Opinion Time for Cloke to have a run in the McGoos?

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread.....

lol086.gif

Not even close. He has the runs on the board and that should be respected. What he needs is a few small pointers. "Mate, the chest mark is the high percentage option for 99% of footballers. You're the exception. Attack your marks arms out front. You'll win out in that scenario most of the time. Back yourself"

Yes, let's play Cloke and Swan in the 2nds.

******* brilliant :drunk:

See what I mean mate? Some posters are not happy unless they have something to complain about.

He need better delivery too, i give him that, but he gotta lead and lead hard all night, get onto the end of some of Fasolos darts.

About the only thing that made sense.

Taking a fit Cloke out of our side, no matter what form he is in, would be like removing the middle piece from a Jenga tower with one on the left or right already removed! It just boggles the mind that there would be individuals out there contemplating it.

Why are people commenting on this thread. Stupid post. Close the thread and lets move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So then the best defender would go to White and we stop his goal kicking ability and we replace Cloke with ....umm.....err....well somebody

Or we could leave Cloke in, even though he is slightly down on form, let the best defender pick him up and leave White to roam the forward line to kick goals

Gee, I dunno, its a hard one

In reality this is something you might do to help his form, people are being a bit harsh on the suggestion.

However, we have no player on our list right now that can play his role even half as good as Cloke when he is in bad form. Our lack of key forward depth (which is hard for most clubs anyway) won't allow it.

Sorry that this thread has been dealt with so harshly OP, because I can see where you are coming from.

However you can't ignore the fact that despite Clokes form he is still attracting 2-3 defenders every time it comes in the forward line, allowing Jesse White, Jamie Elliot and eventually Ben Reid to play loose.

It'd be great to see Clokey clunking marks, and kicking straight, but his pure presence in the fwd line is helping our structure. And until we have a genuine replacement, he is just too important to the way we set up to be playing VFL

If Cloke wasn't working hard or was showing poor on-field behaviour like Waite then I could see the merit in dropping him. Whilst he is not kicking goals he is still contributing to other players kicking goals. He just needs an early goal or two and his confidence will grow. He deserves the opportunity to find form, just like Swan.

Cloke will be back as good as ever. I'm sure it's a confidence thing which will be ignited early in a game. He is just one strong grab, a wheel around onto the left and a big hoof through the big sticks away. That will unleash the beast and it won't matter who we are playing or who (how many) are playing on him. Watch out. Would be wasted in the twos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back