To those who turned it around this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Foggle

Debutant
Jul 12, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Now that the astonishing discovery has been made that the world does not actually revolve around Adam Goodes, let's celebrate those players who have turned it around this year after being written off by many as duds or otherwise.

From my club: Sharrod Wellingham, Brad Sheppard, Josh Hill and Jamie Cripps

All four of these players were being written off by fans last year due to a myriad of reasons. Wellers was lazy, Shep was not good enough and Cripps was a dud.

Fast forward to now and Sheps and Wellers are one of the best defensive combos in the league, Jamie Cripps is one of the best tackling and pressuring forwards in the league and Josh Hill has kicked a lot of goals for a small forward.

Who from your club deserves a toast for turning it around in 2015? Let's toast them.

• Banned
Let's all insert a toast image to add to the effect of the thread shall we?

Despite being a ball magnet and a great servant to the club, many dogs fans (myself included) thought it was time for Matthew Boyd and his iffy disposal from midfield to be gradually phased out.

New coach decides he's actually a half back - what a revelation. Great season and maybe even in the AA conversation.

Let's all insert a toast image to add to the effect of the thread shall we?

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.2x.gif

The obligatory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wellingham is the biggest for us - I was convinced he was not going to cut it at WCE.

THAT SAID...he's not quite what we paid for these days - we got him to add polish to the midfield but he's playing his best footy in the back half. Hopefully he stays true to form once he gets another contract because he was a big disappointment in 2013-14.

Mitch 'Raging Bull' Robinson. Not the classiest of players but gives 100%. But i think his biggest turnaround has been off field. Got a young family and is loving it up here. Probably be in our top 5 bnf this year.

and Jamie Cripps

Cripps was a dud.

To be fair to Cripps, his 2014 wasn't awful. Right now, he's only one goal behind his 2014 tally, having played three less games. His average stats, bar tackles, (3.8 to 6.2) are relatively similar.

Ryan Schoenmakers as a forward has turned things around. Still hardly the second coming of carey, but he's been solid as the second tall, freeing up Gunston, Roughead, etc.

Excellent shot at goal, his 1%s have been great and overall has been doing a really solid job overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back