Tim Membrey requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL stats

17 games 11.6 kicks 5.6 handballs 6.2 marks 2.6 tackles 1.2 clearances 3.2 I50s 0.4 R50s 48 goals 22 behinds
17 games 10.2 kicks 4.4 handballs 6.5 marks 2.6 tackles 0.2 clearances 2.9 I50s 0.1 R50s 49 goals 24 behinds

At the very least, he's extremely consistent...

Not sure he would be a walk up start for us. He would be competing for a role with both Deledio and Martin for a HF role, with a resting mid(depending on 2 or 3 tall strategy) and Edwards as the small fwd.

Not sure he would be a walk up start for us. He would be competing for a role with both Deledio and Martin for a HF role, with a resting mid(depending on 2 or 3 tall strategy) and Edwards as the small fwd.

Exactly. At his size, I think we'd do better with just picking another mid and rotating Lids/Dusty/Cotch through the forward line more.

Would have thought he'd be close to starting tbh. You guys are absolutely screaming for a lead up half forward type. I was a bit miffed you guys didn't nominate for that bloke who won The Recruit. Speed, relatively tall, would have been an ideal project at the Tiges, and only for a rookie pick...

NEAFL stats

17 games 11.6 kicks 5.6 handballs 6.2 marks 2.6 tackles 1.2 clearances 3.2 I50s 0.4 R50s 48 goals 22 behinds
17 games 10.2 kicks 4.4 handballs 6.5 marks 2.6 tackles 0.2 clearances 2.9 I50s 0.1 R50s 49 goals 24 behinds

And to put it in perspective Karnezis, who struggled for a game at both the Lions and the Pies due to his fitness base, was getting over 30 disposals regularly in the tougher NEAFL division. Those stats are pretty damning to my eye.

Wants to come back to victoria, apparently supported Essendon as a kid (not that that matters when we're in the position we're in, I just thought it would get asked somewhere down the track).

I hope we at least have a dip and ask about him, would slot in nicely.

And to put it in perspective Karnezis, who struggled for a game at both the Lions and the Pies due to his fitness base, was getting over 30 disposals regularly in the tougher NEAFL division. Those stats are pretty damning to my eye.
You can't really compare the two though, Membrey would be playing 80-90% of his game time as a pure forward. Karnezis when the Lions reserves were playing us often played on a wing or even half back at times.

I have Karnezis' 2013 stats
14 games 18.4 kicks 9.4 handballs 6.6 marks 2.9 tackles 4.1 clearances 4.4 I50s 1.8 R50s 24 goals 19 behinds

2 early second rounders (at this stage, looking like pick 25 + 26 for Higgins compo, could quite possibly end up about 20 if we get band 2 though) for Reid + Membrey?

2 early second rounders (at this stage, looking like pick 25 + 26 for Higgins compo, could quite possibly end up about 20 if we get band 2 though) for Reid + Membrey?
Not saying that's not a fair trade, but given the Swans' stocks of KP players (or lack of!) I don't think that makes much sense for us.

Not saying that's not a fair trade, but given the Swans' stocks of KP players (or lack of!) I don't think that makes much sense for us.
Yeah I don't doubt that you guys wouldn't be overly keen. But it sounds like were going to be going pretty hard at Reid and honestly I wouldn't blame him if he didn't like his role behind Buddy and Tippet too much. Of course he's contracted so if you don't want to trade him you don't have to but if we can convince him to ask for a trade, you might just be happy to get something pretty good. At those picks you could pick up an Oscar Mcdonald or similar to develop as a proper KPD which would probably be better suited to you than a forward? Also if its true he's on a pretty big back ended contract you might be happy to offload him and free up some space.

PS. it hurts when you say you have a lack of KPP players, how do you think we feel :( cmonnn just give us your 4th stringer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a Dog.
Just make sense to you, or do you know something we don't?

I like the idea. I don't think we should let his height get in the way (as in we'll still need someone about 10cm taller). He was a quality junior, he'll come relatively cheap, and he'll no doubt benefit from greater exposure at AFL level.

