Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was a teen (14 from memory), I stole my set of Qantas headphones after a Brisbane to Melbourne flight. Didn't want to part with ten dollars for an okay set of earphones- oh no I didn't.

Instead, I put up with looking like a dickhead, and experiencing incredibly poor sound quality, for well over six months.

Mercifully, eventually they broke and forced me to stump up the cash for a proper pair.

The greatest thing I've ever read in regards to a school canteen.

That is a stroke of genius.

I used to do it too at the train station on the way to school.

Except I used to run at it and shoulder charge it in front of a platform full of people.

Also on the vending machine topic me and my mates used to solder 5 cent coins together in class to mimic a 2 dollar coin, worked a treat

Another beer related story

Lived in Melbourne whole life, moved up to QLD couple of years ago. On average only get back to Melbourne once a year and its a very bloody expensive week full of cabs, beers, eating out and seeing friends/relos all over the state. One time i planned for drinks with mates at the end of the week. By the time came for my prearranged drinks with all my mates I'd blown all my cash and then some.

Result being no beer money. Started the day off with a jug bought by my best mate and claiming "jug tax". This spiraled into what is now known as our annual "Jug Day". No matter what you drink it must be drunk out of a jug. Want a vodka cruiser? Pour it into a jug. Want a baileys and milk? Get a jug of it. The boys loved it and resulted in 30 odd blokes buying only jugs, being juggalos, joining the jugganaut on the jug train to jug day. Wasn't hard to get a pot out of 30 blokes with jugs who I hadn't seen for a year.

Jug Day 2013 due December. Might budget for this one

I have a couple of "mates" who I've known forever from school who will do anything to get out of paying, or spending up. One earns six figures as an advertising exec, and the other is a tragic artist. They always leave the pub together if its their round, or walk away when getting out a taxi. They'll make sure we go to the dingiest sh*t hole to eat, where they will proceed to count out the bill to the exact cent. They scam lifts off everyone, and 'arrange' things so that its walking distance from their homes. When it comes to chipping in for fuel on road trips they're nowhere to be seen, yet they've even asked for money for driving to places in the city.

The advertising exec is THAT guy everyone knows - he had it all when he was young - the hot chics lining up, the looks, the friends, the alpha male, always quick to put someone down. Now he is bald, insecure, frail, single, angry and lonely, and turned all hipster into all this stupid art and music no ones ever heard of and working stupid hours in a materialistic industry, drinking only select coffee.

The artist doesn't and never will have a dime to his name and literally tries to make a living drawing pictures of weird things like unicorns having sex with gnomes...

Cutting them out of my life the last few months has been one of the best things I've done.

Rant over

The advertising exec is THAT guy everyone knows - he had it all when he was young - the hot chics lining up, the looks, the friends, the alpha male, always quick to put someone down. Now he is bald, insecure, frail, single, angry and lonely, and turned all hipster into all this stupid art and music no ones ever heard of and working stupid hours in a materialistic industry, drinking only select coffee.

The artist doesn't and never will have a dime to his name and literally tries to make a living drawing pictures of weird things like unicorns having sex with gnomes...

Cutting them out of my life the last few months has been one of the best things I've done.

Rant over

The story of the artist is a bit sad. His art may not be your cup of tea, but you can't blame the guy for following his dream. Some of the best artists in the world were poor at some stage, some even until the day they died.

The advertising exec just sounds like a selfish prick. You made the right decision with that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was a teen (14 from memory), I stole my set of Qantas headphones after a Brisbane to Melbourne flight. Didn't want to part with ten dollars for an okay set of earphones- oh no I didn't.

Instead, I put up with looking like a dickhead, and experiencing incredibly poor sound quality, for well over six months.

Mercifully, eventually they broke and forced me to stump up the cash for a proper pair.
Almost certain this is why they now use the two prong earphones now. I remember flying Virgin (not sure if they've changed it now) and everyone was grabbing handfuls of earphones from the basket before you got on as they were normal single prong earphones.

Went shopping at the new Coles seen these big bags of dog food for $23 normally at least $10 more.Anywoo went back a week later to get more Stuff seen the dog food was marked down even more down to $17.So brought more then went looking for my docket for the $23 ones.Was going to return them and buy them for 17 bucks but lost the docket grrr.

I work at a BWS, whenever a customer uses a $10 gift card for say something $9.99, I keep the card with the remaining cent.

Cool. You'll be able to treat yourself to 'a' beer on your 80th birthday...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back