to Boo or not to Boo, that is the question?

Will you boo/jeer/hiss/bronx cheer Lance Franklin on Saturday Night?

• Yes

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 73 51.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL really need this rammed up their cake hole and the only thing they listen to is bad media, ie. Brian Lake. Needs to be done.
This.. The look of the game is far more important to the AFL than the game itself at the moment.

Th truth is I want to ******* throttle the prick. I want to shout the meanest things I can think of & if I could I would throw pies, bottles whatever I can get my hands on really.

I'm not going to do this of course. I will let the team do the talking for me & make sure he 'earns' every touch or goal on saturday.

edit: i'm up for a qtr time stacks on

Th truth is I want to ******* throttle the prick. I want to shout the meanest things I can think of & if I could I would throw pies, bottles whatever I can get my hands on really.

I'm not going to do this of course. I will let the team do the talking for me & make sure he 'earns' every touch or goal on saturday.

edit: i'm up for a qtr time stacks on

No need to throttle him. He's a big bloke. Just give him your car keys and say, "take it for a spin, Buddy". He'll do the rest.

Well its the Big Budwana's first game back at the G against the Mighty Fightings and honestly i am a little intrigued as to what the reaction will be when he goes near the prune.

I am confused as to how i feel, so am hoping the BigFooty public can tell me what i should do on Satday night, as there's no kind of pressure like peer pressure!

Do what you feel like doing, there is no should or should not about it. Can't believe booing has become the great moral question of the decade. It's. just. booing. You can bet your bottom dollar when he is booed (and he will be) all the commentators will tut tut and say how he doesn't deserve it :rolleyes: Opposition players get booed every week as do umpires, why should Buddy (or Jobe Watson, Adam Goodes, Gunston etc. etc.) be exempt? Everyone needs to get over all this sensitivity about booing.

I won't be booing, it's just mindless. I know lots of other people will though. All I can hope for is that we won't be like Adelaide crowds and still be booing him in 5 years time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

too damn right.................... and I was glad to see him go..........................but sheesh you don't treat your cub like that

Hope he falls flat on his big head. If you embrace Hawthorn, the club will embrace you. If you do the dirty by Hawthorn ... you've got what's coming to you.

I think all Hawks fans should do what they want. If they want to cheer him, go ahead. If you feel like I do, then you should be allowed to vent your displeasure. I do draw the line though, this should be a once off, I won't condone it in latter games.

Don't forget one thing. He screwed us, and shouldn't get away with it.

one of the club greats but if i could be at the game id be losing my voice from booing , if he was at gws i probably wouldn't care as much but seeing him in those colours is more then enough for me to hate him

* the campaigner.....I'm gonna Boo my arse off like I've never done before....This dirt bag shat all over our football club for $$$ & to top it all off, went behind our backs to the Shitme Swines not 2 weeks after blowing the Premiership to them by losing the ability to kick a ball even remotely competently!....The blokes a total Scumbag!

I'll let rip a few (boos that is) if the situation calls for it. Only wish I was loud enough for him to hear me from WA.

I say do what you'd do to any other opposition player. Don't treat Buddy as a special case.

If you're planning on booing him because he left Hawthorn, I reckon you need to dry your tears, harden up, and realise the game has changed. That is, it's a professional full-time job for players now, and it's not as if they start their careers down at their local AFL team (like in 'the old days'). Club loyalty, while admirable, is far less of a factor now than it may have been in the past.

Think on this: do you see any Hawthorn supporters bad-mouthing Gunston for departing Adelaide? If you're happy to be on the receiving end of a departing player, you can't very well feel scorned when a Hawthorn player walks out the door; especially one that has given us so much, and said not a bad word about the club on his way out the door.

If you do the dirty by Hawthorn ... you've got what's coming to you.

Don't forget one thing. He screwed us, and shouldn't get away with it.
How exactly??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back