Tim Membrey requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

But you never know. Leppa does like his tall, mobile flankers.
I cant wait to see how a Liam Jones and Casboult forward line goes, will be interesting viewing thats for sure.
Liam jones will play the first few games for Carlton and then not be able to break into the side he's one of the most frustrating footballers to watch he always tries to take the most spectacular mark when he could have easily taken a simple chest mark and misses it completely

Liam jones will play the first few games for Carlton and then not be able to break into the side he's one of the most frustrating footballers to watch he always tries to take the most spectacular mark when he could have easily taken a simple chest mark and misses it completely
how is this about membrey

Nick Stevens - Carlton. Wanted to go to Collingwood.

In a trade - Josh Kennedy was reluctant to move to West Coast. It's hard to say no when your club is telling you it wants you out.

Can you name the last player that went to a club that he was forced to go to?

Bit of a difference between being forced somewhere and not getting your first choice..

He may want St Kilda but that doesn't mean he also can not see a future at the Dogs etc

Bit of a difference between being forced somewhere and not getting your first choice..

He may want St Kilda but that doesn't mean he also can not see a future at the Dogs etc

what if he is sold on st kilda due to the terms of the deal? i mean we havent really seen an article or report mentioning the doggies in 24-48 hours. sounds like he knows where he wants to go

what if he is sold on st kilda due to the terms of the deal? i mean we havent really seen an article or report mentioning the doggies in 24-48 hours. sounds like he knows where he wants to go
Horrific reasoning.

That said, I think he's a good fit for St Kilda, I'd imagine the Dogs would be satisfied with Crameri and Stringer and would be thinking taller.

Unfortunately thanks to Chris Visy Judd the world doesn't work like that anymore.

You hope that if teams are keen to sign players then they are keen to provide a reasonable trade. Whether the saints 3rd round pick is reasonable is another question.

He's a hard one to rate. Probably another one in the case for clubs getting 3rd year options on all draftees.

Exactly my point, if a fair offer is presented then he will get to where he wants to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swanny knows a guy.
130723_swan600c.jpg

Nick Stevens - Carlton. Wanted to go to Collingwood.
That can be said for every draftee that doesn't go to his club of choice, Stevens' contract expired and went into the draft, simples.

Oh well, would have been a nice player to have but wouldn't quite fit into our structure
This is the thing, You have a few blokes who can get up the ground and provide the mark out in the wing and create space, Membrey is a clone of what you have. You need guy who can crash packs and play a more traditional FF position and at least give contests in the forwardline. Membrey is not the guy

Serious? That's a shame. I'm really not keen to take another one of those guys who plays key forward in lower comps but then needs to be second or third fiddle at AFL level. We already have Siposs and Lee. And picking up Sydney's castoffs doesn't end up well for us. He better not be TDL mark 2.
Not an impossible scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back