Universal Love Time to make History!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our horrendous kicking for goal is the main reason we finished fifth. In the losses since and including the last cows game we have kicked 64 goals 83points which is s**t !!!!!!!!!! you won't win many games with that sort of conversion. If we improve in this area we can go a long way!
It's worse when you consider inside 50's. Though that only tell's half the story. I'd really like to know what our inside 25 or 30 numbers are compared to inside 50's. And if divided the inside 50 into a centre, left and right area's of equal size from the middle of the goal to the 50 line what percent goes to the centre.

We don't get enough deep into 50 entries and our 'structure' (insert Dr. Evil finger quotes there) has us with shallow and/or wide entries into the 50 too often. If there was a forward metric that rewarded entries into the 50 more for further in and centred I'm sure Port would be at the bottom of that forward 50 entry metric. That doesn't excuse some unforgivable misses on goal, but geez, the application of Chaos Theory to our forward line is not working.

We can beat anyone...we can do it....

We just to get better at keeping momentum and stopping momentum..

I would rather play anyone but the tigers this week but it is what it is...

We havent lost by much but this year...but the tigers game was the only time I felt we were beaten not only on the scoreboard.......its the only time I felt we werent better than them..

We can do it but we need everyone at their best....goals kick momentum stopped ..and keep our momentum and most importantly capatilise on our momentum with goals and not points and i50 stats..

I will feel more comfortable once this week pans out....we just got to focus on winning this week first I guess

Edit: I also hope to god hinkley has more aces up his sleeve...we seem to be a one trick pony at the moment.....we need more from our coach I feel...the players copping the heat but hinkley has no heat on him...I felt he really has dropped the ball on occasions ...I hope he brings something new to the finals on gameday

Last edited:

At first view only the eyebrows and up were visible before scrolling down. I thought it was going to be a photo of Ronald Biggs.

I was thinking Sir Les Patterson.

Edit: SNAP! questionable

les_patterson.jpg

You gotta "believe". This is a galvanised group. Let's start by beating tigers convincingly
One major weapon in September is tackling. You know how Sydney beat Hawthorn in the 2012 grand final? A big part of it was the fact that they laid over 100 bone crunching tackles!!!! Port has to replicate that throughout September. Broken tackles are often punished in the minor round - that punishment is magnified in finals footy, so our boys MUST make those tackles stick!!!!!

Not looking to get ahead of ourselves but does anyone know the likely day and time we would play in week 2 if we get through? I have to organise some work travel for that weekend and will be uber angry if im in the air when the match is on. :mad:

Saturday night. 2v3 plays on Friday night and 6 v8 Saturday night so its all set up for a Friday night semi for the loser of 2v3 to have a 7 day rest and winner of 6v7 to have a 6 day rest.

Same thing happens in the other half of the draw. 1v4 play Saturday so that loser gets a 7 day rest with a Saturday night final and 5v8 plays Sunday so that winner only gets 6 days off.

Not looking to get ahead of ourselves but does anyone know the likely day and time we would play in week 2 if we get through? I have to organise some work travel for that weekend and will be uber angry if im in the air when the match is on. :mad:
The games will be played on Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13. Since we play Richmond on Sunday, you can forget about us playing on Friday night if we win. It's simply a matter of what time the AFL schedules the Saturday final - my guess would be an afternoon final, to give the visiting team time to get home that night, in case they win.

Saturday night. 2v3 plays on Friday night and 6 v8 Saturday night so its all set up for a Friday night semi for the loser of 2v3 to have a 7 day rest and winner of 6v7 to have a 6 day rest.

Same thing happens in the other half of the draw. 1v4 play Saturday so that loser gets a 7 day rest with a Saturday night final and 5v8 plays Sunday so that winner only gets 6 days off.

