Multiplat Titanfall

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
So how many consoles did this game sell and did it beat the PS4 in sales because of it?

You would imagine sales for the month of March would be released soon.

The fact that Microsoft hasn't released anything saying that they were the number 1 console for the month of March probably means it wasn't them.

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
calling in a titan with a burn card at the start of the match and watching everyone s**t themselves is hillarious!:D
There's always that moment where you hear the footsteps right before you get stepped on 20 seconds into the game and you think 'Great, some dickhead has used a burn card again'.

Even better is when 3 or 4 people on the opposing team all use a burn card to drop titans at the start of the game or shortly thereafter. Hilarious.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
calling in a titan with a burn card at the start of the match and watching everyone s**t themselves is hillarious!:D
Sure is. I use a stryder, dash towards where the other team is coming from and love watchhing them scurry into adjacent buildings.

It makes me feel big.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/04/12/titanfall-expedition-dlc-coming-in-may

exp1-610x915.jpg

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
higlights- decals for titans, 2v2 last Titan standing mode, 3 maps
Jungle, water and simulator one, new burn cards and spectate mode of private games. Also# feature. Ie play with others with the same. # possibly #bigfootyvideogames?

Interesting story about Titanfall (from the last days of Titanfall):

Quotes from Gaf:

"At the same time the team quietly reached out to Sony to see if it could share any information on the next PlayStation, another potential target platform. Respawn quickly found out that Sony wasn't ready to talk about its plans for PS4. Instead, Sony offered to help with developing a version of R1 for the hand-held PlayStation Vita platform.
Concerned about Sony's lack of disclosure, programmer Jon Shiring took one of his contacts to dinner and explained that the window of opportunity was about to close. "I can't emphasize this enough; decisions are being made about our game and we really need to know about the next PlayStation," he said to his friend from Sony over dinner.
It didn't work-Sony simply wasn't ready to talk PS4."

"The way Respawn saw it, the developer had never agreed to full exclusivity for Titanfall on Xbox platforms, only an exclusive window of up to 13 months. Zampella maintains that the team only found out that EA had turned an exclusive window deal into permanent exclusivity in the summer of 2013, weeks after the game's spectacular showing at E3. The deal was a complicated one as Respawn wasn't dealing directly with Xbox. Instead, terms were negotiated through EA, which signed a larger, overarching partnership deal with Microsoft for the Xbox One. In order to make the economics work and keep Titanfall alive, EA needed a first-party publisher to invest. Xbox was willing to step up and save the project, which turned out to be a wise bet. Xbox now has one of the biggest games of the year as an exclusive to it's platforms, although it lays no claim to any sequels."

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
A few things:

The competitive beast inside me. I need a good online shooter and this just felt "right" to me.

I played COD 4 so much (700 hours online, plus ranked clan matches) and this is made by effectively the same team

Its pretty well balanced from my short play time

The Titans make it fresh without being overpowered

and i love me a good twitch shooter....

You called this early, and you got it right.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Games decent but was over hyped imo. I can play it in short bursts before it all gets a bit boring, I think thats due to the amount of AI and lack of weapons/customisation. Topping leaderboards with only 7 or 8 pilot kills wont see me putting CoD type hours into it and Ive clocked over 1500 hours on the last 3 CoDs alone.

Is a good startup game for a new company though and will become a successful series with a few tweaks, plenty to work with.

Back