Tim Rogers plans a benefit concert

Remove this Banner Ad

These types of mixed messages only stand to damage what TOD has achieved thus far with Timmy... and too many cooks can spoil the broth. Everybody has a part to play in ensuring North's survival... let's not lose sight of the bigger picture. I hope this gets sorted out because I'm weary of using tired cliches:rolleyes:

The show is going to be a corker and everyone will have a chance to contribute, if only just by turning up and cheering your throats hoarse.:thumbsu::D

And yet you still managed to squeeze in a couple more gems. Kudos. :thumbsu:;)

OK, well I do know the full story, and I've spent the day waiting for this issue to be clarified by someone from the WANM group. I'm assuming you must have sent your apologies to TOD via PM, rather than post them here.

TOD volunteered to organise the gig, and has been doing a fair amount of work on it (with help from another couple of BF posters).

Despite this, WANM decided to hijack the event publicity, without so much as a courtesy conversation with TOD.

I have no interest in bagging WANM - I think you are doing a great job of getting publicity, although I remain concerned about your messaging. But it is simply not OK to muscle in on other initiatives being undertaken by other groups on BF. And then not even acknowledge that you did the wrong thing borders on arrogant.

We need plenty of people working on this - and having respect for one another. What annoys me about this is that TOD was showed no respect, and I hope there are plans to re-dress that.

Scuse me says I but that is not the way it happened.

I am from WANM and my understanding (garnered from other members of the group and from this thread) is that the article copped a hell of a battering in editing and that not one of our members had any input into the writing of the article at all.

A couple of our members were in very limited contact with Tim over this, but nothing of any significance at all. We are not trying to steal anybodys thunder and not one person in WANM sought to 'muscle in' on this great initiative.

This is all very unfortunate and utterly unnecessary. The necessary contact has been made with The Other Dean to clear the air and apologise for any misunderstanding on behalf of the group.

Just understand I think we're all working towards the same end - the benefit of the footy club in some shape or form. This bickering over what some bloody journalist and editor wrote beggars belief.

I for one, as I have said before, think TOD and Tim and all involved are utterly awesome and a major pack of dudes for going out of their way to organise this. I for one will be there on the night throwing cash all over the joint for the club and on a few drinks for TOD and co.

Scuse me says I but that is not the way it happened.

I am from WANM and my understanding (garnered from other members of the group and from this thread) is that the article copped a hell of a battering in editing and that not one of our members had any input into the writing of the article at all.

A couple of our members were in very limited contact with Tim over this, but nothing of any significance at all. We are not trying to steal anybodys thunder and not one person in WANM sought to 'muscle in' on this great initiative.

This is all very unfortunate and utterly unnecessary. The necessary contact has been made with The Other Dean to clear the air and apologise for any misunderstanding on behalf of the group.

Just understand I think we're all working towards the same end - the benefit of the footy club in some shape or form. This bickering over what some bloody journalist and editor wrote beggars belief.

I for one, as I have said before, think TOD and Tim and all involved are utterly awesome and a major pack of dudes for going out of their way to organise this. I for one will be there on the night throwing cash all over the joint for the club and on a few drinks for TOD and co.

OK. I have no wish to argue. We are all on the same side. However the article definitely came from WANM, who should have referred the journo in question to TOD. That's all.

It's going to be a great gig for the North Melbourne Football Club.

End of argument.

OK. I have no wish to argue. We are all on the same side. However the article definitely came from WANM, who should have referred the journo in question to TOD. That's all.

It's going to be a great gig for the North Melbourne Football Club.

End of argument.

The article did not come from WANM. The reporter was referred to Tim by WANM after the reporter asked WANM what are other supporters doing. WANM sent a PM to TOD letting him know that this had occured. This was the end of WANM involvement. WANM had no imput into the article.

And yes this had been clarified with TOD privately much earlier today.

And yes the messages left on the WANM website from people with question about the concert have all been referred to TOD.

The article did not come from WANM. The reporter was referred to Tim by WANM after the reporter asked WANM what are other supporters doing. WANM sent a PM to TOD letting him know that this had occured. This was the end of WANM involvement. WANM had no imput into the article.

And yes this had been clarified with TOD privately much earlier today.

And yes the messages left on the WANM website from people with question about the concert have all been referred to TOD.

Allrighty.

I don't believe this issue should be public forum from here on in unless TOD feels the need to retaliate... the mistake (no matter who is responsible) has been made, the apologies offered, and the response is now down to TOD...

Guys, did you hear Tim Rogers wants to put on a show for our little old club!!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Tim do any Wham!! covers? I'm not going if he doesn't.

OK, well I do know the full story, and I've spent the day waiting for this issue to be clarified by someone from the WANM group. I'm assuming you must have sent your apologies to TOD via PM, rather than post them here.
Take a good hard look at yourself idiot. Your club is on deaths door and you want to squabble about who gets credit for this initiative. Who gives a s**t? What are you his manager?

Take a good hard look at yourself idiot. Your club is on deaths door and you want to squabble about who gets credit for this initiative. Who gives a s**t? What are you his manager?

How ironic. A Collingwood supporter called Doodoo.

You're a newbie so maybe this is all new to you. But here's the thing... you are a visitor and you just walked into our lounge room and called one of us an idiot. Not good manners. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't b!tchslap you back to the stoneage.

An exciting thread has become depressing.
Got to move on - we don't need this s**t.

MODS - please clean up the last couple of pages in this thread. Differing points have been made and apologies/recognition given.

Don't want to be airing dirty laundry for outsiders to see.

It's imperative that we maintain a united front and not fall into the divide and conquer trap as set and played out all year by the low life dogs from the AFL and their media puppets.

MODS - please clean up the last couple of pages in this thread. Differing points have been made and apologies/recognition given.

Don't want to be airing dirty laundry for outsiders to see.

It's imperative that we maintain a united front and not fall into the divide and conquer trap as set and played out all year by the low life dogs from the AFL and their media puppets.

Agreed. Point has been made and acknowledged.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back