Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

My housemates and I go halves in the Foxtel subscription. When the AFL season finished last year they asked me to pay an extra ~$20 a month, because apparently they would have turned off the sports package if it wasn't for me. I told them that every time I catch them watching any of the sport channels I will destroy one household appliance. I also use the iPhone App to record mountains of children's shows, foreign news channels etc. onto their Foxtel outlet, so they constantly have to delete it all off. Small victories against the tight arses.
This is brilliant. Should tape the weather channel. Or channel's you don't have to really rub it in.

when you accidentally over squeeze anything out of a tube, whether it'd be gel, cream etc and you then try to put the extra amounts back into the tube by pressing on the sides of the tube to try and vacuum suck the gel/cream/liquid back inside :)

when you accidentally over squeeze anything out of a tube, whether it'd be gel, cream etc and you then try to put the extra amounts back into the tube by pressing on the sides of the tube to try and vacuum suck the gel/cream/liquid back inside :)

I do this (toothpaste) because I get psychotic when it's all blocked up at the top and goes hard!

Cruyff14 I do enjoy your posts a lot of the time and you can say what you want about my posts (most in the soccer forum) but bartelmagic is right in that some of the time you come of as a smug condescending bastard

shudders for siding with a geelong supporter over a hawthorn supporter

Cruyff14 I do enjoy your posts a lot of the time and you can say what you want about my posts (most in the soccer forum) but bartelmagic is right in that some of the time you come of as a smug condescending bastard

shudders for siding with a geelong supporter over a hawthorn supporter
I will not deny I am condescending at times. If you're stupid, I will talk down to you, simple as that.

As for what BM said, if it was someone who was renowned for solid posting, I might actually care.

Your posts (except soccer forum), are generally okay.

Going to Bali on Monday, have been holding off from getting a haircut for over a month now so I can pay ~$2 for it instead of ~$25 :thumbsu:

Jakes on you. No mongering in Bali.
Yeah, wanted Phuket instead but most people said "too expensive". Tried to explain how mongering in fact saves money, but to no avail

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My housemates and I go halves in the Foxtel subscription. When the AFL season finished last year they asked me to pay an extra ~$20 a month, because apparently they would have turned off the sports package if it wasn't for me. I told them that every time I catch them watching any of the sport channels I will destroy one household appliance. I also use the iPhone App to record mountains of children's shows, foreign news channels etc. onto their Foxtel outlet, so they constantly have to delete it all off. Small victories against the tight arses.

Not sure I agree with the petty vengeance.

But it's very frustrating having housemates who refuse to put in for foxtel, especially when you catch them watching it and are forced to put a lock on the box.

That goes for anything one housemate refuses to chip in for in the house (Within reason).

But it's very frustrating having housemates who refuse to put in for foxtel, especially when you catch them watching it and are forced to put a lock on the box.

That goes for anything one housemate refuses to chip in for in the house (Within reason).

Sometimes in sharehouses petty vengeance is the only solution. I lived in a house where I owned 90% of the stuff in the kitchen, and the two guys I lived with would use it all (which I had no problem with), but would NEVER wash up. My solution? Put all the stuff they relied on into a cupboard and padlock it up. What you gonna eat off of now, bitches?

I'm a very laid back person. The threat of destroying appliances was said completely out of jest, and they knew that. Filling their MyStar box with bollocks so they constantly had to clear it was also light-hearted. I wasn't seriously annoyed, I just think they are cheap twats.
They were precious about stuff like $10 (each) a month for the sport's package, but were the type of people who would buy Country Road tea-towels.

in year 12 to get free food we'd hold vending machines on an angle of 70-80 degrees and given them a good shake so the food stuffs would fall out.
Never got caught and got generally free choccy bars like wagon wheels:thumbsu:

The greatest thing I've ever read in regards to a school canteen.

That is a stroke of genius.

Growing up a mate of mine had an indoor pool at his parents house. I swam in this thing HUNDREDS of times. One night after being on the piss we went and crashed there.

I crash in the guest room immediately. Mate offers me a drink which i decline and he then heads back to the kitchen. About then i decide i need liquid for the night so i drag my arse up and head to the kitchen but he isn't there.

I can hear a noise so i walk through into the solarium where the pool is and the mother f'er is standing at the edge pissing in the pool!!!!

Looks around and tells me it is good for the chlorine levels. Ask him how long he has been doing this. Find out ten years. Was not happy!!! :mad:

3 years later i pumped a chick in his private on-suite spa 2 days after he moved into his new unit and told him we were even! :)

If the bedrooms are at one end of the house and pool is at another, keep on pissing away.
Heck, even go in and piss.
The fact he's been doing it for 10 years means he's a badarse.

That's a pat on the back for mine. :thumbsu:.

Bump

I have a fuel card for work so never have to pay for fuel but still do the 2c and squeeze tricks. Cant figure out why?

Another tip for perennial tighta**es is to call your insurance companies, banks etc and say your going to leave because you've got a quote for a cheaper premium/interest rate with insert competitor. Company will always give you a better deal, just have to ask for it sometimes.

Bump

I have a fuel card for work so never have to pay for fuel but still do the 2c and squeeze tricks. Cant figure out why?

Another tip for perennial tighta**es is to call your insurance companies, banks etc and say your going to leave because you've got a quote for a cheaper premium/interest rate with insert competitor. Company will always give you a better deal, just have to ask for it sometimes.

you're*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back