Time to start trading with West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I see him as a guaranteed 200+ game player for West Coast unless he heads back to Victoria. Runs all day, is great by foot and is starting to add goal kicking to his skill set. He's still small, but he's got a kind of stocky build that with a couple more pre seasons will allow him to improve the physicality of his game. He's only 22 and already cops a tag. Him and Shuey are the only 2 I feel confident saying should be part of our midfield going forward.

Anyway, I've gone way off topic here, good luck for tomorrow, hopefully Duffy snags a couple of arsey ones on debut ;)

Unlike most, I'm happy to have opposition supporters join our board. Nice contribution.

I think in general you need to look at the best midfields in the league and see if he would get a game in some of those teams. Marginal at best. I think it would be best for WC in the long run if he didn't play 200 games.

Unlike most, I'm happy to have opposition supporters join our board. Nice contribution.

I think in general you need to look at the best midfields in the league and see if he would get a game in some of those teams. Marginal at best. I think it would be best for WC in the long run if he didn't play 200 games.

Haha well I guess that's where we disagree. I think he'd get a game in basically every midfield in the AFL, and if we put him up for trade 17 clubs would come knocking. Plus I think he would be a far better player with a midfield that would support him more and deliver him better outside ball. Someone like Brad Hill would look very average at West Coast given our inability to get the ball outside. I think you're judging him very harshly given how much he's already shown at such a young age.

Most people are fine with opposition supporters on our board unless they're being absolute utensil heads. Unfortunately that doesn't leave much scope for West Coast supporters.

:)

Eagles should trade McGovern, he is surplus to them, and they need to take some Huge risks to improve their midfield. No size. No elite speed,
some good players, but nothing to be Feared.
Just like our Talls, the situation need to be fixed straight away, but at least a quality midfield can cover over some of the cracks.

Will you be our board's bushie now? You'd have to be next cab off the rank. :cool:
I'm not keen on too many rules, so I don't use the taxi rank.

Nobody could replace Bushie. Besides, he's still around occasionally.

Eagles should trade McGovern, he is surplus to them, and they need to take some Huge risks to improve their midfield. No size. No elite speed,
some good players, but nothing to be Feared.
Just like our Talls, the situation need to be fixed straight away, but at least a quality midfield can cover over some of the cracks.

They wouldn't get much for him. They need an elite midfielder or someone who has potential to be. Priddis won't be there soon, Selwood is a tagger, Shuey is a down hill skiier with no heart, Haven't seen much of Sheed, Hutchings - rubbish, Wellingham just cruising.. who else is there?

If they want to be bold and risky, they should put Darling on the block with Gov taking his role, Darling has enough currency to attract a gun mid.

They wouldn't get much for him. They need an elite midfielder or someone who has potential to be. Priddis won't be there soon, Selwood is a tagger, Shuey is a down hill skiier with no heart, Haven't seen much of Sheed, Hutchings - rubbish, Wellingham just cruising.. who else is there?

If they want to be bold and risky, they should put Darling on the block with Gov taking his role, Darling has enough currency to attract a gun mid.

Yeo will be good for them there I think. This coming draft, with possibly a high 1st and Waterman F/S will define WC. If they could use McGovern to trade for a young but surplus mid (e.g. T.Mitchell), that could help without having to give up Darling. While I would love to get McGovern, I don't see us having any realistic pieces that would interest them (Sherian maybe, helps their foot skills issue but not their pace issue, could also potentially bight us on the arse big time).

[QUOTE"TheMcManusNose, post: 34421264, member: 152829"]Yeo will be good for them there I think. This coming draft, with possibly a high 1st and Waterman F/S will define WC. If they could use McGovern to trade for a young but surplus mid (e.g. T.Mitchell), that could help without having to give up Darling. While I would love to get McGovern, I don't see us having any realistic pieces that would interest them (Sherian maybe, helps their foot skills issue but not their pace issue, could also potentially bight us on the arse big time).[/QUOTE]
Was actually thinking Croz and late pick for darling. Would be a win for all. We get a tall, WC get a pacy winger, Croz gets more opportunity and Darling goes to a good team.

