Tipping Ladder 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Will tactics start coming into it, will Buckets007 hold out until everyone else has tipped, who knows?

P.S. It is fair game for anyone wanting to tip similar to others. If you don't want your tips mimicked, hold out til Friday, but then you also run the risk of missing the deadline.

Buckets007 will probably hold out until the deadline as looking back he puts his tips in at the death regularly.

Some food for thought next seson. Perhaps the leader going into round 22 must submits their tips by the friday midday or something. Give others a chance to tip like never before and go for broke to try and pinch it.

In saying that buckets007 deserves to win this year after getting out of the blocks quick anyways.

I've done my tips for the last 2 rounds, but may edit them before the deadline :thumbsu:

I have honestly thought about those tactics a few weeks ago but i haven't intentionally mimicked anyone yet. When i missed putting my tips in for one round (not by much I think) i did start and look at others but i agreed with a lot of them but i did tip the underdog a few times as a risk of either getting back in the race or crashing out as i was alreeady down.

Some food for thought next seson. Perhaps the leader going into round 22 must submits their tips by the friday midday or something. Give others a chance to tip like never before and go for broke to try and pinch it.:thumbsu:

I am going to open a survey thread in the off-season for ideas next year to try attract more people and improve it.

At the start of the season i wasn't sure about the wildcard although it did add another element to the competition. Now I love it because without it i wouldn't be in the position that i am in today. I missed one round and ultimately missed out on 5 tips but thanks to the wildcard i gained 8 bonus tips so i am super grateful to that wildcard as without it, i'd be dead in the competition.

i'll see if i can't recruit people for next year though as our numbers have dropped (though that's expected a little I think)

Code:
* indicates wildcard still in hand

Buckets007         121 (7)
pluga_4            117 (5)
Bomber32           117 (7)
bigswan            117 (7)
that_dood          113 (7)
Squall             112 (6) 
madman             111 (5)
Party pooper       95  
tarky              75  
jonesy86           18  
Virgil             16* 
Juddy88            10  
SportsPreviews     7*
Glory and Fame     7*
Johnson#26         6*
EBUS               6*
Weatherguru        5*
Gazza_11           5*
Aresca             3*
Well I am prepared to call this election. We have gone from a marginal race to a clear winner in Buckets007. Unless a miracle from pluga_4 occurs or Buckets007 has a brain explosion, we should have a new champion next week.

Four out of the remaining seven tippers got seven this week.

Cheers mate but I have ruined the tipping comp haha, 3 people equal 2nd! If they were equal 1st it would have made for a great round 22!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally i guess this might be done after the final results come out but anyway, i just want to thank that_dood on a great job this year, it's great work seeing as it's done manually.

Also thanks to everyone who stuck around during the year, lets see if we can't recruit a mate or two each for next year and we can make this comp even better!

Code:
* indicates wildcard still in hand

Buckets007         126 (5)
Bomber32           122 (5)
pluga_4            121 (4)
bigswan            120 (3)
Squall             118 (6)
that_dood          117 (4)
madman             115 (4)
Party pooper       95  
tarky              75  
jonesy86           18  
Virgil             16* 
Juddy88            10  
SportsPreviews     7*
Glory and Fame     7*
Johnson#26         6*
EBUS               6*
Weatherguru        5*
Gazza_11           5*
Aresca             3*
And that's all she wrote!

Well done to Buckets007 on winning in his debut season. In the end it is a four tip win which is probably closer than it should have been. Missing a week and still winning is a sign a of a very good tipster.

Also well done to our runner up Bomber32 who snatched second spot. pluga_4 came third and gets himself up onto the podium.

Thank you to all of those who stuck with it. I prefer these sort of competitions to the automated websites as you get a bit of banter and can enjoy them a bit more.

Hopefully everyone returns next season and we get a few more numbers. The competition will be revamped next year so look out for some new twists!

P.S. A survey thread will appear some time in the off-season for suggestions on how to improve the comp and your input would be appreciated.

Cheers all!:thumbsu:

well done on sticking at it and running it all season that_dood.

well done to buckets007 who deserved to win it.

well done to all the tipsters that completed the season.

looking forward to the new twists in 2011 :thumbsu:

Yeah, my congrats go to Buckets007 for winning the comp, clearly the best tipper of this year. Much kudos also go out to that_dood for running the show. A job very well done, indeed.

Looking forward to next year already.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back