Time to stick a fork in the Bombers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really believe we appointed him so we could "stick it" to others?

He was appointed because we had a premiership coach at the club already who knew the side inside out. There are no conspiracies or anything else other than the plain fact that he was the logical choice for 1 year.
By itself, I wouldn't have. But given the shenanigans surrounding Hird and his salary, it's hard not to consider the possibility that some emotional points were being considered alongside the practical ones.

They appointed a guy who was recovering from burn-out and he looks like he's heading back there at a rate of knots.

That was not wise.

Yeah, but having a two time premiership coach already on the books and saying "Can you fill in for two thirds of the season", I mean, its isn't like they went and got Sheeds back.

There's also the small matter that the field of candidates wanting or able to take the job fairly low.

Yeah, but having a two time premiership coach already on the books and saying "Can you fill in for two thirds of the season", I mean, its isn't like they went and got Sheeds back.

There's also the small matter that the field of candidates wanting or able to take the job fairly low.
Yeah, I probably went a little hard on the point :confused:

I think they stuffed up hiring him in the very first place - clearly he saw it as an easy last payday.

But once he was in the door, you can see why they'd tap him to "fill in".

Gunna be interesting to see who takes the job once the "band thing happens".

Do you really believe we appointed him so we could "stick it" to others?

He was appointed because we had a premiership coach at the club already who knew the side inside out. There are no conspiracies or anything else other than the plain fact that he was the logical choice for 1 year.

He was appointed because it would be unfair to give the job to anybody else stupid enough to take it. He got the job because he was there, he was qualified, and he was eventually talked into being up for it, and mostly because there was nobody else.

He was appointed because it would be unfair to give the job to anybody else stupid enough to take it. He got the job because he was there, he was qualified, and he was eventually talked into being up for it, and mostly because there was nobody else.

Yeah the criticism shouldn't be for Essendon hiring Bomber its guaranteeing Hird his job back next year which made the position untenable for most prospective coachers.

Nice little deflection trolls, its well established that Hansen plays on a opponent most weeks and is a solid defender. Can you please get back to the real topic on whether you're going to make finals or not. As l said earlier they need to sort out their forward structures and actually have a key forward running to the right areas to get those crumbing goals otherwise they won't kick winning scores if they're relying predominately on their midfield to kick a winning scores against top eight teams.

Not wanting to get involved in the s**t fight but if you're gonna argue Hansen plays man on man and not third man up probably shouldn't put up videos showing him running back third man in the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not wanting to get involved in the s**t fight but if you're gonna argue Hansen plays man on man and not third man up probably shouldn't put up videos showing him running back third man in the contest.
Do you even know the difference between playing loose man and the zoning off your opponent, i.e. Hodge in the first video. My comments were largely in reference to this year as well as at times he did play loose man, but not in those videos, hawthorn would have cut us up playing a loose man against them.

I'll assume it was a North fan on the ignore list that started the thread.

Worst form they've been in for quite a while, clearly and finally suffering dramatic effects from the ASADA scandal.

And yet still kicked the s**t out of North with ease.

Geez there is a lot of tripe written in this thread, Lachie Hansen an elite defender? pleeeaaaase, Essendon shouldn't have appointed Thompson as coach? who else should they have gone with? I would be reserving judgement on whether it was a good move or not until the end of the year or even this time next year. A lot of people are willing to write the bombers off but there draw really opens up for the next month and with pretty much a full list to chose from now I expect them to make a bit of a run for the 8, they are clearly not a top 4 side but apart from the loss to the saints there other 4 losses have come against top 6 sides, they have managed to beat teams despite playing poorly which is a sign of a good team and when things turn the only way will be up.

Geez there is a lot of tripe written in this thread, Lachie Hansen an elite defender? pleeeaaaase, Essendon shouldn't have appointed Thompson as coach? who else should they have gone with? I would be reserving judgement on whether it was a good move or not until the end of the year or even this time next year. A lot of people are willing to write the bombers off but there draw really opens up for the next month and with pretty much a full list to chose from now I expect them to make a bit of a run for the 8, they are clearly not a top 4 side but apart from the loss to the saints there other 4 losses have come against top 6 sides, they have managed to beat teams despite playing poorly which is a sign of a good team and when things turn the only way will be up.

Always thought that has become a massively overdone cliche.

You managed to beat the Dogs and Lions while playing poorly. Yep, a real feather in the teams cap. Never mind the beltings by Sydney or Fremantle, or the loss to St Kilda.

Ah the good old big footy logic of taking what I said way out of context, you of all people should know how good Essendon are at there best, after all we pulled your pants down in round 1.

Ah the good old big footy logic of taking what I said way out of context, you of all people should know how good Essendon are at there best, after all we pulled your pants down in round 1.
It's bizarre how Essendon supporters wish to hang on to a victory which happened two months ago. We have since beaten the Dockers and Swans, both of whom belted your team. But I guess you beat 7 matches ago. Unfortunately they don't give out the premiership after round 1.

It's bizarre how Essendon supporters wish to hang on to a victory over two months old. We have since beaten the Dockers and Swans, both of whom belted your team. Unfortunately they don't give out the premiership after round 1.

Righto mate, I am not getting into an argument with a clown anyway, all I was stating is despite being in bad form the Bombers have still managed to irk out wins against the sides they should beat with the exception of the saints. They are quite capable of turning it around and you only have to look at the North Melbourne and Hawthorn games to see what they are capable of when playing there best footy.

bombers are total opposite of carlton. carlton are only capable of moving the ball by run and carry. we have no kicking skills whatsoever. but Essendon are only capable of moving the ball by kicking. no run and carry whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back