To change the flag, I think you need a popular alternative

Remove this Banner Ad

so ugly

needs to involve a roo possibly, current flag is much better than that.

Yahoo%20Serious.jpg

Screen+shot+2011-12-18+at+9.05.37+PM.png

076.gif

Saw something on tv recently as a new flag idea i think sky news, don't think it had a roo in it i can't remember i just remember it looked good and would work. damn memory

Omg. No ******* kangaroos

Flags like that belong to unstable banana republic pacific islands that nobody can find on a map.
Those designs aren't even worthy of being a state or territory flag, not even for our far flung territories.

Ive heard that opinion before. Yes, then a simple tricolor with nothing extra is the thing. Blue Gold Green

BTW heres a few of those banana republics:

Ive heard that opinion before. Yes, then a simple tricolor with nothing extra is the thing. Blue Gold Green

BTW heres a few of those banana republics:

I'm not sure if you realise I was talking about the alternative Australian flag designs posted.

The Union Jack doesn't belong on our flag btw. That's just my opinion. Because we aren't a bunch of British colonies anymore nor a possession of the British empire. Australia is an independent and strong country and as such it should have a flag that identifies Australia and not a former British territory.

But if nothing better can be created then why change it if the alternative is an inferior flag that looks like it's a beach towel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the arguments put forward for the Golden Wattle. Have a read. http://www.goldenwattleflag.com

Good site well reasoned. except my quick research shows Australia identifies with the southern cross like no other country. The three mentioned don't so much, or not on its own
In heraldry, white and yellow are silver and gold, metals, while the rest are colours. apparently the metals cant go next to each other

Flag_of_the_Australian_Capital_Territory.svg

2000px-Flag_of_the_Northern_Territory.svg.png

I've always liked the NT/ACT flags as a design/colour basis - replace the coat of arms/flower with the federation star. Keeps it simple.

- Shouldn't be any more than three colours.
- Steer clear of the roo - any effort to stylise it just makes the whole thing look like a Qantas ad.
- Likewise, as nice as it'd be to get some Indigenous Design in there, nine out of every ten proposals look like a nineties-era public service letterhead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back