Cheers REH

Excuse the intrusion.
May the Hoff take you to the promised land this September.
Good luck, all. Smash the Tiges and then win the whole bloody lot from 5th.
Another Collingwood supporter here. Very appreciative to the Port Adelaide FC for wearing the black and white jumper on Sunday. Will be barracking very hard for you to get over the line against Richmond and would be fantastic if you could go all the way to the GF. You have a great running side and players have returned to form after their mid year slump. Congratulations to Robbie Gray for winning the AFLCA award. Thought Chad Wingard had a bit of a down year. Would be great to see him fire up against Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The games will be played on Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13. Since we play Richmond on Sunday, you can forget about us playing on Friday night if we win. It's simply a matter of what time the AFL schedules the Saturday final - my guess would be an afternoon final, to give the visiting team time to get home that night, in case they win.

Haven't we had night semi's and prelim's the last few years? More TV viewers that way. Although if we we're playing a Vic side I could see the AFL making sure the Vic team had ample rest. :rolleyes:

Thanks to our Collingwood visitors for their sentiments. It almost seems this week that, if you don't barrack for Richmond, you're in Port's corner. Hopefully our boys don't let you down!!!!!!
Nah mate, it's not about letting us down. Most of us want Port to win it for Port and their supporters.
Watched Wanganeen's interview on Open Mike. Great insight into Chocco's instructions for the 2004 GF. Just get out there, take em on and enjoy the game. Port did and won. I reckon if Hinkley gives similar instructions and lets the boys off the leash, look out Tiges and everyone else.

Thanks to our Collingwood visitors for their sentiments. It almost seems this week that, if you don't barrack for Richmond, you're in Port's corner. Hopefully our boys don't let you down!!!!!!
Nah mate, it's not about letting us down. Most of us want Port to win it for Port and their supporters.
Watched Wanganeen's interview on Open Mike. Great insight into Chocco's instructions for the 2004 GF. Just get out there, take em on and enjoy the game. Port did and won. I reckon if Hinkley gives similar instructions and lets the boys off the leash, look out Tiges and everyone else.

I'd love to hear Hinkley's pre match address - I reckon it'll be one for the ages, and every Port player will want to run through a brick wall for him. The first 15 minutes will be worth watching: it'll be no place for the faint hearted!!!!!!

I'd love to hear Hinkley's pre match address - I reckon it'll be one for the ages, and every Port player will want to run through a brick wall for him. The first 15 minutes will be worth watching: it'll be no place for the faint hearted!!!!!!
He may allow the cameras, who knows? I dunno if the tigers will be able to match the intensity for most of the game. I'm expecting the Hoff to go nuts.

On Saturday, a Port Adelaide team will play Norwood in an SANFL Semi Final wearing the Prison Bar Guernsey.
On Sunday, a Port Adelaide team will play Richmond in an AFL Elimination Final wearing the Prison Bar Guernsey.

History here in the making.

you can have the collingwood supporters however i think you'll find most neutrals want the tiggy train to continue...

you can have the collingwood supporters however i think you'll find most neutrals want the tiggy train to continue...
Well every neutral I've spoken to this week wants to see a Port win: we obviously don't have the same contacts :)

Well every neutral I've spoken to this week wants to see a Port win: we obviously don't have the same contacts :)
stay away from collingwood, carlton and essendon fans and you'll find the rest are on us. I think we might have all the crows fans as well maybe...

Not that i really care who the neutrals support however our story of coming from 3-10 is quite unbelievable and most want to see it continue... almost like a hollywood movie.

stay away from collingwood, carlton and essendon fans and you'll find the rest are on us. I think we might have all the crows fans as well maybe...

Not that i really care who the neutrals support however our story of coming from 3-10 is quite unbelievable and most want to see it continue... almost like a hollywood movie.
You're confusing the general populace with the media.

To be fair, I congratulate the Tigers for being the first team to make it to September after being 3-10: it's a phenomenal achievement. If you weren't playing us, I wouldn't have minded seeing the streak continue for a bit longer.

To be fair, I congratulate the Tigers for being the first team to make it to September after being 3-10: it's a phenomenal achievement. If you weren't playing us, I wouldn't have minded seeing the streak continue for a bit longer.
that's what i'm saying, even for fans that don't usually like us, its a feel good story and you can't help but want to see it continue.

I understand if you can't support us while the game is on however as soon as it is over I would hope that port fans jump on us whether we play sydney or the dockers:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back