Player Watch #43: Todd Elton

Remove this Banner Ad

At least 6. Would expect 1 or more FAs, 3 or more draftees plus at least 2 elevated rookies.
Why would you expect 1 or more FA's? Danger is the only 1 I expect is good enough or possibly Selwood. That is unlikely imo. Trades are more likely imo. Plus don't expect rookies to get elevated either. We can have them for 3 years on half the wage, and elevate them during year. Unless they go thru the clouds I doubt it considering how many we took in this years ND.

Why would you expect 1 or more FA's? Danger is the only 1 I expect is good enough or possibly Selwood. That is unlikely imo. Trades are more likely imo. Plus don't expect rookies to get elevated either. We can have them for 3 years on half the wage, and elevate them during year. Unless they go thru the clouds I doubt it considering how many we took in this years ND.
Yes true at most 1 FA and 1 or possibly 2 trades but also may involve players the other way. We can keep rookies for 3 years but with quality of last years draft picks I would expect at least 2 to be pushing for elevation. Most likely Kane Lambert and another.
The biggest factor for delistings will be the quality of the 2015 pool. I have heard there is a strong talent pool.
Not unreasonable to expect + 1 or +2 Trades / FA given that we have reportedly a "war chest", 2 Elevations and 3 draftees. If is not 6 delistings / retirements it won't be much less.

I personally dont think we will trade for any players unless its 1 of the GWS kids like Shiel.Treloar or WHE that want to come to us then its possible

Rookie's will remain on the rookie list for another year and wont be senior listed ( no need to) with possibly 1-2 new rookies to replace Thomas/Arnot if not upto it.

Hoping for
1 -FA (Dangerfield,Sloan) would be fantastic
3 - N Draft selections
1-2 rookie selections

I personally dont think we will trade for any players unless its 1 of the GWS kids like Shiel.Treloar or WHE that want to come to us then its possible

Rookie's will remain on the rookie list for another year and wont be senior listed ( no need to) with possibly 1-2 new rookies to replace Thomas/Arnot if not upto it.

Hoping for
1 -FA (Dangerfield,Sloan) would be fantastic
3 - N Draft selections
1-2 rookie selections

Sloan is not a Free agent. And he won't leave if his suggestion that 1 club players get a bonus.

Sloan is not a Free agent. And he won't leave if his suggestion that 1 club players get a bonus.

Wouldn't mind betting that already happens....

Yes true at most 1 FA and 1 or possibly 2 trades but also may involve players the other way. We can keep rookies for 3 years but with quality of last years draft picks I would expect at least 2 to be pushing for elevation. Most likely Kane Lambert and another.
The biggest factor for delistings will be the quality of the 2015 pool. I have heard there is a strong talent pool.
Not unreasonable to expect + 1 or +2 Trades / FA given that we have reportedly a "war chest", 2 Elevations and 3 draftees. If is not 6 delistings / retirements it won't be much less.
Yeah imo I cant see it. I think we would only trade for a Shiel type player, and I don't think we would get Danger. Maybe Selwood tho. With us taking so many draftees this year, that means those in the ND get auto 2 years, plus add up who is in the gun for delisting. That is the key here, as we now have a good list and not as many obvious delistings, which in the end limit our acquisitions. I can only really see a max of 4 list changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah imo I cant see it. I think we would only trade for a Shiel type player, and I don't think we would get Danger. Maybe Selwood tho. With us taking so many draftees this year, that means those in the ND get auto 2 years, plus add up who is in the gun for delisting. That is the key here, as we now have a good list and not as many obvious delistings, which in the end limit our acquisitions. I can only really see a max of 4 list changes.
Ok settle for 5 cuts LOL. Depends on how the club rates fringe players versus NAB draftees expected at the picks we have.

Showed some good signs today. Happy to let him play out the year and try and cement the spot as his own.
1 game left but i didn't like what i seen no wonder he hasn't been played. What a waste of 5 or so years of development.

think people are being a bit harsh on him.

don't forget he has been thrown around all over the shop in the VFL, never been able to settle.

took some nice enough grabs and competed in the air.

Yeah he made a couple of mistakes but he would have been fairly nervous.

I reckon if he had of had the same free ride Vickery has had, our forward line would be a lot more dangerous.

1 game left but i didn't like what i seen no wonder he hasn't been played. What a waste of 5 or so years of development.
7 marks, 3 contested. He was a target. Think back to Vickery and Griffiths' 3rd game. They struggled to even get near the ball let alone be a presence on the field. Hell, they've played a combined 180 games and they still struggle to impose themselves on the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back