Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not money then why Collingwood as opposed to us. Success?? Well he'd be moving from 1 losing prelim final team to another so he'd be hard pressed justifying becoming one of the biggest dogs in football for more success moving from us to you. So what then could it be? If it's purely about leaving Adelaidecause he doesn't want to live here and moving to Melbourne then we (and Port) have some serious long term issues in terms of retaing players and perhaps the AFL needs to scrap Sydney's extra cap room (since apparently the reigning premiers can afford to offer Tippett 1 million a season) and give Port and the Crows a player attraction and retention allowance.
This.

Just in - Kurt Tippett's house in Adelaide has caught on fire and no emergency services are attending to the call.
house-on-fire.jpg

Taylor Walker, with singed mullet, was seen leaving the scene. Authorities have said he is refusing to answer questions on the matter

There is an underlying reason why we have lost Davis, Gunston and Tippett and it is now time to do something about it. (It has nothing to do with the current or previous coach).

We can now draw a line in the sand, appoint Patty and Rory as our on field leaders and start to build a new culture.

You can't throw this out there without elaboration.

Leadership not inclusive enough?

Leadership too straight and robotic/process driven?

I don't want VB as our Captain next year, but I wouldn't have thought there was anything divisive about our leadership group...

Long term for the club its best he left now.

:thumbsu:
Was never worth the cash being thrown around.. Beats up the undersized and worse defenders/teams.. Main issue he covered was structural, output not much different to a Kosi type..

In the minor round Tippett kicked 25 goals from 11 games against non-finalist teams and 9 goals in 7 games against finalists.. 3 of those 9 goals were on Schoenmakers, same guy he beat up in the Prelim.. That leaves 6 goals from 6 games against the other finalists..

we could giles a KPD and outside midf and fit them all within Tippets salary.
A forward line of Walker/Jenkins/Giles resting/Johnston seems much better in terms of spreading the load.
Tippet leaving could be a blessing...

If it was up to me and tippet asked more than 500k a yr i would of told him to find a new club.
Seriously cant believe the club offered him 800k, isnt that more than Franklin is earning :eek:

I'm really not sure what to make about the whole Tippett saga, other than to say that he has shafted Adelaide and handled it very poorly.

He's been very well treated at Adelaide. He's always been paid far above his worth, and his health and welfare has been put ahead of team this year when he had his bout of concussions.

He came as a basketballer wanting to play footy. and the club has given him the opportunity and assistance to achieve that goal.

He's been offered a contract by the club far in excess of his real worth IMO, and he's treated that and the club with disdain.

He has pretended for weeks to be deliberating his future, while deliberately dropping a re-assuring comment here and there to keep the anxiety of supporters and pressure by the club at bay.

Whether AFGM is right or not about the contract signed with the Gold Coast last year, he's right about one thing - he never intended to be with us next year.

He's done a Cunston on us. :thumbsdown:

What we don't know yet is what he intends to do in the future.

Is he genuinely home-sick and going home to Qld to either Gold Coast or Brisbane?

Is he going to be a football prostitute and hawk his services around to the highest user pays?

He will get his wish, by deserting the AFL club that has nurtured him as well as deserting his teammates that have supported him, and play wherever he wants to next year for a big fat pay packet.

I can only hope that there is a some shred of decency left in him to ensure that he at least goes to a club that won't completely screw the Crows and that we will get more than a half eaten pasty for his loss.

i don't have a particularly high opinion of Tippett at the moment. It's probably only a question of how low it can get. :(

Thank you for your service to the club Kurt.

I have mixed feelings on this one and I am glad this charade has finally come to an end. At the moment I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that this was a hard decision.

If he leave to go HOME, I will be fine with the decision as he has given 100+ games of valuable service to the AFC. I would be staggered if he ends up anywhere else considering the year the Crows have had and the perception we will improve even further next year. Where he ends up will pretty much determine if it really was the go home factor or if it was only ever about the money.

I just hope he does the right thing by the AFC like they have done for him during his time at the club but considering how he has handled this whole affair, I won’t be holding out much hope.

The one thing that surprises me is how little love there is for Jenkins. Yes, development wise he's a couple of years behind Kurt but I keep reading posts like 'he'll be an average to good footballer' and 'he simply doesn't have the tools to be as good as Kurt Tippett.' Yes Tippett is an elite contested mark and that can't be replicated but Jenkins is quicker, has a stronger level of endurance and provides a completely unique dynamic that Tippett didn't (not to mention the fact he's a beautiful kick, something Tippett never will be). Average footballers don't kick goals like the one Jenkins kicked against Carlton. As for replacing Tippetts ability to ruck, we just need to be smarter. Use a second man up at contests around the ground whenever Jenkins rucks and in centre bounces work on losing the taps (similar to when you're up against Sandilands).

Short term this is a loss and will impact on our tilt at a flag. Long term we could come out on top. Every game for Jerka next year, maximum value from the trade and target free agents that will improve our club.

We simply have to make the most of this situation.

I rate Jenkins, and I wouldn't be chasing a player to replace Kurt; Jenkins or SMcK are both capable of doing the job.

But I don't think either of them are as good as Kurt was.

He's a monster physically, great endurance and agility - and an elite contested mark.

