Time for a boycott?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know there is a team of cheats playing AFL.

When are people going to pull their heads out of their arse and start boycotting AFL?

Stop going, stop watching, remove your kids, etc.

How many people are going to keep supporting this now corrupt organisation?

The only thing that will keep me interested in this lifelong passion will be heads rolling from AFL house and Windy Hill.

Should we boycott the last round? The whole season?

What is a disenfranchised supporter supposed to do? How do we hurt the AFL for this?

What is a disenfranchised supporter supposed to do?

CRYING-UNC.gif

When are people going to pull their heads out of their arse and start boycotting AFL?

The only thing that will keep me interested in this lifelong passion will be heads rolling from AFL house and Windy Hill.

What is a disenfranchised supporter supposed to do? How do we hurt the AFL for this?

I've already done both of these.

Pulled the kids out of football and in the process of looking into other sports.
The AFL is a disgrace many people are turned off at the moment.

Even Bomber Thompson thinks that someone needs to grab a hold of this, he recognizes what is happening to the game.

Wait until we know what the report really says. Not the rubbish coming from the media at present.

Then judge what the AFL does in relation to that report

Should anybody have a bad taste in their mouth afterwards. Email the AFL and the TV operators, send your membership back to the club with harsh letter. Let them know in no uncertain terms that you are a very unhappy ex-consumer of their product.

So no it is not yet time for a boycott. But if the AFL tries to sweep doping under the carpet. Then it would be time.

The AFL and Australia are starting to look like fools in the international doping scene.

Don't watch games on the TV (it'll hurt ratings) and don't go to matches (empty stadiums will be easily recognisable), the more people who do it the more the AFL will notice.

If as is the norm, the lemmings of the game will just keep turning up, paying their hard earned and the AFL will be laughing their heads off all the while.

So no it is not yet time for a boycott. But if the AFL tries to sweep doping under the carpet. Then it would be time.

Too late then !!

Start sending a message now, let the AFL know that the actual owners of the game (ie. the fans) don't like what has happened and THEY want appropriate actions taken.

Don't watch games on the TV (it'll hurt ratings) and don't go to matches (empty stadiums will be easily recognisable), the more people who do it the more the AFL will notice.

If as is the norm, the lemmings of the game will just keep turning up, paying their hard earned and the AFL will be laughing their heads off all the while.

In all seriousness, the real problem people face here is they want to hurt the league without hurting their club.

It's a genuine dilemma and understandable.

It's why the only meaningful action against the AFL must be initiated by the clubs themselves. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that. It's all one big cartel and all snouts are in the trough.

The AFL and Australia are starting to look like fools in the international doping scene.
I hope China, the US, and Germany quickly form a temporary East Germany so they can have a go back at us. We've painted ourselves to be angels of sport in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, the real problem people face here is they want to hurt the league without hurting their club.

It's why the only meaningful action against the AFL must be initiated by the clubs themselves. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that. It's all one big cartel and all snouts are in the trough.
One way to do it is the buy membership but not turn up. No lost income to club.

Other option, don't go to away games. Crowd numbers could halve in numbers. Don't sign up to AFL memberships.

Wait until we know what the report really says. Not the rubbish coming from the media at present.

Should anybody have a bad taste in their mouth afterwards. Email the AFL and the TV operators, send your membership back to the club with harsh letter. Let them know in no uncertain terms that you are a very unhappy ex-consumer of their product.

Will we ever get to see the report? We can only hope someone leaks the whole thing, otherwise I get the feeling the AFL will release select aspects of it and shred the rest.

Wrong there are many AFL fans like Earl the Norf fan that rang SEN last week that will not continue to support football due to Essendon cheating.

Right after this phone call kevin barlett said he'd had a title wave of messages repeating the same line including an entire workplace that were equally disillusioned made of a mix of clubs in regards to support.

By not watching games live or on TV they are hurting the league but not their clubs especially as all memberships have already been bought.

If the lack of gate receipts hurt the clubs then enmasse they will be collectively attacking Vlad & his cronies to get this mess sorted out correctly and quickly because they will all sue the the AFL for lost revenue via non-competence etc.

To hurt the Kremlin, you hurt your own team, to what lengths do you go?

And your club has made it an infected pimple. :thumbsdown:

That is the best you have got? This pimple was infected back when the AFL proved they couldn't even color code the teams with the umpires.

None of you are going to boycott anything...all talk...the game would be better if you did boycott it though.

This. I have little faith in them doing the right thing, but I'm prepared to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back