Scandal Toby Greene Arrested

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Beat up. Your everyday person would have received the same. Minus the media scrutiny and weeks off/fines from their employer. They probably would just get a diversion given it's a first offence and his age.

snitzel

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS
The remaining charges are:

one count of recklessly causing serious injury to Terence Payne, one count of assault, one count of being drunk in a public place, namely Zagames, and one count of intentionally damaging a car side mirror without lawful excuse.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oby-greene-20140925-10lskv.html#ixzz3EI64PSKt
The footage shows Greene leaving through an outdoor side entrance whilst on one crutch and a drink in the hand, most likely being sneaky. Drunk in public.

Next we have the bouncer shove/push Toby (a guy on crutches), drops the crutch, hands his drink to his friend and goes at it with the security guard. Toby actually smashed him so yes serious injury, but was it assault?

After wards I'm guessing as he was walking away down the street he decided to punch a mirror. Drunk and angry.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hard to piece this one together.

If the bouncer is roughing up his mate (who just pissed inside the pub) then I feel sympathetic for Greene jumping in to help out a mate getting his butt kicked. But then the actions of the bouncer are very questionable. Or you wonder if the mate fought the bouncer to start it all.

Then there are accusations of repeated punches to the head and kicks to the head. That sounds like defence turning to offence.

I'm a bit uneasy about how often these things end without convictions given the culture of one punch attacks and deaths. Seems to me the magistrate has had a bet each way and decided it was boys being boys and then handed out a fine. I'm not sure that's a significant enough deterrent to the community. If they committed a crime then convict them!

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
"GWS star Toby Greene named in million-dollar lawsuit from 2014 incident

Greater Western Sydney star Toby Greene is being sued in Victoria over a 2014 assault in which the star forward pleaded guilty.

Toby Greene’s past might be back to haunt him after court documents were filed in Victoria that have named the Greater Western Sydney star as a defendant in a lawsuit.
That lawsuit stems from a drunken incident that occurred five years ago when Greene and a friend were involved in an incident at a Caulfield restaurant in May, 2014.
In the incident Mornington man Terrence Payne, 50, was working as a security guard when he was assaulted by Greene and a friend after they were refused service of alcohol.
According to a writ filed in the Victorian County Court, the brawl left Mr Payne with post-traumatic stress disorder and depression, as well as a fractured fourth finger that required surgery.
“The plaintiff was dragged down stairs, repeatedly punched and kicked, struck with a crutch, pushed to the ground, pinned on the ground, and placed in a chokehold and/or headlock manoeuvre using legs,” the court documents claim. ..."

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
“The plaintiff was dragged down stairs, repeatedly punched and kicked, struck with a crutch, pushed to the ground, pinned on the ground, and placed in a chokehold and/or headlock manoeuvre using legs,” the court documents claim. ..."
He was just protecting the space.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
So the bloke was dragged down stairs beaten with a crutch and put in a headlock by legs? Haha

An he suffered the significant injuries of a broken finger?

Blokes entitled to a couple of weeks of his wages or something not a million dollars 5 years later. That's a joke

Chris Fagan

Debutant
Apr 2, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"Mr Payne is seeking a payout for loss of income up until the age of 67, as well as medical expenses and other damages. "

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
How many partners has Cousins bashed again?
Your deflection to a junky I’ve not defended, is noted.

Thinking about it, in the long running drama of cousins, I’m not sure he has actually been in trouble for physical violence, could be wrong.

But yes your right, your call of Ben Cousins trumps me, and makes Toby Greene = not guilty.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Your deflection to a junky I’ve not defended, is noted.

Thinking about it, in the long running drama of cousins, I’m not sure he has actually been in trouble for physical violence, could be wrong.

But yes your right, your call of Ben Cousins trumps me, and makes Toby Greene = not guilty.
Well Tobes doesn’t have a conviction recorded against him...

Back