Would have thought he'd be close to starting tbh. You guys are absolutely screaming for a lead up half forward type. I was a bit miffed you guys didn't nominate for that bloke who won The Recruit. Speed, relatively tall, would have been an ideal project at the Tiges, and only for a rookie pick...
Yeah that is Lids and Martins role really.

Just make sense to you, or do you know something we don't?

I like the idea. I don't think we should let his height get in the way (as in we'll still need someone about 10cm taller). He was a quality junior, he'll come relatively cheap, and he'll no doubt benefit from greater exposure at AFL level.

Nothing I'd bet my life on. Have heard whispers, however.

Think he is a great fit, was disappointed we didn't draft him, even moreso when I saw he'd slipped to the third round as he had been in some people's top 20's.

Touted to go around pick 20 at the 2012 ND but slipped to pick 46. Has now had two years of Swans quality development that has made him a much better player than when he was drafted.

Probably saw himself in the fwd/mid role that Goodes has been playing. When Goods announced he is playing on in 2015, Membrey sticks his hand up to go.

Would have to be worth a pick late 30s/mid 40s you'd think, couldn't be worth less than when he was drafted. Or might go for a pick upgrade. Destination however is not obvious.

Nothing I'd bet my life on. Have heard whispers, however.

Think he is a great fit, was disappointed we didn't draft him, even moreso when I saw he'd slipped to the third round as he had been in some people's top 20's.

Do you think he might be a little similar to Stringer and Crameri?

Do you think he might be a little similar to Stringer and Crameri?

Yes - but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. If we can also manage to get a Sam Reid type - or draft a Peter Wright - all of a sudden these mid-size KPF's aren't being asked to be the focal point.

Stringer is likely to play midfield anyway, and we will also have Bontempelli moving thru the forward line.

Add Hrovat, Hunter, Dahlhaus and Honeychurch as smalls - the forward line begins to look pretty productive and hard to match up on.

I'm not convinced the forward line has been our problem to date, anyway - it's the delivery. Our HB's * around with it for far too long, handballing back and forth to each other, by which time our forwards have been well and truly covered and we are forced to bomb it in long.

If we can fix this - and have a forward line as previously mentioned - I think we start looking pretty dangerous.

Yes - but I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. If we can also manage to get a Sam Reid type - or draft a Peter Wright - all of a sudden these mid-size KPF's aren't being asked to be the focal point.

Stringer is likely to play midfield anyway, and we will also have Bontempelli moving thru the forward line.

Add Hrovat, Hunter, Dahlhaus and Honeychurch as smalls - the forward line begins to look pretty productive and hard to match up on.

I'm not convinced the forward line has been our problem to date, anyway - it's the delivery. Our HB's **** around with it for far too long, handballing back and forth to each other, by which time our forwards have been well and truly covered and we are forced to bomb it in long.

If we can fix this - and have a forward line as previously mentioned - I think we start looking pretty dangerous.

Thanks for the response. Certainly a lot to look forward to for the Doggies.

I can't agree with the bolded though. He looks like such a natural, damaging forward I reckon it'd be a real shame to play him up the ground. I reckon if you were moving Stringer out of the forwardline to make way for someone else you'd be costing yourselves goals.

Thanks for the response. Certainly a lot to look forward to for the Doggies.

I can't agree with the bolded though. He looks like such a natural, damaging forward I reckon it'd be a real shame to play him up the ground. I reckon if you were moving Stringer out of the forwardline to make way for someone else you'd be costing yourselves goals.

Think Michael Voss.

Touted to go around pick 20 at the 2012 ND but slipped to pick 46. Has now had two years of Swans quality development that has made him a much better player than when he was drafted.

Probably saw himself in the fwd/mid role that Goodes has been playing. When Goods announced he is playing on in 2015, Membrey sticks his hand up to go.

Would have to be worth a pick late 30s/mid 40s you'd think, couldn't be worth less than when he was drafted. Or might go for a pick upgrade. Destination however is not obvious.

No!
He wanted to go much earlier .
It wasn't a decision based on Goodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back