Tom Boyd vs. Jesse Hogan

Boyd vs. hogan

• Boyd (doggies supporter)

• Boyd

• Hogan (Dee's supporter)

• Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see the match, so how did Bumble go ? I see he kicked 4. Breakout ?

As for Stringer ? Very good young player. But I'd take the bigger, taller, heavier power forward. I'd take the guy averaging more disposals, more marks, more contested marks, more contested possessions, more uncontested possessions, more marks inside 50, more effective possessions with a better effective possession percentage and the one who makes way less clangers. I'd take the one who already in his first 10 games has kicked over 20 goals despite getting the heat from the oppositions best defenders every single week from the get-go. I'd take the big power forward with exceptional pace, who can Carey-like pounce on a footy and swing on his non dominant left and slot the goal.

Woah, taking cherry picking to a whole new level there. If you actually posted the stat comparison chart, you'd realize they're statistically very similar; Stringer is better in about half of them. Alas, you're here to ride Hogan's utensil.

Not that the Footywire stats matter. Jake's better because he has far more x-factor, and is infinitely more versatile. Come back when Hogan starts consistently scoring goals from boundary snaps/bananas or scoring from 50 meters out on his opposite foot after evading/don'targuing 2-3 tacklers.

Woah, taking cherry picking to a whole new level there. If you actually posted the stat comparison chart, you'd realize they're statistically very similar; Stringer is better in about half of them. Alas, you're here to ride Hogan's utensil.

Not that the Footywire stats matter. Jake's better because he has far more x-factor, and is infinitely more versatile. Come back when Hogan starts consistently scoring goals from boundary snaps/bananas or scoring from 50 meters out on his opposite foot after evading/don'targuing 2-3 tacklers.

It's a no contest, mate. Give me the power forward every time.

ESPECIALLY when his numbers are better.

Guys like Carey and Brown drool over Hogan for a reason.

If only you could pump up your football team the way you pump up "carey-like" Hogan.

I'll take the team with more than one bloke able to take and mark and kick a goal, and a team that has more than one midfielder winning the ball and kicking it forward.

Maybe your club/supporters should spend more time finding ways to win more games rather than just living week to week off the output of one kid who clubs in future seasons will throw huge chunks of money at.

If only you could pump up your football team the way you pump up "carey-like" Hogan.

I'll take the team with more than one bloke able to take and mark and kick a goal, and a team that has more than one midfielder winning the ball and kicking it forward.

Maybe your club/supporters should spend more time finding ways to win more games rather than just living week to week off the output of one kid who clubs in future seasons will throw huge chunks of money at.

Start a thread about the Dogs 23 and unders V Dees if you like. This thread is Bumble v Hogan with doses of Stringer for good measure.

Although I hasten to add that I'm well satisfied with Hogan, Brayshaw, Salem, McDonald, Tyson, Viney, vandenBerg, Frost, Kent, Stretch, et al; and wait until you get a load of Petracca.

Our stocks are far greater than you'd believe, as you'd expect with our exposure to the draft and better (finally) decisions.

Didn't see the match, so how did Bumble go ? I see he kicked 4. Breakout ?

As for Stringer ? Very good young player. But I'd take the bigger, taller, heavier power forward. I'd take the guy averaging more disposals, more marks, more contested marks, more contested possessions, more uncontested possessions, more marks inside 50, more effective possessions with a better effective possession percentage and the one who makes way less clangers. I'd take the one who already in his first 10 games has kicked over 20 goals despite getting the heat from the oppositions best defenders every single week from the get-go. I'd take the big power forward with exceptional pace, who can Carey-like pounce on a footy and swing on his non dominant left and slot the goal.

I'd take this guy:

I think Hogan and Stringer both have the potential to be top players of the comp if not all time. Hogan probably more likely though.

How many times will bulldog supporters move the goal posts before they register a win?

Stringer? Great player and I'd take him ahead of Boyd. Hogan is a power forward that is his first year was just a few weeks ago leading the league in contested marks.

This thread is embarrassing from both supporters to be frank.

As soon as anyone says Boyd vs Hogan the Dogs supporters come up with excuses as to why Boyd is better, when Hogan is better right now and could be in the future but they both play different roles.