[QUOTE"TheMcManusNose, post: 34421264, member: 152829"]Yeo will be good for them there I think. This coming draft, with possibly a high 1st and Waterman F/S will define WC. If they could use McGovern to trade for a young but surplus mid (e.g. T.Mitchell), that could help without having to give up Darling. While I would love to get McGovern, I don't see us having any realistic pieces that would interest them (Sherian maybe, helps their foot skills issue but not their pace issue, could also potentially bight us on the arse big time).
maybe our physios are able to help him with the issue he has with his neck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the damage is done with Darling, that'll never come out of his game now.

He would've been a good, honest hard working player that stuck fear into the hearts of defenders for 10-15 years had he have gone elsewhere. Now although still effective on gameday - not necessarily for the reasons you coach.. or SHOULD coach your players to play. I'd have loved to have had him on our list from draft year, not so much anymore. Who wants to watch him feign frees to team victory... Honestly.

15-22 ATM but would be 5-10 for freo, I know It wouldn't get done but prob the only decent trade between the two clubs that is win win. Walters is a gun no doubt but Freo have Ballantine and need talls, Gov can play forward, back and pinch hit in the ruck which would suit freo perfectly considering Pav, Sandi and McPharlin are coming to the end of their careers.

Our 22? Nah don't think so lol

Its funny with Gaff. I remember in his first year WC fans were saying he was already better than Hill and remember thinking, just you wait till he starts getting some attention. a year or so later and they are practically calling for him to be delisted much like some here were ragging on Hill at a similar point in his career.
FWIW, I reckon Gaff will be a pretty good player. Maybe not pick 4 great, definitely not as good as Heppell or Prestia but a solid player.

Was actually thinking Croz and late pick for darling. Would be a win for all. We get a tall, WC get a pacy winger, Croz gets more opportunity and Darling goes to a good team.

There is no way that gets us Darling. Despite his penchant for snapping the neck and being a general dick, he is a young, 2 goal a game KPP who is quick and applies pressure. Crozier and a late pick might get us McGovern (not that i'd be willing to do it), but Darling is going to cost a hell of a lot more even if they would trade him.

I actually really like opposition supporters here, it's all you Freo fans that keep pissing me off

Last edited:
My combined Freo/WC team:

B: Spurr, McKenzie, MJ
HB: Sutty, McPharlin, Duff
C: Hill, Barlow, Pearce
HF: Walters, Pav, Fyfe
FF: Ballas, Kennedy, Mayne
Foll: Sandi, Mundy, Crowley

Bench: Neale, Mz, Ibbo, Clarke

Out: Pearce, McKenzie, Kennedy

I'd happily take McKenzie, Kennedy, Schuey, LeCras, Darling, Hurn, S.Selwood and probably Naitanui off their hands if their club was dissolved.
NO! I'd rather have no ruck than waste a spot on someone that'll have one good game a year.

Its funny with Gaff. I remember in his first year WC fans were saying he was already better than Hill and remember thinking, just you wait till he starts getting some attention. a year or so later and they are practically calling for him to be delisted much like some here were ragging on Hill at a similar point in his career.
FWIW, I reckon Gaff will be a pretty good player. Maybe not pick 4 great, definitely not as good as Heppell or Prestia but a solid player.

They said on the Footy Fix last night that there was little to no interest shown in him from other clubs.

This is not my opinion and merely a fact that was also mentioned on 882 by Brad Hardie.

The Eagles fans will go feral at that fact, but after one good game in which he was allowed to do as he pleased without any attention, this is what happens.

Stay classy Rego_O
Consider this my home. I will walk around in tracky dacks and a t-shirt, drink, smoke, swear and generally do as I please. As a visitor, you're the one who has to stay classy.

Well done. You passed the test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back