Time Traveler: What game would you want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Got the idea from a bloke on the history board.

If you could travel back in time to witness any great (or awful?) game and/or moment that involves the Richmond FC or any player(s), what would it be and why?

For me I'd go with the 1980 GF because I wasn't born yet, it was our last flag and have heard multiple stories of the day from family members.

Richmond_Football_Club_2012_logo.png

For me it'd be the game against Sydney in round 23. The emotion I felt after that game was indescribable. The match itself was nothing flashy, yet what was on the line meant so much to all Richmond supporters.

Exactly the same here, we were tossing up on going but funds just wouldn't allow it. Even just watching it at home was something, I don't think we seated for much of the game. I can't recall celebrating a win as much as that one either.

Exactly the same here, we were tossing up on going but funds just wouldn't allow it. Even just watching it at home was something, I don't think we seated for much of the game. I can't recall celebrating a win as much as that one either.
When Dusty kicked that goal I couldn't contain my emotions! One of the best wins I've seen us have.

1974 GF, over 113,000 people attended.

We beat Norf, who were coached by Barassi..........while we had Richmond's greatest ever coach T-shirt Tommy.

Richmond side:

B:
40 Mervyn Keane 8 Dick Clay 5 Gareth Andrews
HB: 30 Francis Bourke (dvc) 12 Robert McGhie 38 Kevin Morris
C: 7 Wayne Walsh 14 David Thorpe 16 Bryan Wood
HF: 33 David Cloke 4 Royce Hart (c) 6 Paul Sproule
F: 21 Neil Balme 17 Barry Richardson 1 Daryl Cumming
Foll: 37 Michael Green 10 Kevin Sheedy 29 Kevin Bartlett (vc)
Reserve(s): 15 Brian Roberts 43 Cameron Clayton
Coach: Tom Hafey

Goalkickers:

• Richardson 5
  • Hart 3
  • Green 2
  • Sheedy 2
  • Balme 2
  • Walsh 1
  • Cloke 1
  • Thorpe 1
  • Cumming 1

What a effin side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1920 Grand Final (first premiership)
1967 Grand Final (drought breaker and ripping game)
1973 Grand Final (we go all Tyrone on the Blues and get revenge)
1980 Grand Final (beating the Scum by 80+ while KB toyed with them)

Any of those 4 would be the correct answer.

I'd go back to the 1973 prelim when Royce came on for the second half with a bung knee and booted us to victory over Collingwood.
I'd choose the same game, however, even though it was good performance from Hart it was Balmes performance that nailed the pies.

I know i do.

What's the go with all the negativity 99% of the time though?
Because 99% of the time my negativity has been right lately. I'll start being positive when I see change . The last nine rounds weren't briliant it's exactly where we should of been. The final was a disgrace and the media coming out of punt road at the moment is the same bullshit we heard this time last year.

Definately happy to be proven wrong by some solid footy from round 1 to round 5 where we should set our season up , not experiment and hope everything goes to plan.

Because 99% of the time my negativity has been right lately. I'll start being positive when I see change . The last nine rounds weren't briliant it's exactly where we should of been. The final was a disgrace and the media coming out of punt road at the moment is the same bullshit we heard this time last year.

Definately happy to be proven wrong by some solid footy from round 1 to round 5 where we should set our season up , not experiment and hope everything goes to plan.
Have some faith and get beside the club not behind them with a ******* stick. :D

I know some on here can see your posts as negative... But I think most Richmond fans deep down surely agree with what your saying. Seriously don't understand the hate. Our 'best footy' was the same footy we played at times in 2012 and throughout all of 2013. No excuses to having not continued that till 2nd half this year! And agreed, same hype b.s, you can't help that though.

I know some on here can see your posts as negative... But I think most Richmond fans deep down surely agree with what your saying. Seriously don't understand the hate. Our 'best footy' was the same footy we played at times in 2012 and throughout all of 2013. No excuses to having not continued that till 2nd half this year! And agreed, same hype b.s, you can't help that though.

The problem is it's in every thread.

Hate started this thread as a where, who, what game would you travel in time to watch, not another let's all bag the team we supposedly follow thread.
Is it any wonder half of us don't even like being a part of this board sometimes. What are we Collingwood supporters or something?

The problem is it's in every thread.

Hate started this thread as a where, who, what game would you travel in time to watch, not another let's all bag the team we supposedly follow thread.
Is it any wonder half of us don't even like being a part of this board sometimes. What are we Collingwood supporters or something?
I see your point, but you also make another by saying that by making these comments regularly its as if your a collingwood supporter. By no means do a million supporters complaining about the teams performance force them to improve and win premierships, but sometimes its what's needed to give the club the jolt it needs. Then again if you look at the carlton facebook page all their supporters do is have a sook, and they're still rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back