Past Tim 'Possum' Notting (1997-2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tim Notting (1997 - 2009)

We could end up with a Lions Mark2 version of our glory years!!:D....which players do we know have sons?..Browny better start it off with his contribution on Cup day....

Congrats to Tim and Jodie...I hope they'll be very happy (and the results of that are sons!)

Re: Tim Notting

Browny said yesterday that Notting and Jodie Henry are engaged.

Confirmed

RETIRED swimmer Jodie Henry and her ex-Brisbane Lions beau, Tim Notting, are set to wed after two-and-a-half years of dating. The Brisbane couple, who united under difficult circumstances following Tim's public split from ex-girlfriend Nicole Byrne, have given the story to today's New Idea, with Jodie detailing the unusual proposal.

2008 Review

2009 End of Season Review

In 2008 Notting's form fell away and in 2009 it was more of the same. He was still able to make a contribution, but he was clearly not the same player as he was two years ago. He found it harder to get his hands on the ball, and was not really the handy goal kicker he used to be. In round 10 he reached a personal milestone of 200 games.

Did he play one season too many? Possibly, considering he was a fringe player coming in and out of the team. Then again, his finals experience was an asset and he was one of the better players in the semi final loss to the Bulldogs (his last game). His retirement at the end of the year was predictable as he would not have been kept on otherwise.

Hopefully his last two years haven't taken the gloss off what has been a successful career. While never a champion, he has been a good player over a number of years. He leaves the game with the following achievements:

208 games
138 goals
AFL Rising Star Nomination 1999
Lions Premiership Player 2001, 2002
Lions Life Member 2006
Lions Team of the Decade member 2006
3rd Lions Club Champion 2007

notting.jpg

Congratulations to Timmy on his excellent career with the Lions. Was always an underestimated player by opponents and their supporters. A good clubman and utility for the side. Thanks for your efforts Timmy, you'll be missed :)

Will always miss Tim, so I really hope everything works out well with Jodie....thought Tim looked genuinely relaxed and happy in the photo of the two of them in whichever mag. it was..

Hope they ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after..(oh and produce some much needed little lion cubs)..:)

The way he set himself for the 2007 season was amazing.

You could tell in the pre-season he was just setting himself up for the season of his life and he was absolutely brilliant that year. Tough, explosive, game breaking.

I think he was spent after that, and fair enough.

Was one of the few Lions players who could well and truly hold his head high after the 2004 grand final too.

Probably my favorite 'cult' player to date (sorry Bushy!). :thumbsu:

The word that describes Possum, and I reckon the one he is proudest of, is clubman.

Right through his career he was the consumate team man. Best bench player in the game in the glory years. After that he stepped into a senior role, as required. Even last year when dropped there was no whinge. Just worked his butt off so he could give 100% if needed. And he was. Right to the end.

So long Poss. Thanks for the ride. And all the best in the future.

Link

Lions fans will have the opportunity to show their appreciation for recently retired dual premiership player Tim Notting before Saturday night's match when he performs a lap of honour around the Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfectly said Vipertooth...Thats exactly how I feel, and would've given up going to the Southport game (had it been on) to see Tim in a send-off..

Tim, we will never forget your loyal service to the Lions and hope you and Jodie have the "happy ever after" you deserve....

Now go make some little cubs please!:p

Jodie Henry's beach wedding
Monday, April 12, 2010
Womans Day
http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/celebrityheadlines/1037679/jodie-henrys-beach-wedding

The swim star marries former AFL player Tim Notting in a low-key ceremony. Katherine Chatfield reports.

Jodie Henry is not a woman who likes a lot of fuss.
Two hours before the Olympic gold medallist is due to get married, she’s wandering around in shorts and a singlet.

Her dress is still at the dry cleaners, while husband-to-be and former Brisbane Lions AFL player Tim Notting is driving around on his moped.

jodi_1610.jpg

They look so happy together, and relaxed....hopefully many many long and happy years ahead for them..

Congratulations to them both:):thumbsu:

Really sorrry to read this on the Lions website today.

The Lions matched their opponents through the third term as the Labrador injury toll mounted, with half-back James Slattery tearing a hamstring and former Lions star Tim Notting wrecking his knee

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/111333/default.aspx

I hate to see "wrecking" and "knee" in the same sentence where footballers are concerned, even more so when it is a former club champion like Tim Notting. I hope it is not as bad as reported and "Possum" is back playing footy before too long.

Poor Timmy!....fancy playing all those years at the highest level of rough and tumble only to fall victim of the dreaded knee after he retires, and is playing more for leisure than anything else!!...a terrible shame:(

Notting new co-coach of Labrador
Wednesday 6 July 2011

Former Lions star Tim Notting has taken over the coaching duties at Labrador following the Tigers and coach Denis Knight mutually agreeing to part ways.

Former two-time Brisbane Lions premiership player and last year’s leading goalkicker at Labrador, Tim Notting, will share the coaching duties with Brad Moore for the remainder of the season.

“That gives us time to have a good look around, assess all options available to us, and find the best candidate to take us into the future of what is a very strong NEAFL competition,” Kogelman said.

notting.jpg

Old Lions and Bears reunite
3:29 PM Fri 26 Aug, 2011

For Notting, the casual get-together presents an opportunity for him to catch up with some of his former team-mates.

“I think it’s a great idea,” Notting said.

“I see it as a good chance to spend some time with guys that I probably don’t normally catch up with.”

“I obviously see guys like Shatts (Aaron Shattock) and Trent Knobel a fair bit because I still play footy with them at Labrador. I’m also still close with a few of the boys at the Club like Browny, Jed Adcock and Cheynee Stiller.”

“But other than that, you don’t often get the chance to mix with many of your old team-mates. We’ve all moved on and are involved in our own lives now,” he said.

notting.jpg

10 years on...
By Michael Whiting
9:54 AM Thu 29 Sep, 2011

One of the unsung Lions on that historic day was goalkicking winger Tim Notting, who is still playing in the AFLQ competition for Labrador.

Notting, 32, admitted time went "pretty quickly" when asked about the 10-year anniversary.

Notting said some of his fondest memories from that first premiership were the celebrations.

He said it was in the era where the team could go out and have a drink and celebrate together before professionalism began to rein that in a little.

timnotting.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back