Our game plan is built around having those talls options to kick long and forward to.

We'll be weakened by this, but I think between those two, we can minimise the hurt.

If he goes anywhere but Qld I will have lost all respect for him, this would signify all the talk of him wanting to go home for lifestyle and family reasons was a total load of bullshit and he's nothing but a money hungry Knut!!

As for preferring Sydney or Melbourne over Adelaide is just bullshit, fair enough the Qld climate is great but once you get out of the major cities the population is full of rednecks.

If he ends up at the Pies I can see Sando and Buckley's close friendship coming under strain for sure, Jett Buckley may need to find another godfather!!

Long term for the club its best he left now.

Don't think I have posted regarding Tippett's future throughout the 250 or so pages of that thread, but will say now that I to agree with Faith's comment here.

I am also with those who are keen to see how Jenkins steps up with his various abilities.

We do need a standby number one ruck in case Jacobs goes down, but we do not need to waste big draft picks on such a contingency.

Big Mac (Smack's) time to really impress is here.

We need to make the most of whatever compensation we get. Best player avaiable IMO. We can build that elite team.

If he goes anywhere but Qld I will have lost all respect for him, this would signify all the talk of him wanting to go home for lifestyle and family reasons was a total load of bullshit and he's nothing but a money hungry Knut!!

As for preferring Sydney or Melbourne over Adelaide is just bullshit, fair enough the Qld climate is great but once you get out of the major cities the population is full of rednecks.

If he ends up at the Pies I can see Sando and Buckley's close friendship coming under strain for sure, Jett Buckley may need to find another godfather!!

Because Sando is that unprofessional...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. Personally glad to see the back of the selfish twat.

Now the AFC must take control and send him where we get the best return. There is plenty of interest, so getting adequate compo shouldn't be an issue, provided Tippet isnt just out to screw us. If he says Collingwood and they offer nothing, we say GC, Brisbane or GWS via the PSD. We cant allow this spoilt brat to tell us what is going to happen.

I'm convinced Johnson has what it takes to be the other key forward with Walker. Both beautiful kicks as well.

Of course, that will change the structure as Johnson and Walker would be stay at home forwards so Jenkins/McKernan would need to play the 2nd Ruck and other roles pinch hitting forward or back.

Hopefully trade with Gold Coast for their top pick and we land Toumpas.

Have a look at Jenkins stats for this year compared with Kurt's both this year and last year and he is 2 years younger. Very minimal difference which is quite surprising. I have faith that when Smack puts it all together he will be a very good player and throw in Johnstone kicking 50+ goals in the sanfl.

And Tex will emerge as the best forward in the comp next year - not as athletic as Buddy but he is strong, imposing, he owns the forward line, and unlike Buddy has the mental fortitude to kick the clutch goals.
Wouldn't say that bit is completely accurate, Buddy has kicked quite a few clutch ones (remember back to 2008 final against them:(), it's just the easy ones he somehow shanks. I think Smack/Johnston/Jenkins can cover for Kurt but I'd still like us to get a ruck/forward to increase competition for that role. Pre-season will be a big one with a starting 18 spot there for the taking. Lets see who really wants it.

Don't think I have posted regarding Tippett's future throughout the 250 or so pages of that thread, but will say now that I to agree with Faith's comment here.

I am also with those who are keen to see how Jenkins steps up with his various abilities.

We do need a standby number one ruck in case Jacobs goes down, but we do not need to waste big draft picks on such a contingency.

Big Mac (Smack's) time to really impress is here.

We need to make the most of whatever compensation we get. Best player avaiable IMO. We can build that elite team.

Im just not sure about McKernan anymore.
But Walker/Jenkins/Giles/Johnston/Hendo should be good enough.

Hopefully we'll be able to force the Suns hand into offering Pick 2. Then on-trade it to Melbourne (with maybe a player like Otten) to get Pick 3 + 13. Take hopefully Grundy at 3 (Or Toumpas as 1 will be at that pick), Macrae at 13 and Tanner Smith at 19. Thoughts?

Force us how exactly?

M
We've got SMcK and Jenkins; both are a better option than Lynch.

Agree that JJ is viable but not so sure about Smack????? Will also take 2-3 years for both of them to get to their prime/peak.

Also, if we got Lynch for 2 years (he is nearly 30) he would be a ready made replacement immediately while the two other options got some more experience.

33 goals this year for Weagles and he would be a big strong marking option to complement Tex. Would not cost much to get him on a short term contract IMO.

Worth a crack at him.

Force us how exactly?

A bidding war. At this stage Tippett hasn't named a preferred destination. Carlton, Collingwood, Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast have all shown interest in getting Tippett. With no desired destination other than not being in Adelaide, he should be happy to land at any of the listed clubs as all have offered him a fair bit of money. Therefore, he will hopefully land at the club that offers us the best deal. ;)

Something we learned about losing kpp before, bock left - Davis rose to the fore, Davis left, talia blossomed and won the rising star award. Gunston left, stiffy moved forward, wright stood up, porps got better as the year went on. There will be a tomorrow, and there will be a replacement for Tippett. We need players that want to play for us. The "buy-in" mantra from sydney should be the one we adopt and demand of all of our players now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back