Tom Boyd vs. Jesse Hogan

Boyd vs. hogan

• Boyd (doggies supporter)

• Boyd

• Hogan (Dee's supporter)

• Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you're right, I should listen to insinuations regarding the inner-workings of my club of someone who has literally nothing to do with it.

The skipper was disgruntled and walked out. The man responsible for his appointment (and player discontent) has been removed (or "resigned", if you like). Two senior players have been cleared out for cultural reasons. An assistant has been sacked along similar lines.

The rats are gone. If you're prepared to say otherwise, give me names.

The Dogs will be wooden spoon contenders in 2015, but it won't be for cultural reasons.
That's what we all said when we got Neeld

It's amazing how quickly doggie fans turn on their players. This time last year their captain was everything, now he was the source of all their problems.

At least Melbourne fans still loved Jnr after the club treated him so poorly

To be fair Griffen pulled a bullshit move. The club didn't treat Griffen poorly.

He's still the best finals performer I've seen play for us.

It's amazing how quickly doggie fans turn on their players. This time last year their captain was everything, now he was the source of all their problems.

At least Melbourne fans still loved Jnr after the club treated him so poorly
Did Junior just decide to leave the club he was captaining and move to another club without informing the club until the day of the move?

No Bulldogs fan is saying Griffen was the source of the problems or is not a good player, and anybody who says that he is isn't informed. Apart from being a campaigner for the way he handled the situation, the only way he contributed to any problems was by being silent and not standing up and saying what he believed, which isn't easy.

Did Junior just decide to leave the club he was captaining and move to another club without informing the club until the day of the move?

No Bulldogs fan is saying Griffen was the source of the problems or is not a good player, and anybody who says that he is isn't informed. Apart from being a campaigner for the way he handled the situation, the only way he contributed to any problems was by being silent and not standing up and saying what he believed, which isn't easy.

Why did your captain want to leave? That's the issue and I've seen plenty of doggie fans make comments blaming the players who have left for all your problems. Clearly doggies have massive issues and to think that they were instantly solved by your coach and captain leaving is naïve.

Why did your captain want to leave? That's the issue and I've seen plenty of doggie fans make comments blaming the players who have left for all your problems. Clearly doggies have massive issues and to think that they were instantly solved by your coach and captain leaving is naïve.
From reports it was a falling out with the coach, there was a massive divide between a lot of players and the coach. Now that the coach is gone, hopefully the problem is gone. Also players such as Jones and Cooney weren't the best influence around the club.

Griffen's problem was with the captaincy and the man that pushed for his appointment. Both are gone. As are several players that were deemed to be doing more harm than good in a cultural sense.

Why speculate? People are going to disagree within football clubs. That's a fact of life. No club is a cultural utopia.

If it helps you sleep at night to believe that there are problems at the Dogs because they got rid of the dissenters, be my guest. Don't waste your time passing it off as gospel to the rest of us though. It just looks as though you've got a chip on your shoulder.

Griffen's problem was with the captaincy and the man that pushed for his appointment. Both are gone. As are several players that were deemed to be doing more harm than good in a cultural sense.

Why speculate? People are going to disagree within football clubs. That's a fact of life. No club is a cultural utopia.

If it helps you sleep at night to believe that there are problems at the Dogs because they got rid of the dissenters, be my guest. Don't waste your time passing it off as gospel to the rest of us though. It just looks as though you've got a chip on your shoulder.

Thank you for proving me right, you've just done exactly what I'm pointing out that doggie fans are doing.

Good one

Thank you for proving me right, you've just done exactly what I'm pointing out that doggie fans are doing.

Good one
And you're welcome to exercise your right to repeat yourself and refuse to engage in reasonable discussion, choosing instead to be condescending and insulting, all the while ironically accusing others of the same behaviour.

It's disappointing that a thread initially focusing on two incredibly promising forward prospects has degenerated into mud-slinging over imagined cultural issues at other clubs.

And you're welcome to exercise your right to repeat yourself and refuse to engage in reasonable discussion, choosing instead to be condescending and insulting, all the while ironically accusing others of the same behaviour.

It's disappointing that a thread initially focusing on two incredibly promising forward prospects has degenerated into mud-slinging over imagined cultural issues at other clubs.

How was my previous post insulting?

I initially stated that I think that doggie fans are in for a shock if they think they can solve their problems by having their coach and captain walk, then you said just that. I merely pointed out that you just repeated it again. How is that insulting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan impressed me a lot in the VFL, some very good games he played and just looked a natural forward, awesoem in the nab cup also.
Boyd at AFL level just didn't mark the ball like I thought he would, but still lots of time for both so we will see.

for me right now it would be Hogan gap Boyd.

My God, Hogan is a beast ! Got nothing against Boyd, but the Dees have a gem on their hands

Based on how their first couple of seasons, I'd take Tom Hawkins or Jarryd Roughead...

Way too early to be making judgements on both. The last page of this thread sums it up: Hogan played well today, and looks a ripper, but Boyd is also a ripper. To say "Boyd will be solid" but won't be a superstar is just dumb. He's playing what, his 10th game?

To say "Boyd will be solid" but won't be a superstar is just dumb. He's playing what, his 10th game?

Yeah but he doesn't pass the eye test for me

When you watch him does he scream future star?

When I watch Hogan I see a player that will one day regularly put teammates on his back and carry them with him and dominate games. He has an aura and a huge presence.

Something about Boyd doesn't sit right with me, just looks like he will be a good solid tall forward. A very overpaid one too.

Yeah but he doesn't pass the eye test for me

When you watch him does he scream future star?

When I watch Hogan I see a player that will one day regularly put teammates on his back and carry them with him and dominate games. He has an aura and a huge presence.

Something about Boyd doesn't sit right with me, just looks like he will be a good solid tall forward. A very overpaid one too.

just dumb. He's playing what, his 10th game?

Boyd presented well all game, competed in the ruck and in the backline with a limited tank, then went forward and iced the game for us.

All with 2-3 West Coast defenders falling over him. I couldn't be happier with his first game in the tricolours.

Didn't see the Melbourne-Gold Coast game, but I heard Hogan was exceptional on debut. Hoping to watch the replay soon.

God it's going to be fun to watch these guys for the next decade or so.

No disrespect to Boyd, but Hogan showed on debut that he's the better player. His 15 possessions were superior to Boyd's highest tally of 11 and his 7 marks (4 contested) were superior to Boyd's biggest haul of 4. Also, Boyd doesn't split packs like Hogan.

Facts are facts.

Interesting that Boyd struggled even though Mitch Brown went off at quarter time injured.

No disrespect to Boyd, but Hogan showed on debut that he's the better player. His 15 possessions were superior to Boyd's highest tally of 11 and his 7 marks (4 contested) were superior to Boyd's biggest haul of 4. Also, Boyd doesn't split packs like Hogan.

Facts are facts.

Hogan is always going to be a bigger possession winner than Boyd because he has the tank to get on his bike and run, comparing them at this stage isn't really ideal.

Although they'd fit very well in the same forward line together.

Interesting that Boyd struggled even though Mitch Brown went off at quarter time injured.
What is your fascination with trying to tear down Boyd? He's going to be a very good forward but it's going to take a while for him to be a dominant key forward.

Back