Tina Turner - Queen Of Rock

Remove this Banner Ad

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
During their 1968 tour of the U.K, Tina fell in love with the British rock scene and it was at her insistance that thereafter, the Revue began to cover the songs of those great British bands. Here they are in '71 doing The Beatles' "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window":

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
If I have half as much energy when I'm 69, I'll be a very happy camper. The 50th Anniversary Tour was filmed in Holland (March '09):

Last edited:

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
1991: Not a great song (one of two new ones tacked onto her first Greatest Hits collection) but a really cool video and the first to feature her newly cropped wig.

Last edited:

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
Nutbush City Limits is THE most annoying song ever recorded.

Some of her/their early funk is pretty awesome though.

Not one of my favourites either, it was nearing the end of their marriage/career. Tina wrote the song in 30 minutes with one of Ike's guitars in the wee hours one morning, put a live vocal down in their studio that night and two weeks later it was out on the shelves in record stores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
Rod Stewart was one of a handful of British artists who were trying hard to get Tina noticed again during her 7 years in the wilderness. He had her support several dates on his 1981 American tour and she joined him most nights for a few songs during his set. He sneaks off for some blow here and it didn't take long to kick in.

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
The pair worked together again in 1990 after Pepsi approached them and comissioned a remake of the classic Mowtown song. They spent three days partying up in Cannes where they shot the video and Pepsi picked up the tab for everything. The pair made a pile of coin for it but both have since admitted since it was a pure sell-out moment.

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
Sexy song but for the ill-fated American release of the single, Tina asked Barry White to lend his voice to it and he obliged. Turner then had claymation artist Nick Park (of Wallace & Gromit fame) to create a video which is brilliant. White however felt that it made fun of his size and had his leagle eagles ban the video in America. Tina had no problems with the video and was pissed at him for sinking one of her finest singles of the 90's in the US.

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
Nearing the end of the road for the Revue. The following year, Tina would make her escape and never look back whilst the Karma bus did a number on Ike.

Live on The Midnight Special in '75:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back