As soon as it comes up as Stringer vs Hogan the Dees supporters come up with excuses as to why Hogan is better, when Stringer is better right now and could be in the future but they both play different roles.

This thread is embarrassing from both supporters to be frank.

As soon as it comes up as Stringer vs Hogan the Dees supporters come up with excuses as to why Hogan is better, when Stringer is better right now and could be in the future but they both play different roles.

And I see you're perpetuating the stereotype.

I don't agree that Stringer is better than Hogan right now. In fact, I would take Hogan every day of the week for the remaining rounds of 2015 if given a choice.

If all 16 other clubs had the choice of Stringer or Hogan for the next decade I'd be shocked if even one chose Stringer.

Even this year Stringer's 2 worst games have been worse than Hogan's worst game. Stringer had 7 possessions and zero goals against Freo. He didn't trouble the scoreboard against the Hawks on his way to 1 mark for the day.

Btw, none of my comments should be construed as me not rating Stringer, as only a fool wouldn't think he's a potential star of the competition.

Can Dogs and Dees supporters at least agree this guy is a flog?

Boyd showed some very good signs early on clunking 3 contested marks.

Hogan is well ahead right now though he barely saw the ball down his end of the ground tonight and still played a very nice game.
We have agreed on that from a long time ago......Give Macartin a bag of five and he will write he will be better then both...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can imagine what you are frustrated at id say, wasn't going for class, was going for truth, most posts you write up have no substance or class or sensibility.

No I posted Hogan is better and I doubt you can prove otherwise. Boyds been subbed twice while Hogans been the key each week.

No I posted Hogan is better and I doubt you can prove otherwise. Boyds been subbed twice while Hogans been the key each week.
Dont have to prove it, they are still only 20 games into their careers, would you admit that Cripps is way better then Dunstan or billings so early on also?

Dont have to prove it, they are still only 20 games into their careers, would you admit that Cripps is way better then Dunstan or billings so early on also?

Billings is better and will be a far better than Cripps long term. Cripps is better than Dunstan yes.

Billings is better and will be a far better than Cripps long term. Cripps is better than Dunstan yes.
I knew you would say one would be, in fact like most people so far would say Hogan easy at this point will be better then Boyd, Most would say Cripps better then Billings long term too.

I knew you would say one would be, in fact like most people so far would say Hogan easy at this point will be better then Boyd, Most would say Cripps better then Billings long term too.

No they wouldn't that's just untrue.

Sorry, his "numbers" aren't better; that only applies for the ones you cherry picked. Keep deluding yourself though :D

Also hilarious to see you think the opinions of Carey and Brown matter. Literally full-on delusional.

Stringer wins. GG.

And I see you're perpetuating the stereotype.

I don't agree that Stringer is better than Hogan right now. In fact, I would take Hogan every day of the week for the remaining rounds of 2015 if given a choice.

If all 16 other clubs had the choice of Stringer or Hogan for the next decade I'd be shocked if even one chose Stringer.

Even this year Stringer's 2 worst games have been worse than Hogan's worst game. Stringer had 7 possessions and zero goals against Freo. He didn't trouble the scoreboard against the Hawks on his way to 1 mark for the day.

Btw, none of my comments should be construed as me not rating Stringer, as only a fool wouldn't think he's a potential star of the competition.

Oh my god! Stringer's worst game of the season is worse than Hogan's worst game!!! I guess that emphatically proves Hogan is better, just like how it proves Angus Brayshaw must be better than Gary Ablett.

You need to work on your bait. Sorry, but Stringer still wins whether you like it or not.

Sorry, his "numbers" aren't better; that only applies for the ones you cherry picked. Keep deluding yourself though :D

Also hilarious to see you think the opinions of Carey and Brown matter. Literally full-on delusional.

Stringer wins. GG.

Oh my god! Stringer's worst game of the season is worse than Hogan's worst game!!! I guess that emphatically proves Hogan is better, just like how it proves Angus Brayshaw must be better than Gary Ablett.

You need to work on your bait. Sorry, but Stringer still wins whether you like it or not.

They're considerably better.

Btw, I wouldn't trade Brayshaw for Stringer either.

Back