Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But it's not like we were using Tinder exclusively to pick up, well I certainly wasn't anyway. It was a very useful thing to use during mundane working weeks and in between getting drunk and hitting the town on weekends - or any other 'traditional' way of picking up girls.

I've just been really cynical of the entire thing from the start - I just find it weird. It's like the ultimate commodification of human/sexual relationships

.. but I'll have to cede the point that I don't have a mobile internet device (or 'smartphone'), nor a facebook, so there has been no chance for me to have even been tempted to create a profile...

I've just been really cynical of the entire thing from the start - I just find it weird. It's like the ultimate commodification of human/sexual relationships

.. but I'll have to cede the point that I don't have a mobile internet device (or 'smartphone'), nor a facebook, so there has been no chance for me to have even been tempted to create a profile...

At the end of the day, it's just a means of meeting people. Everyone's intentions may differ, and while some end up commodifying the opposite sex, others may use it for other reasons. In a way, it is rather similar to asking someone if you can buy them a drink at a bar. It creates human interaction and it can go anywhere from there.

But, I definitely understand and sympathise your viewpoint

I've started trying to drop as many Dwayne Russellisms into my tindering as possible lately

11016547_381534822019457_27383025_n.jpg
Don't forget your "chaos balls" and "from the paint. "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will unless they change it. Have also heard of females don't have to pay a cent

Nah chicks on my tinder have been complaining.

That would actually be a good thing. Still wouldn't make me pay though, I reckon.

Why would that be good? Most of the tinder bots are "females".

$3.80 a month for me; what the ****?

They're obviously trying to gauge what price point fits by trying a ton of different ones.

$1.50 a week would be the sweet spot, I reckon.

$1.50 a week!? That's worse than $3.80 a month!

Also my 24 hour period just ended after 48 hours and I got three swipes before it reset again and now I have to wait 24 hours again. I can see myself giving up in a weeks time and just deleting it now. I got some fun out of it but now they want to ruin a good thing.

They are gonna hit a downward spiral.

I'm sure they've thought of this. They'll probably put something in their code so they only show profiles which have been active in the last 3 or 4 days.

Thought this was already the case? Most of the profiles I see are people that have been active in the last 11 hours.

They want 24.99 a month out of me. Lol theyve completely ruined it. I refused to update originally as the restrictions are ridiculous but I started to suspect that it was holding back matches; updated and sure enough for a few matches immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back