Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. Spackler, Kurt signed the deal three months after Craig left.

Just keep repeating, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault, it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,it's all Neil Craig's fault,
And Craig's players started playing well 8 months after he left.

Craig doesn't credit for that, then?

I'm certain he is going to Gold Coast. I think Noble may have got in his ear and said "Please dont designate Gold Coast because that will reduce our negotiating power and we will get shafted, up the anus"

Look I hope you get a fair deal for Tippett, but I would burn down the club if they gave up the No2 pick, he is a handy footballer but no star (read back through the comments on this thread) I can't see us selling the farm to get him, plus if he wants $800,000 he can look somewhere else.

AFGM has been correct to date and my contact has always stated Gorringe and Flanigan in exchange for Tippett. Personally if he is all about the money I don't want him at my club.

Not going to get into a debate with you; but the fact that you've got half a dozen Clubs offering him contracts touching on a million dollars a year, with 3-5 year terms, suggests he's definitely worth #2.

For you guys, more than anybody, he'd have huge value.

Agreed. I think by creating a 'bidding war' we are trying to up his trade value. I doubt Kurt hates the club and wants to shaft us. He just wants to play at GC where he can surf and pick up chicks on the beach. I don't think GC will fall for it though unfortunately!

Look I hope you get a fair deal for Tippett, but I would burn down the club if they gave up the No2 pick, he is a handy footballer but no star (read back through the comments on this thread) I can't see us selling the farm to get him, plus if he wants $800,000 he can look somewhere else.

AFGM has been correct to date and my contact has always stated Gorringe and Flanigan in exchange for Tippett. Personally if he is all about the money I don't want him at my club.

You're right, he's no star but he's apparently had 6 clubs willing to offer him 800k-1million per year (making him one of the highest paid players in the comp) which pushes his trade price up. Put it this way, If he got a million a year to go to you as an uncontracted player a couple of years ago we quite possibly would have got Ablett/Scully compo. Unlikely we'll get pick 2 but given what has transpired over the last 24 hours we will push hard for it.

Your mail of Gorringe and Flanigan for him I am assuming came before the Pies, Blues and Swans decided to throw 1 million a year at him. If he comes to you he is going to be spending the next week trying to fleece you guys out of an extra 100-200k a year - it's the only reason he would still be coming home but not announcing it all the while fueling the rumours re 1 million a year from the other clubs. He may want to come home but it's still all about Kurt and how much cash he can get out of you, thus making it harder to retain all your young talent over the next few years. Tippo is not about team success or loyalty or he'd stay here and I'm guessing he wouldn't care how many young stars you would potantially have to lose to give him a bit more money. Great bloke to have around a footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if he wasn't such a **** and let us know earlier. Could have made a play at Goddard, man he would have fit well into our team

I am angry!! To play the bullshit homesick tag all year and then want to go to COLLINGWOOD or SYDNNEY!!

He can f@ck off. Hope the karma bus knocks him out on the way out.

Money hungry b@stard!

If he wants to go to Sydney then I want the club to chase this man. He has the speed we want and need. Make it happen
Gary+Rohan+NAB+Cup+Quarter+Final+2+Collingwood+_2i5pFy6oV-l.jpg

Gary Rohan

SEN saying he sent a group text message to the players; while everyone was under the impression he'd front up.

Pathetic, if true.
There is no possible way to leave well.

The only ones who do (Maric, Knights) are the ones where no one cares if they go.

Forgive me but I don't understand all the hate for Kurt.

For whatever reason, the bloke just wants a change. He's done his time at AFC and for the most part, he's done it well.

I think we all knew long ago that Kurt was gone, but would it really have been better if he came out and said so before now? I genuinely don't think so. We didn't really want honesty, we just wanted him to sign. I don't know what other people were expecting him to do in that situation.

If it's all about money for him then that's now the next clubs problem. We shouldn't want anyone like that at our club. But I can't blame a bloke for something that corrupts so easily. That's money folks.

His first two finals matches this year were awful, it looked like he didn't want to be here. I could maybe understand the hate about that, but he more than redeemed himself in that prelim.

It's a big loss, but even if he stayed, we'd be wasting money on a bloke who doesn't truly want to be here. It's the right time to say goodbye, hand outstretched and a thank you for your services to AFC.

Thanks Kurt. Good luck in Vic, NSW, WA, QLD, wherever!
Speak for yourself brother, if he goes anywhere but to a Qld club he is a low, dirty dog and I will have zero respect for him!!

Fair enough if he goes to a Qld Club for lifestle or family reasons, I'll just look forward to Daniel Talia giving him a footballing lesson next year but!!

You're right, he's no star but he's apparently had 6 clubs willing to offer him 800k-1million per year (making him one of the highest paid players in the comp) which pushes his trade price up. Put it this way, If he got a million a year to go to you as an uncontracted player a couple of years ago we quite possibly would have got Ablett/Scully compo. Unlikely we'll get pick 2 but given what has transpired over the last 24 hours we will push hard for it.

Your mail of Gorringe and Flanigan for him I am assuming came before the Pies, Blues and Swans decided to throw 1 million a year at him. If he comes to you he is going to be spending the next week trying to fleece you guys out of an extra 100-200k a year - it's the only reason he would still be coming home but not announcing it all the while fueling the rumours re 1 million a year from the other clubs. He may want to come home but it's still all about Kurt and how much cash he can get out of you, thus making it harder to retain all your young talent over the next few years. Tippo is not about team success or loyalty or he'd stay here and I'm guessing he wouldn't care how many young stars you would potantially have to lose to give him a bit more money. Great bloke to have around a footy club.

Correct it was before the other team became involved.

Sounds like he is pricing himself out of our market, then again in 5 years he could retire to the GC if the other offers are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back