Review To the bitter end - Dees v Norf - the Good, the Bad & the Norfish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good- Daniel Cross knocking out Leigh Adams with his head

My favourite ever 15 game Melbourne player

I was THAT bored, so I looked up ALL Melbourne players who played 15 games.

George Cathie
Bill Henderson
Vic Gordon
Claude Bryan
Norm Matthews
Ron Kimberley
Charlie Newman
John Ferguson
George Milner
Russell Colcott
Peter Slade
Glenn Elliott
Stephen Bickford
Michael Young
David "I can do it" Allday
Michael Pickering
Craig Ellis
Shane Valenti
Mitch Clark

So Long 2014.
Bring On 2015.

I am so tired from this season. Goodnight
clipart-more-sleeping-dream-smiley-emoticon-256x256-10c8.png

I was THAT bored, so I looked up ALL Melbourne players who played 15 games.

George Cathie
Bill Henderson
Vic Gordon
Claude Bryan
Norm Matthews
Ron Kimberley
Charlie Newman
John Ferguson
George Milner
Russell Colcott
Peter Slade
Glenn Elliott
Stephen Bickford
Michael Young
David "I can do it" Allday
Michael Pickering
Craig Ellis
Shane Valenti
Mitch Clark

I think Vic Gordon and Charlie Newman went allright, But considering I was out of the country the whole time we had Clark im happy to Keep Crossy at No 1

Well... not being completely woeful in the last game of the year is a positive. We actually looked threatening when we were bold enough to take the game on - something which I'm sure will be the focus over the off-season. A shame it went to poo in the 3rd.

However, if Gawn has done his knee in a bad way I'll cry.

Good
Bold, attacking play. Saw some of our best, slickest passages of play for the year.
Dean Kent - Backs himself, has a bit of physicality about him and knows how to kick a goal, he confirmed there's a good base to work from there.
Fitz - thought he fought hard and presented well and 2 goals was a good result.
Tommy Mac - 2 goals!!!
Frawley - if it is his last game in red and blue, at least he did quite a good job on Petrie.

Bad
Another loss against Norf, another loss at Etihad
Dawes losing the plot for a 5 minute period

Fugly
Gawn knee injury. He had a genuinely sad look on his face leaving the field.
Turnovers. Some of them have to be seen to be believed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOOD:
Kent, my oh my, definite future player for us, I love him
Tyson, another cracking game from our young gun
Dawes, thought it was his best match in a while
Fitz, presented himself well and may just have saved himself from possibly being traded
The crowd, anyone in or near the Demon Army tonight would understand, never gave up shouting and barracking, and I loved at the end of the match where the players were going towards the rooms, we cheered real loud for them and it was great. Especially when we put off Mullett and forced a turnover which resulted in our goal, love it!

BAD:
Losing to Norf, hate those scumbags

FUGLY:
That one Essendon supporter in the Melbourne cheersquad, f off you absolute moron
Ben Brown's ugly mug

I've only seen the highlights but it was good to see Dawes get stuck in with some passion and aggression.

Dawesy made a fool of himself, complete stupidity.

Good:
- Vince, a really good game from him
- Kent, showed a bit and has worked on his set shot kicking
- Watts, at the game I was really happy with his two-way running (even when he didn't get the ball) - he tagged Wells to no impact and was involved in plenty of our good passages of play. Needs to improve his one on one game, he had Wells cold a couple of times in the goal-square but spilled the marks
- Viney and Michie, both showed good signs - Viv's ball use is really dependable
- Fitzy, didn't have a 'good' game as such - but he contested really well when the ball was near him.
- Jetta was up his mans ass every single time, his improvement has been great
- McDonald, competed well and kicked 2! Good game

Bad:
- Dunn and Frawley, both played poor games
- Howe, didn't do a lot right - made poor choices
- Tyson, didn't have the same impact as normal - got caught with the ball heaps
- Matt Jones, fumbles galore
- Dawes, played a good first half then lost his head for some reason

Fugly:
- THAT kick from Riley

Last edited:
Dawesy made a fool of himself, complete stupidity.

Good:
- Vince, a really good game from him
- Kent, showed a bit and has worked on his set shot kicking
- Watts, at the game I was really happy with his two-way running (even when he didn't get the ball) - he tagged Wells to no impact and was involved in plenty of our good passages of play. Needs to improve his one on one game, he had Wells cold a couple of times in the goal-square but spilled the marks
- Viney and Michie, both showed good signs - Viv's ball use is really dependable
- Fitzy, didn't have a 'good' game as such - but he contested really well when the ball was near him.
- Was up his mans ass every single time, his improvement has been great
- McDonald, competed well and kicked 2! Good game

Bad:
- Dunn and Frawley, both played poor games
- Howe, didn't do a lot right - made poor choices
- Tyson, didn't have the same impact as normal - got caught with the ball heaps
- Matt Jones, fumbles galore
- Dawes, played a good first half then lost his head for some reason

Fugly:
- THAT kick from Riley

Not picking on ya this morning mate haha

2 things I noticed, Kents set shot kicking was still bad unless you mean 1 point > OOTF

Jonesy was fumbly, but I noticed he worked harder than anyone else to be involved in the link play, he was responsible for so so much of our outside run its a shame he can't kick

Not picking on ya this morning mate haha

2 things I noticed, Kents set shot kicking was still bad unless you mean 1 point > OOTF

Jonesy was fumbly, but I noticed he worked harder than anyone else to be involved in the link play, he was responsible for so so much of our outside run its a shame he can't kick

Haha, yes I do mean 1 point is better than OOTF - but anyway he's got a routine going and is kicking through it, better than early this year for sure.

Jonesy always runs hard, but he needs to at least provide an average level of skill unfortunately for him.

Good-

Next time we see Melbourne, there is a good to strong chance it will have Petracca, Hogan, Trengove, Salem, Toumpas, Brayshaw/McCartin Malceski in the team
No way it is that s**t again

Old Jacky Boy has the forearm strength of a child, I dont think he realised how damaging he could be if he could get 20 touches in the middle and then go forward and clunk a couple. A 20 touch game becomes a vote getting game with 2 or 3 goals
Also noticed that he backed himself with legspeed , ****ed If I know why he waited until now but he accelerated away from tackles a couple of times
Did his game deserve this much of a write up? No

Dean Kent MY MAN, this kids a beauty.. Shows what I think of him that the 2 he centred to McDonald I was hoping he would have a ping because he was capable of kicking them

Fitzy- There is something to work with there, I know people will hate it but I wonder if he could be used in the backline against the monster talls?
Obviously we would need 5 Malceskis to recieve the ball from him and Macca but he has great leg speed for a tall

Bernard finished off the year strongly, Good chance of a top 3 BNF win which is excellent value for a pick 21

Nev Jetta gave Ziebell a bath, Pound for Pound is probable one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league now

The ball movement, men coming from behind to run forward and attacking with purpose
Kicked our highest score of the year, not sure why Roosy waited until now to release the shackles or the players needed the freedom of the end to do it

Ugly- The season as a whole, but hey come draft time ill be dreaming about our meteoric rise to the top again

Good:
- Kent, Jetta, Tyson.
- Michie and Fitz showed some good signs.

Bad:
- Riley, McKenzie, MJones are spuds. I look forward to when the time (hopefully) comes that we have enough quality in the midfield to relegate them to their rightful position of depth players at best.

Horrible news re: Gawn if it is another ACL. The absolute worst part of footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back