Other Tim Tebow - 3,000 days between games

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll have to wait & see how these plays all shape up in the context of games... ie: keeping possession and scoreboard ticking over. If the J-E-T-S botch plays (=cost games) on the back of a Tebow error/s, then it's evident the coaches will take the rap and Tebow will be crucified in the media. But on the flipside, the savvy J-E-T-S won't go down without a fight.. the AFC East/ Jets foes will need a strong running game - long drive capabilities to make the anxiety spread for Rex Ryan & co. when the clock becomes a time bomb.

Now that Schotty isn't calling the plays anymore there might be a chance Tebow could be used somewhat usefully. Of all the times he put Brad Smith in the Wildcat, I don't ever remember seeing him pass the ball, not once. It's not like he had ever played QB.:rolleyes:

Complete muppet.

Sanchez on target; Tebow struggles at Jets' OTAs

Jets fans might want to get down on one knee this morning — not to “Tebow” but to pray their team does not need to use the backup quarterback.
Tim Tebow looked terrible in his first Jets practice that was open to the media.
Now, it’s only May. It’s only organized team activities, where teams are still in shorts. But incumbent Mark Sanchez looked way ahead of Tebow at this early juncture.

Tebow looked indecisive and unsure of himself. He threw interceptions on consecutive passes at one point. Sanchez, on the other hand, looked crisp and showed a good command of the new Jets offense

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...truggles_JUPlm5mLoT3cs483L4XedI#ixzz1wPLEu1qU

I

Jets keep promised Wildcat under wraps

t
CORTLAND — Four months into his time with the Jets, Tim Tebow’s role has been discussed, dissected and deconstructed

.One thing it hasn’t been: divulged.

Ask the Jets coaches about how Tebow will be used, and prepare for a non-answer. Even the Jets players remain in the dark about exactly how the team plans to use Tebow on offense. Tebow only has played traditional quarterback during practices open to the media or public in the spring and the first two days here.
Asked yesterday about the Wildcat formation Tebow is expected to be used in, offensive coordinator Tony Sparano played coy.

He really isn't as bad as everyone says. they all act as if he has no hope in being a successful qb, but he hasn't even started one full season. I think already that alot of jets fans are one the Tebow bandwagon
You're right... he's worse. ;)

As a prototypical Quarterback Tebow is so bad it defies belief. As a winner of matches, Tebow was a major contributor. Go figure.

Who cares about how well he went throwing the ball when you can look at this? :p

11359259-large.jpg

You're right... he's worse. ;)

As a prototypical Quarterback Tebow is so bad it defies belief. As a winner of matches, Tebow was a major contributor. Go figure.
He doesn't have to be prototypical though, he can be his own kind, own game qb. But I agree with GG, use him as a FB. But tbh, I don't really care- did you guys hear Peyton went to Denver, I've got a whole new 'mania' to jump on!

He doesn't have to be prototypical though, he can be his own kind, own game qb. But I agree with GG, use him as a FB. But tbh, I don't really care- did you guys hear Peyton went to Denver, I've got a whole new 'mania' to jump on!
If you can't throw a football with any great certainty in the NFL you're not going to make it as a gimmick RB/QB hybrid. New England showed how to defend a Tebow lead offense in the playoffs.

As for Peyton, by all reports he looks like Manning of old on the short to intermediate passes. That can only bode well for the NFL and Denver.

Yeah, Manning actually looks great and very genuinely seems confident in his neck. I'd love to discuss this but we know who this thread is about :p

I don't know if anybody has heard what Rex said over the weekend about Tebow/Sanchez poor completion percentage but basically said "I hope we can run the ball" which is basically saying your QB sucks, I know it was a joke but really saying things like that at this part of the season just makes it all the much harder to get excited about the season, it's just such a circus.

