Status
Not open for further replies.

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Started up the other day, just liking everyone. Currently have 166 matches, heard that it's easy but NFI it was this easy. First night one girl (albeit a 5.5 at best) was begging me to come over 'cause her parents were out and wanted someone to cuddle and kiss her to sleep. Been starting up conversations with people, adding them on snapchat, and the loosness of 'normal' looking girls is crazy. Never had so many boob photos before, and it's barely awkward asking because you never have to deal with them again. They never really say no either after you give them a bit of incentive. I'm off to Europe in 3 weeks, so may meet up with one or two girls (have a couple on the go at the moment) and then def use through europe.

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
hahah, i just like everyone and for ages. Set distance large so it goes around all of Melbourne (and surrounds), all ages, and get swiping right for a fair chunk. Would have gone through probs at least 1000 or more likely 2000. Not many of the 160 odd are stunners (maybe about 1/4 over 7/10 based on photos) but photos are perceptive so definitely less than this. I don't really care though, just seeing what it's all about

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
so what happens in a generations' time when we don't know how to converse with the opposite sex without sending a dick pic to them beforehand?

Send another dick pic?

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
so what happens in a generations' time when we don't know how to converse with the opposite sex without sending a dick pic to them beforehand?

Are you implying that prior to technology previous generations (generally speaking) knew how to talk to the opposite sex? Or that you do, given your aversion to tech?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Can one our smaller penis'd brethren enlighten us to how they go on Tinder?

I'd forgotten all about a chick I met on Tinder who now resides in Hollands. I reinstalled my Kik and within a few hours of reconnecting got some choice nudes. I'm hoping this might be a way to score some accommodation when I travel at the end of the year.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Can one our smaller penis'd brethren enlighten us to how they go on Tinder?

I'd forgotten all about a chick I met on Tinder who now resides in Hollands. I reinstalled my Kik and within a few hours of reconnecting got some choice nudes. I'm hoping this might be a way to score some accommodation when I travel at the end of the year.
Pics or gtfo.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Are you implying that prior to technology previous generations (generally speaking) knew how to talk to the opposite sex? Or that you do, given your aversion to tech?

I think there is something a bit humbling in being nervous striking up a conversation with someone who you think is a bit of alright in the hope of getting to know them better. Obviously, you put yourself right out on a limb and the risk for embarrassment is relatively high, so you tend to play it a bit careful*, generally speaking -

Tinder seems like an environment where you say 'yes' to everyone, strike up text messages with little regard because there is no risk of embarrassment, the art of being humble is not required and bravado is everything......

and yeah, I'll give you that where you bring up my aversion to tech, and it's probably would be reason to why I don't think much of tinder - but I think my former points are still valid.

Funnily enough, I'm probably in the biggest 'drought' of my sex life since becoming properly active at 19 - It's certainly frustrating, and maybe the 'pool' has shrunk because all of the available women are just looking on tinder? I don't know... How many people use the app?

*clubs, pubs and alcohol withstanding

slicedndiced

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2014
still sinking
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can't help but think that those who aren't too good at this Tinder thing, and the trend away from actual face to face and verbal interaction with women will only lead to the expansion of this....

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
while a bit off tangent from tinder, but in the same kind of vibe - It's kind of weird to think that my generation (born 84) will pretty much be the last generation who had to deal with getting a girl or boy's phone number, which was a house number, and then sitting at the phone and summoning up the courage to call and hoping to god that one of their parents didn't end up picking up the phone -

Now you just text and any simpleton can do that without much courage...

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2007
T90
AFL Club
Essendon
while a bit off tangent from tinder, but in the same kind of vibe - It's kind of weird to think that my generation (born 84) will pretty much be the last generation who had to deal with getting a girl or boy's phone number, which was a house number, and then sitting at the phone and summoning up the courage to call and hoping to god that one of their parents didn't end up picking up the phone -

Now you just text and any simpleton can do that without much courage...
Oh the amount of times I dialed and hung up when a parent answered or typed in half the number and hung up. Not to mention the days of having a 3 way conversation.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Oh the amount of times I dialed and hung up when a parent answered or typed in half the number and hung up. Not to mention the days of having a 3 way conversation.
We didn't have a portable home phone at our place, just the generic telecom one for those that remember them.

The phone was placed on the wall near our kitchen / living area. So to have any type of decent conversation with a girl without your parents or siblings hearing everything was near on impossible.

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Ahh yes the days of listening to the GF toggle herself off on the other end and the old girl picking up the phone

Majority of people who are single would have used the app at one time or another.

I was tempted to until i saw you had to be on Facebook to use it, there is no chance in hell of me making a facebook account in order to use tinder.... no chance at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back