Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats the general consensus of him in Sydney now?

Not sure of the stats but for arguments sake he is averaging about 2 goals, 3 marks and 10 possessions a game. With a bit of ruckwork thrown in. On a salary of over 750,000. He could at least ragdoll some blokes but he doesn't have the heart IMO.

So i guess the consensus is that he is obscenely overpaid and/or doesn't produce nearly enough. To think we literally could have kept Mumford & Everitt. If only we knew he was going to be this poor...

Not sure of the stats but for arguments sake he is averaging about 2 goals, 3 marks and 10 possessions a game. With a bit of ruckwork thrown in. On a salary of over 750,000. He could at least ragdoll some blokes but he doesn't have the heart IMO.

So i guess the consensus is that he is obscenely overpaid and/or doesn't produce nearly enough. To think we literally could have kept Mumford & Everitt. If only we knew he was going to be this poor...
At the time I was devastated that we were losing him, because taking the number 1 and 2 defenders off walker, and providing ground ball for the small forwards was awesome and i thought wed really miss him. Something about him has broken on the way up to bondi.

At the time I was devastated that we were losing him, because taking the number 1 and 2 defenders off walker, and providing ground ball for the small forwards was awesome and i thought wed really miss him. Something about him has broken on the way up to bondi.

Yeah. Although to be fair his first year was solid to above average. I had high hopes after his prelim effort v Hawthorn but he has never hit those heights.

I should add that most Swans fans reckon he should be plonked in the goalsquare but Horse has other ideas so far.

Any chance you guys will trade him at years end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance you guys will trade him at years end?

Trade him for what?

AFL will only allow us to trade for a player on less than 350,000.

And we would be lucky to get a first rounder based on current form.

Just have to face facts and eat sh1t pie - we gambled and lost.

Ah yeah forgot about that condition. But surely you can trade out?

Yeah but as i said before you will not get a first rounder so you're better off keeping him. He's a dud - but he's our dud.

Anyhow, I've devoted way too much time to Tippett. If he won't put in the hard yards on the field then i'm not going to on BigFooty.

Over and Out!

Trade him for what?

My view is and always has been that this bloke was/is seriously over-rated. His work rate has always been shite. Drops more marks than most blokes his size and can't kick for nuts. Reasonable 2nd ruck and that's about it. 350 would be paying over the odds. I was happy when you took that salary-cap munching never was off our hands.

Trade him for what?

You'd probably only get a player worth less than $350k for him now. You are correct, keep him for one more year and let him take a hugely reduced contract or move.

But think of his potential. Should get it together by the time he's 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back