Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

i like to take shits at work. this is more about getting paid to s**t than saving $$ on toilet rolls at home, but every bit helps!
Don't you were from your home computer anyway you shill?

In every Myer I go to, I search for the 75% off the already reduced stock rack. I have found some huge bargains on this rack.

In every Myer I go to, I search for the 75% off the already reduced stock rack. I have found some huge bargains on this rack.

I went into Myer and they had 60% off a whole bunch of winter stuff with the sale ending that day (Friday). I found a nice coat and it was apparently the only thing there that wasn't on sale, despite being on a rack in the middle of the shop next to the sale sign.

Next morning on my way to do the grocery shopping an ad came over the radio saying Myerhad had a different 60% off winter stuff sale starting on the Saturday. Walked into the Myer at the centre I was going to, walked out with the same coat I tried on the day before at a fraction of the price.

Occasionally, when I drive over to visit my parents (350km away), I tend to mentally calculate how many days living as their guest will pay for the return trip petrol. If I've recently copped an irritating unexpected payment, like a parking fine, I'll often factor that in as well. If breaking even means staying 4 days, then I'll stay at least 4 days. I also plan for my food at home to run out around the time I depart.

i like to take shits at work. this is more about getting paid to s**t than saving $$ on toilet rolls at home, but every bit helps!

Always this, and for the exact same reason.

A band from Adelaide years and years ago had a song about waiting until overtime until going to take a s**t - 'Double Time Dump' I'm pretty sure the song was..

Obviously a throwback because no one gets overtime anymore... but the same sentiment is there :)

A band from Adelaide years and years ago had a song about waiting until overtime until going to take a s**t - 'Double Time Dump' I'm pretty sure the song was..

Obviously a throwback because no one gets overtime anymore... but the same sentiment is there :)

Oh that is seriously brilliant!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petrol was $1.349/L earlier this evening. Queues 3-4 cars long at each bowser.

Assuming your tank is bone dry, you're probably saving about $10, give or take. Assuming it's not, then you're saving less. Worth the effort?
:eek:

I remember Shell had a deal earlier this year where fuel was 0.99c/L for exactly 1 hour on a Wednesday. The queue was massive and some people even ran out fuel while waiting :D

Petrol was $1.349/L earlier this evening. Queues 3-4 cars long at each bowser.

Assuming your tank is bone dry, you're probably saving about $10, give or take. Assuming it's not, then you're saving less. Worth the effort?
Might stay like that for a while - It's been hovering between 131.9 and 134.9 per litre in Adelaide for about 2 weeks...

And no, still not really worth it.

Ugh, one thing I dont queue for is petrol. ****. that.
A mate of mine's old man, now retired, possibly with nothng better to do, will ring him at work and ask him if he wants to go him to go over to his, grab his car and drive it across town to save 3c a litre on petrol. He's mental.

A mate of mine's old man, now retired, possibly with nothng better to do, will ring him at work and ask him if he wants to go him to go over to his, grab his car and drive it across town to save 3c a litre on petrol. He's mental.

Yes, yes he has. Would probably burn up all the fuel on the drive back.

I use PT to get to work so consequently fill up my car about once a month.

If I am somewhere where there are multiple servos I'll go to the cheapest, but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy petrol on a Tuesday or whatever the 'best day in the cycle is' when I've got half a tank left. Best case I save a couple of bucks, it's not like they have 50% off EOFY sales at Caltex. Aint nobody got time for dat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back