Tebow's bulking up to me suggests his best ability will be used more under Rex -- his rushing ability. They blew a load on Sanchez contract upper. He'll play a LOT at QB. Tebow will get a few snaps here and there, but it'll be too predictable when he comes on, they'll know it's 80% run and 20% option pass, maybe 5% Tebow running a route as an H-Back. But he's bulked up for the express purpose of an increased load running the ball. I wonder even if he eventually could become the Jets starting HB :eek: As he's an animal physically to contend with. As big as a LBer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a Jets fan is definitely an emotional rollercoaster lol

Went to a game at the new meadowlands stadium back in 2010 was pretty awesome experience.

I just hope they can make this work. But atleast we have another serious option for Sanchez or maybe he will get his s**t together!

Not exactly the best start...for the Jets, Tebow or Sanchez..:oops:

Mixed bag for Jets, Tebow in loss to Bengals

CINCINNATI — Same Old Tebow.
The Jets new backup quarterback showed the best and worst of what he can do in his preseason debut for the team last night. Tim Tebow wowed with his legs, but underwhelmed with his arm.
Tebow provided a spark after a sluggish start by quarterback Mark Sanchez and the starting offense in a 17-6 loss to the Bengals in front of 44,161 fans at Paul Brown Stadium. He finished the night 4-for-8 for 27 yards with one interception. He also rushed it four times for 34 yards.
The polarizing player entered the game at quarterback 8:17 p.m. with 14:02 left in the second quarter. Tebow hit rookie Stephen Hill for a 12-yard gain on his first play. He then showed his scrambling ability, tucking and running for gains of 14 and 10 yards, the team’s longest rushing plays up to that point.

The Jets ran no Wildcat plays with Tebow. They are trying to keep their exact plans for Tebow under wraps until the regular season arrives Sept. 9 against the Bills. Ryan said Bengals coach Marvin Lewis called him Thursday morning to ask him not to run the Wildcat.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_are_tiny_in_tim_debut_fWI430wYnBkMtKJsq2eaaI#ixzz23EzvFwzB

I'm worried about the Jets season already..

Tebow hits the open ground with passes like none before him.
That Hill pass WAS quite humorous. But with the state of that line, they'll be destroyed with Sanchez behind there and obscure rush formations. Just look at what a vanilla D did to them. Tebow at least adds a dimension of dynamicism (They'll be drafting a QB next year though)

Columnist: Tebow could ask for trade after season if not starter

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 13, 2012, 10:14 AM EDT
350x60.jpg

Well, that didn’t take long.

Even as the Jets try to put to rest the circus talk, and even after an impressive win in the opener, it never stops.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, citing an unnamed league source, said that Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow could ask for a trade this offseason if he doesn’t become the Jets starter.

Oy.

I think he will be a good soldier,” the source told Myers. “At the end of the year, I think he will express those concerns to the Jets. He will want to move on. The one thing about Tebow is he is the quintessential team player. He would never do anything that is going to undermine the team. But he’s football-aholic. It’s in his blood. . . .

“Absolutely he will talk to the Jets or we will have misevaluated his competitive nature,” the source said. “There comes a point, where they get it and realize this is who I am and just accept that role. Tebow is not there yet.”

Aside from the idea that Tebow has great enough value with which to spur a trade ( it only takes one, but fewer and fewer people are going to be willing to take that chance with every pass he throws), there are other problems with that scenario.

Myers opines that Tebow might have preferred New York to his hometown Jaguars because it presented an easier path to get on the field.

Eh.

The Jaguars have dug in their heels on Blaine Gabbert, and he has shown some degree of improvement.

And that’s good, because Gabbert was dreadful last year.

But the idea that he was on a more secure footing than Sanchez flies in the face of logic. Sure, he’s a year removed from being a first round pick. But many around the league were convinced the Jags were looking around this offseason, and only stuck with Gabbert because they couldn’t find a clear upgrade.

Sanchez has had his problems, and the Jets clearly want to light a fire under him, but he has also played excellent football at the right times. His four road playoff wins aren’t a fluke, so the idea that he’s more vulnerable than a guy who posted a 65.4 rating and a 4-10 record last year in a town where Tebow’s been revered as a God since his high school days seems as ill-targeted as a Tebow pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back