help.

I cant keep up with you, weren't you only a few weeks ago saying O'Neil was a decent prez, but now she's on your dud list?

Kind of like Conca. I'm assuming when you have these close chats with him (you know, the ones he keeps wanting to have with you even though you try so hard to leave him alone), you tell him that you think he's a fat lazy campaigner who we should get rid of because he's an off-field head case (as you kept telling us most of the season)?
It's all about the environment you're in at the time
You should know

That's it in a nutshell aye.

We could win the premiership next year, and he'd complain that we've gone hard for winning 1, but haven't won 2 in a row yet.

We could then win 2 in a row, and he'd complain that we'll never 3-peat because Dimma doesn't have it in him.

We could 3-peat, and he'd complain that "oh, well we still haven't won 4 in a row like in the 50's when that other team did it"

We could win 4 premierships in a row, and he'd be like "well we haven't drafted enough quality kids in to solidify our future, we're stuffed next season"

And then that 5th season, we'd make a Preliminary Final but lose it, and he'd be complaining "SEE I TOLD YOU OUR FUTURE WAS GOING TO s**t! 5 year plan my ARSE! Sack them all, especially Hampson!!!!!!!"

Absolutely sick to death of it.
Lets try and win a final before we jump to conclusions

Fancy playing for the poo and wee.
Worst jumper going round.

Not anymore they have made it yellow and nearly black (faux Tiggers piss me orf)

Or when in 12 and 24 months when some of your younger talented midfielders demand more cash then they are worth because, you know, Boyd got some and leave or get squeezed out of your club.
wont happen with the salary cap being increased and for whats its worth Its over stated Boyds $$$ as Griffen was on say $600K, people dont realize the dogs paying Boyd that much was more a tactic to get close to paying 75% of the cap next year, meaning the year after they will be able to spend 105% of it. You see, so when they bonts and Libba and Macraes and stingers will be able to get their increase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back