Tim Membrey requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey is pick upgrade material, his value as a stand alone makes it worthless - to us anyway.. If we were to lump Biggs in as well then it gets interesting. Think those two together could be worth something around the 20-25 mark.

Membrey is pick upgrade material, his value as a stand alone makes it worthless - to us anyway.. If we were to lump Biggs in as well then it gets interesting. Think those two together could be worth something around the 20-25 mark.

Nope, 2 players worth pick 40 - 60 dont become pick 20-25 when packaged.

Little early to be singing Christmas songs, isn't it? ;)

Hope he gets to the Saints.

When it was first reported that he'd requested a trade, one Essendon fan page took "Tim Membrey requests a trade with Essendon and Western Bulldogs in hunt" to mean that he'd requested a trade to Essendon, but the Bulldogs are in the hunt. Not a peep out of them since. :p
LOL, as if any player of sane mind would ever request a trade to the Bombers given the circumstances. Ahh, sometimes Bombers supporters really do make me smile.

I would say pick 40+ is pure speculation, I don't think you can dump either of Biggs or Membrey in that category.

Yeah you pretty much can, neither have shown huge amounts at AFL level, Biggs is just as likely to be de-listed by us as upgraded, and Membrey has played 1 game, which wasn't exactly mind blowing, he's still pure speculation.

We will look after Membrey. Saints won't be unreasonable with their pick offer, mainly because they will want further fair dealings with us & vice versa.
I don't think we'll get much for Membrey TBH.

That will be the most likely outcome.

Wouldn't mind that outcome. St Kilda's 3rd is basically a late 2nd anyway. Doubt the Saints will need their 3rd. They will want to package their ends for another 1st. Makes sense this trade.

Well disappointing this didn't get done, St Kilda chosen to use their #1 position in PSD to grab him for free.

PSD or a pick in the 5th round, whats the difference. Either way it is usesless to the Swans.

PSD or a pick in the 5th round, whats the difference. Either way it is usesless to the Swans.

Right. Word was that both sides understood the position - if the Saints had ended up with GWS's first-round picks then they would have given 41 to the Swans. Given it didn't happen no-one could be bothered with fiddling around with 58/78/etc. No ill will either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right. Word was that both sides understood the position - if the Saints had ended up with GWS's first-round picks then they would have given 41 to the Swans. Given it didn't happen no-one could be bothered with fiddling around with 58/78/etc. No ill will either way.

Pretty much from the Swans ideally it would be an upgrade say 3rd to 2nd but we didn't expect Freo to bid for Hiscox. No I'll feelings between the Saints and us.

For what it's worth I don't think we screwed over Sydney. I think our clubs have an excellent working relationship at the trade table. I think this was just a case of membreys worth being less than any pick Sydney needed

Pretty much unfortunately if there was a pick in the 30-40 range that the Saints had they would have traded it. We have a good relationship at the trade table

Pretty much unfortunately if there was a pick in the 30-40 range that the Saints had they would have traded it. We have a good relationship at the trade table

i agree, most of our trades have been a win/win and even if one team wins one year, the other normally wins the following year

i agree, most of our trades have been a win/win and even if one team wins one year, the other normally wins the following year

Pretty much it is how trades should be. I hate sides that go into trades (Essendon for one) to screw over teams. That isn't trading. I thought it was actually nice that your chairman was on the radio today (SEN I think?) and he said that he was sorry a trade couldn't be worked out, basically said that the Swans understood.

Pretty much it is how trades should be. I hate sides that go into trades (Essendon for one) to screw over teams. That isn't trading. I thought it was actually nice that your chairman was on the radio today (SEN I think?) and he said that he was sorry a trade couldn't be worked out, basically said that the Swans understood.

yeh, did this stupid trade embargo bullshit effect things?

stupidest over-reaction of all time

yeh, did this stupid trade embargo bullshit effect things?

stupidest over-reaction of all time

Pretty much, look some trades are useless. To be fair I would have thought the Swans would have taken a throw away pick anyway, but it doesn't matter. You will take him at 1. Him and Petracca on the two half forwards. Membrey the leading 2nd/3rd tall suits your side.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-17/saints-want-membrey-early

Saints want Membrey to train with them before they actually pick him up in the PSD. Well I hope the AFL doesn't allow this. If they wanted him to start early, they should have traded for him. Allowing him to join the club before he officially does would encourage clubs in the future not to trade and go through the PSD.

No hard feelings eh?

Saints want Membrey to train with them before they actually pick him up in the PSD. Well I hope the AFL doesn't allow this. If they wanted him to start early, they should have traded for him. Allowing him to join the club before he officially does would encourage clubs in the future not to trade and go through the PSD.

No hard feelings eh?

Presumably if there were no hard feelings towards the player or the Saints then the Swans would just delist him and then we could pick him up as a DFA. Hanging onto him until the last possible minute is just annoying for everyone.

No hard feelings eh?

Why? It's in the rules, if a club makes an 'official' claim to pick a player up in the PSD then they are allowed to start training.

Presumably you weren't happy with the AFL making up the Swans trade rule on the run, so you shouldn't hope the AFL makes up another rule on the run.

Just because it doesn't benefit your club doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back