Past Tim 'Possum' Notting (1997-2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tim Notting

Played a great game against Geelong, and still offers something to our side.

Agreed. For a bloke that all know is in his last season, he is producing in our time of need. Tim is going out in the way he would be proud of - as a true club man. This has been the story of his career. From "best bench player in the game" during our premiership years, to jack of all trades in latter years, whatever the team has needed he has put his hand up for.

Even when dropped he has put his nose down and fought his way back - prepared himself so to be able to produce if required. In all he has done he has set a great example to our younger players.

I am so happy Tim has got to 200 games - a terrific achievement. And I am so glad for the pleasure he has given over the years. And I know he will do all he can for the team as long as he is with us.

A great club man. Sorry if this sounds like an obituary, but I genuinely admire the man for the way he has conducted himself.

Agreed. For a bloke that all know is in his last season, he is producing in our time of need. Tim is going out in the way he would be proud of - as a true club man. This has been the story of his career. From "best bench player in the game" during our premiership years, to jack of all trades in latter years, whatever the team has needed he has put his hand up for.

Even when dropped he has put his nose down and fought his way back - prepared himself so to be able to produce if required. In all he has done he has set a great example to our younger players.

I am so happy Tim has got to 200 games - a terrific achievement. And I am so glad for the pleasure he has given over the years. And I know he will do all he can for the team as long as he is with us.

A great club man. Sorry if this sounds like an obituary, but I genuinely admire the man for the way he has conducted himself.

Well said:thumbsu:......I just hope that when he retires, he is allowed a send-off ....

Not a champion, but a champion club man, and dedicated Lion who has given his all for his team over the years..

He deserves recognition for his loyalty and contribution to the club..

These are the kind of guys you need around the strong spine and the stars in the midfield to really make a team great. Just solid footballers who will give it everything and keep their opponent honest. This is the reason top teams become great teams, including the Lions of 01-04. Not blessed with skill, but willing to do the hard stuff, which is just as important. Players like Pike, Copeland, Possum and the Scott bros, these guys weren't really highly skilled footballers, but you could always count on them to do their bit, while the fab 4 took care of the rest.

Not a champion of the game, but definately a club champion.

Good onya Poss keep up the good work mate!
Always been a favourite of mine.

Link

Dual premiership player Tim Notting said the last third of the home-and-away season always presented physical and mental hurdles for younger players.
"This stage of the season is always a real grind," Notting, 30, said.
"It is an important time when you can set yourself up for a decent crack at the finals."
He said he was desperate to be a part of Brisbane's finals push as well as prove his worth for another season.
"A lot will depend on how I finish the season, where the list is at and what the club wants to do," he said.
"If we are on the same wavelength then hopefully I'd play on but, if not, that will be it.
"Hopefully my experience will be an asset as well in the later stages of the season."

I thought Ol' Poss was very good last night. Was often in the thick of the contest when the game was tight. His disposals didn't always come off, but he really seemed to be playing like a leader. He cares.

Link

Voss says ... the loss of Brennan will mean Tim Notting will step up to take on the back up ruck duties behind Mitch Clark

Just reported, one match ban for Poss for striking Scott Thompson, downgraded from two match if accept early plea...couldn't come at a worse time in his career. I haven't minded his last games since he came back into the side, adds a bit of versatility, that we lack. Silly boy!

Link

BRISBANE utility Tim Notting is likely to miss the Lions’ clash with Collingwood on Saturday after the AFL’s match review panel offered him a one-match suspension for striking North Melbourne’s Scott Thompson.

The panel deemed the first-quarter incident as intentional, low impact and high contact drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. An early guilty plea cuts the penalty 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match ban.

Just reported, one match ban for Poss for striking Scott Thompson, downgraded from two match if accept early plea...couldn't come at a worse time in his career. I haven't minded his last games since he came back into the side, adds a bit of versatility, that we lack. Silly boy!

Was flying the flag for Brown. Good on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn! Tim's been a really solid contributor for the last few weeks.

I don't think I agree with you Dylan12 - Vossy's comments don't give me the impression that Tim's career is at a crossroads.

Reports from some of you who went to Coorparoo for the Ressies suggest Tim didn't have a great game, but he was named in the best players, kicked a couple of goals and Gonzo was happy with his game.

So I think I'll just continue to be the glass half full girl and be confident that wasn't Possum's last game for the Lions :)

Congradulations to Notting on a great career. Sad to see him go as he was always one of my favourites.

Team Vs the Doggies:

Brisbane Lions
B: Ashley McGrath, Daniel Merrett, James Hawksley
HB: Joel Patfull, Josh Drummond, Jed Adcock
C: Jared Brennan, Simon Black, Daniel Rich
HF: Michael Rischitelli, Jonathan Brown, James Polkinghorne
F: Sam Sheldon, Daniel Bradshaw, Tim Notting
Foll: Mitch Clark, Luke Power, Justin Sherman
I/C: Rhan Hooper, Matt Austin, Travis Johnstone, Jack Redden
Emg: Bradd Dalziell, Joel Macdonald, Cheynee Stiller

In: Drummond, Adcock, Notting
Out: Jason Roe, Cheynee Stiller, Scott Harding (foot)

Congrats Poss, hope you have a ripper:thumbsu:

nottingclark.png

notting2.png
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8122/notting2.png

notting1.png

If ever the scene was set for a man to go out with a bang, this id it. One thing for sure, Possum will give it every thing he has got, and then some.

Don't know if it is rude to quote myself, but he did. Went out as a contributor to the team. All the best, Possum. bI hope he stays& plays in Brisbane.

Captain/ Coach of the 'B' Grade? Or better still for Queensland footy, Magpies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back