NRL Todd Carney Sacked......again

Remove this Banner Ad

Carney is well known be people that live where his family grew up and reside as being a massive pisshead. He is still the same pisshead at Cronulla as he was at the Roosters and Raiders, I hear that the Shire locals and the footy club down there are better at covering up the drunken behavior that was flashed to all and sundry by previous employers of his.

Whilst it is a tame thing to be sacked for, but they know what people are going to be like with stuff like this, it's not worth the s**t that comes with it.

You'd think the only option for him now is Europe.

Plenty of blokes are pisshead's - he's taken it to the nth degree

And off topic a bit but the NRL have denied the Roosters from registering Ferguson so they can pick him up.

Expect them to play hard ball with Carney given he's been de registed previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the guy has many screws loose.

unfortunate cause he is such a good footballer.

from a very much outsiders perspective he doesn't seem like a s**t bloke. just a guy who hits the piss a bit too hard and does stupid things.

it was probably the only thing cronulla could do given his history but when you boil it down, has this incident hurt anyone else or broken any laws?
It's hurt Cronulla, a club who as it is can't attract sponsors. From that perspective they couldn't afford to keep him on I don't think. When you combine that with his rapsheet, and from the sounds of things a few covered up incidents this season, it's not a surprise.

If this was the first incident of someone, sure, it'd be pretty harsh. Disgusting maybe, but not particularly damaging (although surely there are laws about behaviour in public). But look at the list of Carneys indiscretions and it's not a surprise

Carney is well known be people that live where his family grew up and reside as being a massive pisshead. He is still the same pisshead at Cronulla as he was at the Roosters and Raiders, I hear that the Shire locals and the footy club down there are better at covering up the drunken behavior that was flashed to all and sundry by previous employers of his.

Whilst it is a tame thing to be sacked for, but they know what people are going to be like with stuff like this, it's not worth the s**t that comes with it.

You'd think the only option for him now is Europe.
I've heard his childhood probably shaped who he is these days as well, apparently a pretty crazy family. It's sad to see a talented person piss their livelihood away, especially when he doesn't appear to have the intelligence to do much else. But he's made some dumb decisions

The players are not happy with the club hierarchy and not happy with Sharp. Flanagan is due back next month.
Won't change much

Just a rotten club, have been for a long long time. Broke, horribly managed, not many fans. They're pinning their hopes on the development they're planning but I don't know how that will magically fix the multitude of problems the club had.

Won't change much

Just a rotten club, have been for a long long time. Broke, horribly managed, not many fans. They're pinning their hopes on the development they're planning but I don't know how that will magically fix the multitude of problems the club had.

As a supporter, I'm touched by your encouraging words. The only way is up.

It has to be his history counting against him, even in the AFL pissing on a police station, or another person (that weird "marking" thing from a few years back) wouldnt get you booted, maybe a week or two suspension and a fine. I don't get the appeal of urinating in your own mouth but given the NRL's current propensity for PED's, surely your own urine is the last thing they should be concerned about someone ingesting.

Furthermore maybe he was trialling some urine therapy for his recovery? It's more popular than you might think...

It has to be his history counting against him, even in the AFL pissing on a police station, or another person (that weird "marking" thing from a few years back) wouldnt get you booted, maybe a week or two suspension and a fine. I don't get the appeal of urinating in your own mouth but given the NRL's current propensity for PED's, surely your own urine is the last thing they should be concerned about someone ingesting.

Furthermore maybe he was trialling some urine therapy for his recovery? It's more popular than you might think...
lol

Been nothing in the news with regard to AFL and PED's of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England I'm really meaning in particular with their Super League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not keen on that. We took Joel Monaghan, which was pretty damned border-line as it was. But at least he's kept his nose clean and played good footy with Warrington since. Carney would be a step too far, though.

Not keen on that. We took Joel Monaghan, which was pretty damned border-line as it was. But at least he's kept his nose clean and played good footy with Warrington since. Carney would be a step too far, though.
meh. Mona's record is nothing like Carney's. He's got one absurd prank which should never have been shared, but otherwise is a cleanskin without a criminal record/seemingly a decent bloke.

Carney got banned from his home town at one point.

I thought France were more leniant than England, which would make the Catalans Dragons more likely as a destination?

By, Steve Mascord.

On Saturday, around lunchtime, player agent Andrew Purcell asked me on Twitter "when did your s**t stop stinking?".

The query was, as the late league journalist Peter Frilingos used to say, "apropos of nothing". In fact, my most recent posts had been a series of admissions about how bad I am at writing live match reports.

Of course, his choice of words would prove prescient, even if he confused his number ones with his number twos. The toilet was where the attention of rugby league would be focused by later that night.

Link

Apparently the Carney family have a very bad reputation with all the locals and all are known to be troublemakers. Not sure whether it's relevant or not but just thought it was interesting.

Also, i've heard that it wasn't a one incident sacking, but rather a series of mishaps for the season and this was the one that broke the camels back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back